‹ Prequel: Cowboy Casanova

Stupid Boy

Epilogue

Lying stretched out on her back in the white sand, Jennipher had to bite her bottom lip to keep from either breaking out giggling or starting to squirm like a worm on a hook as TJ kept tracing his fingers over the shooting star tattoo on her right hipbone. The fascination he’d had with the body-art from the first moment he saw it had lingered and whilst she wasn’t quite sure why that was, she usually left him to it.

“If you as much as think about touching that piece of string, I will hip check you into next week,” she threatened without moving even a single inch as his finger started to wander closer and closer to the strings that held her bikini together.

“You can try,” TJ replied amused from where he was laying next to her, on his side with his head propped up in his hand as he watched her soaking in the rays, her bikini doing nothing to hide her alluring curves.

Team USA had won their final three games and stayed in the World Championships for the following year as well and much to Jennie’s amusement and his teammate’s gratefulness, TJ had really picked up his game, scoring in each of their three games. He also gained the coaches’ trust as he was picked to go for five rounds in the shootouts against Italy and he paid him back by scoring what ended up being the game winner.

Competing to stay in the main tournament, to not be relegated to Division I, wasn't quite what they had flown to Germany for but when everything was over and done with, the whole team still felt somewhat proud of the way they’d managed to pick themselves up from their disastrous start of the very same tournament.

During the last days of the tournament, Jennie had honored her promise and wearing the US-sweater in the stands; complete with Oshie 74 on the back, she had stayed in Germany and cheered for Team USA from up in the stands. Staying at a different hotel with Callie, she was silently revealed to find that her boyfriend and her best friend got along fabulously. It wasn't like she’d been worried about it, but she had been in a relationship before that ultimately ended cause the boy and her friend never managed to even get along, always fighting with each other. She really didn’t want that to happen with TJ…

Though in hindsight, she was probably most thankful for Callie not jumping her boyfriend the first time they met.

After all, he had been one of the players she’d found ‘insanely hot yet completely adorable’ when they were boarding the train before everything had begun and Jennie had learned a very long time ago, that friend wasn't above doing such things….

The tournament coming to an end, Callie had returned straight back home as she had work to get back to and TJ had thoroughly surprised Jennie when he, during her last morning in Germany, handed her an envelope over breakfast and she found a plane ticket to the Bahamas in it. A simple raise of her eyebrow and he’d told her that he wanted her to come along on the vacation he’d been forced to plan without her.

And what girl could say no to two weeks at the Bahamas?

They had been there for four days already and it wasn't a lie that they had spent about every waking moment out on the private beach of the bungalow that was located just a couple of feet away from the edge of the water. Of course, a rather sizable amount of that time had been spent in bed as well, and they sure hadn't been sleeping…

Continuing to let his fingers skim over the smooth, tanned skin of her abdomen, noticing her struggles to keep from laughing considering just how ticklish she was, TJ decided that sometimes beating around the bush just isn’t the best way to approach things. “I want to have a baby with you.”

“What?” Jennie literally choked as she snapped her eyes open behind her dark shades and turned her head to the side to look over at him.

“You and I should have a baby together,” he told her, his face calm and serious as he watched her push her sunglasses up and into her long hair that was collected in a messy bun at the top of her head.

“And you’ve officially gone crazy,” she decided frankly as he blue eyes locked with his blue ones; so similar to her own, yet so dramatically different.

“No,” he shook his head, smiling slightly. “I'm just a guy in love, who wants to have a family of his own,” he admitted honestly.

“You’ve thought about this,” she observed him softly. “I don’t… three weeks ago and I wasn't talk to you,” she pointed out quietly, not wanting to disturb what had been so amazing between them. She knew that she wasn't going to be able to just forgive and forget in the blink of an eye, but she had honestly forgiven, meaning that she needed to work on forgetting as well, as much as possible at least. She just wasn't sure that it was going to be accomplished within nine months…

“I've never had anything to lose before,” he said honestly. “I mean, there’s been hockey and my family of course, but I've never really loved anything else enough to be scared of losing it,” he admitted. “The weeks when we weren't talking and I knew how much I had hurt you, made me realize that I never want to be away from you again, I want you in my life for the long haul and you're the one I want to come home to when I've been away on a road trip and most importantly, you're the woman I want my children to have as a mother,” he reached out and brushed his thumb over the arch of her eyebrow, moving away a thin strand of hair from her forehead.

“You're serious about this,” she said softly, wondering if she was even more ludicrous than him for honestly thinking about it. They were just 23 years old, they’d barely been together for six months even and they had only just managed to move on from a road bump in the form of infidelity and she was seriously considering agreeing to have children with him? Yeah, if a friend of hers had said that to her, she would have had them sent to the insane asylum before they could even blink.

Yet here she was, lying on a private beach in the Bahamas, actually entertaining the idea of having children with the man she loved…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all who have read this, and all of you who subscribed and commented. It's amazing knowing that people actually like what I write and looks forwards to reading it =D

And now I'd really like it if as many of you as possible would comment one last time ;)