ToBeDecided

Chapter Four

His breath was now coming out in shallow gasps as he ran further and further along the building. There were little rooms off the the sides of him, but he was sure that his friend wasn't in any of them. Chazzen kept running, not stopping even for a breath. He grabbed at the stitch in his side and that was when he heard it. Someone was gasping for breath nor far ahead of him. "Brian..?" his voice was soft, but he was almost sure that his best friend was the one who was so close.
"Chazz?" Brian's voice rang out soft and defeated, and another gasp could be heard.
"Brian, what the hell man, you could have been killed. That crazy fucker is throwing axes and you go running after him?! Don't try to be a fucking hero, man. Alia is probably worried sick, and I was too.." the angry tone in his voice almost overshadowed the worry.
"I'm sorry, Chazzen." Brian was obviously very serious right now, which caused Chazz to move a little closer to him, leaning next to him by the wall. "I just, I couldn't stand that he tried to hurt her. He's crazy alright, but, I couldn't let him hurt her." his eyes were filled with tears when he glanced up at his best friend. "He could kill my ass, but if he hurts her... I might as well be dead."
"Brian..." Chazzen was lost for words. He had never been very fond of Alia, yet, he'd also never understood the depth of feeling that Brian felt for her. "I.." he paused momentarily, looking for something that he could say that might console his friend; but his mind was drawing a blank. "I think we should go back upstairs. To everyone else. Maybe then we can figure out what to do, you think?" Brian looked up as Chazzen finished his sentence and smiled lightly.
"Yea, good idea.. Then I can make sure Alia's alright."

A few moments later they were climbing the stairs to meet up with the rest of their group. Alia was sitting in the corner, obviously still too mad to leap up and greet Brian but worried enough to look over and make sure nothing was wrong with him. Leccare was biting her lip and looking over at them. "What happened?" she said softly, obviously suppressing the urge to start rambling on about what had just happened.
"Nothing more than what you probably already know." Chazzen said, averting his eyes from Brian and Alia's embrace to look at Leccare as he spoke to her. "But, I think we should go back, after we all have a chance to talk about everything, you know?"
"Yea." Leccare breathed, walking over and sitting next to Jenesis who was smiling softly and looking as if she had drifted off to a far corner of her mind.

"Vinny is all for battle. He knows that we can all kick ass, just like him." Domi cooed in Chazzen's direction, holding the picture of Vin Diesel up for him to see and doing a karate chop motion with the other hand. A smile was spread across his face as if he didn't understand the importance of the situation.
"No, Domi, we're going to have to be careful about his" Chazz practically growled, grinding his teeth and trying to contain his annoyance at the immaturity and crazy antics.
"Oh, be nice, Chazzen." Leccare's voice rang out across the room. "He's just trying to lighten the mood a little." she paused, turning her attention to her best friend and cooed "Isn't that right, Domi?"

The hours passed slowly as everyone worked on preparing themselves for venturing back over to where the crazy axe man had been. No one really wanted to, as everyone felt like they were risking their lives for the sake of exploring. If they just kept to themselves in this corner of the store, maybe they could be safe. But, upon suggesting this, everyone realized that it was crucial to be able to wander at least half way through the store. Bathrooms were needed, and they were located close to where the axe had been thrown.

Finally, they were ready to set out. "Is everyone alright?" Chazzen said softly. There were nods and soft calls of agreement from the rest of the group, and then they set out down the stairs.
The path seemed to be clear as the marched through the open area in the middle of the store. "They were further along anyways..." Jenesis said in a dreamy voice, seeming to be totally disregarding the danger they were in. Domi stayed near her, feeding off her energy, and seemed to be just about as cheery as she was, holding his picture of Vin Diesel out in front of him like a shield, every once in awhile whispering something almost incomprehensible that always started with "Vinny".
Soon though, they were finding bits that broke off into isles or small rooms. "I think we should split into twos.." Brian suggested, grabbing Alia's hand and making his way off down one of the isles. Chazzen nodded, and as it seemed that Jenesis and Domi were sticking together in blindly happy company, he sidled up beside Leccare.
"So, Carie, are you alright to come with me?" he whispered, looking ahead at one of the rooms. Leccare nodded a little and held up her inflatable hammer as if it was going to protect her from anything. Chazz didn't say a word, but shook his head a little and started making headway off into the direction of the room he had been staring at.

They slowly walking toward it, Chazzen in the front and Leccare following him with her large inflatable hammer. "Carie, stay behind me.." Chazz breathed, pushing his hand against the door and letting it slide open slowly.

There was a movement throughout the room and flashes of white and red. Chazzen jumped back quickly and Leccare struck out with her hammer and screamed. That's when they saw what it was, and what Carie had just done.
From down the hallway, Brian and Alia came running back, fear on their faces as they looked at Chazzen and Leccare. "You guys.. What happened?"
"They're just... bunnies..?" Leccare's eyes were filling with tears, looking at the hoard of dead bunnies laying around the room. Most looked to have been slaughtered, their meat stripped away from their bodies. The stench of dead flesh was now filling their nostrils, and it made Alia cover her mouth and back away, whispering to her teapot.

"They're.. dead.." Leccare whined sadly as sobs began to wrack her body. "How could someone kill poor innocent bunnies. What the hell.. He, or they, must be some sick bastards. They're so cute little bunnies. I killed one, look at it, look at it!" her sobs took over her rambling as she fell to the floor, staring at the bloody mess in front of her.

Chazzen stepped toward Leccare as if to lift her off the floor, but then Jenesis and Domi went running around the corner. "Carie!" her voice sounded desperate, she was sprinting toward her little sister, bright pink curls now bouncing around her head. Chazzen tilted his head, looking at her hair that had changed once again, before forcing himself back to reality. "Is she alright?" Jenny snapped at Chazz, pushing him away and grabbing her little sister's hand.
"I think.. this is just tough for her." Brian breathed lightly.
"Yea." Domi responded, wrapping his arm around Leccare's waist and starting to walk her back to the attic. Her face was ghost white and she was rambling nonsensically, every once in awhile Domi heard his name, or the name of someone else that was there with them. "Carie..?" Domi said softly once they'd gotten to the top of the stairs and sat down. "Are you alright?"
"This is never going to work out!" she pouted, leaning her head against the wall. "Obviously my parents, for some reason, aren't coming for us. There's crazy men all over this building, I just killed a bunny, and no one seems to think there's anything seriously wrong here. I mean, you might, because you always think something is wrong when I do, you're such a cute little brother-bunny. Chazzen and Jenesis are obviously fighting, why would a married couple be avoiding each other this much." at those words, a blush spread over her face. "He's my brother too, Domi.." she said softly, staring off into space and then getting a hardened look again, continuing her rant. "All Brian cares about is that stupid, stupid girl, Alia. All she does is carry that teapot around and not worry about anything and she's a raving idiot but of course he still loves her. I don't get it." the muscles in her jaw tightened at the last words, then she glanced at Domi. "And, what do you have to say about all this?"

His eyes got wide at her question, usually Carie would go on a rant and then ramble off into nothingness before coming back to reality; and by that point her rant usually seemed long forgotten. But, now, she was asking him an opinion when he hadn't even been listening to a word she said? "You've got great points there, on all of it, but we just need to keep a calm head. You stay here.." he stood up slowly "We're going to go find out what's going on."
As he turned to go, he reached into his pocket and felt his picture of Vin Diesel sitting there, and a smile spread across his face. "Carie.." he said softly, turning back to her. "Vinny wants to stay here and keep you safe." he shoved the picture in her direction. "I promise he'll keep you safe." and with that, Domi turned and started down the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
More satisfaction as I finish chapter four...
Although.. I'm still very, very far behind on my nano. Around 20k behind >_<