ToBeDecided

Chapter Nine

After taking off down the stairs, looking for someone to 'save', she headed right for where she figured her friends would have gone. She now had a more steady pace, and was walking quietly as she could in the darkness. She started trying to think about the situation they were in, and then suddenly, she realized that she had absolutely no clue what exactly they had experienced. Questions like what happened which had seemed trivial only moments ago now seemed to be quite important. She had been more worried about if her friends were okay, but, still had no clue what they were up against.
Stomping her foot once in frustration at herself, Leccare started down the hallway. Placing her ear to each door as she went, hoping to hear some sound through one of them. Then, hearing the faintest breathing through the third door, she walked inside, closing it behind her.

Domi and Alia were making good progress through the building. They were almost to the end of the hallway when they heard one of the doors open, and then close again. They squinted through the dark, but didn't see even so much as a silhouette. "Alia, we need to hurry.." Domi breathed, supporting more of her weight on himself and half running down the hall. The last thing they needed was to run into one of those creatures while she was so weak. Once he was pretty sure they were close to the stairs, he took a deep breath and called "Leccare?" out into the darkness, softly.
"She's not here.." the voice of Jenesis could be heard from somewhere just a few feet away. Domi smiled softly and started shuffling his feet, pulling Alia along to try and get her up the stairs.
"Sissy!" Alia cooed, realizing Jenesis was at the top of the stairs, she helped Domi as much as she could and in no time they were up the stairs and standing in the dim glow of the Coleman lantern.

"Where's Leccare?" Domi asked, worried.
"She just ran off the 'save you guys'." Jene rolled her eyes a little and bit her lip. "I didn't even get the chance to tell her what we're up against."
Domi smiled softly and shook his head. "I really don't think she needs to know. She's smart and knows to keep quiet. Hopefully, with her help, we'll all be back here soon.."

Leccare could still hear that faint breathing, and then suddenly someone leapt on her out of the darkness. She screamed, a loud, blood curdling scream and then fell still. "Oh, Leccare?" Brian's voice sounded surprised and a little bit embarrassed as he pulled himself off of her and back away a few steps. "What are you doing down here?" he tilted his head to the side and stared at her as if she were some foreign creature. "Looking for people.." she said softly glancing around the room. "Where's Alia?" her voice was low as she strained her eyes in the darkness, though, still unable to see anyone else.
"She's... I.." his voice broke and he slid to his knees "I don't know where she is, in all the confusion I lost her. I don't know what happened to her or if one of those... things got her.." he took in a deep breath and bit his lip. "But, I'm sure she's fine. I mean, I'm fine.."

"Sissy is fine too!" Leccare cooed, enthusiastically. Brian smiled softly as Leccare's enthusiasm and sighed "Thanks, Leccare." him and her had never really been close friends, but at this moment he was so glad to be here with her. She was cheering him up, even when he was about to spin down into the depths of despair. "Carie..." he said softly, standing up and taking a step towards the door "We should try and get back to the attic.. Just to see who's there and see.. like.. who's still alright." he took another step toward.

"Brian.." Leccare's heart was pounding in her chest as she started wondering what he meant, if there was only on guy, it would be easy for them all to escape and he wouldn't be so worried about everything, and everyone. "What exactly happened out there. I mean.. Was it one guy, a bunch of guys.." her eyes widened and she bit her lip hard. "Did someone die, Brian?" she averted her eyes from his, almost scared to hear the answer.

"I.. I don't think so, Leccare." He automatically wanted to tell her no to the last question she asked, but he knew that he couldn't really do that effectively, he didn't know a thing about where anyone else ended up, except for Jenesis, and that was because Leccare told him. "Also, they're, not exactly.." he paused momentarily, trying to figure how to tell her this in a way that she might believe him. "Well, they're not.. guys, per say. They're more like..." he paused again, looking her straight in the face, and trying to look as serious as he felt. "Aliens."

"What?" her eyes went from wide and scared to annoyed and amused. "I never thought you were the type to be funny Brian.." she smiled half-heartedly and then tilted her head. "I mean, I don't really think this is the time, Brian. Some of our friends could be hurt or, dead and you're making childish jokes about aliens to amuse me. Come on, I want to know the truth!" her cheeks were now flushed with frustration and her eyes were wider than normal. "Tell me what happened!

Brian jumped to his feet and glared at her. "I am telling you what happened Leccare!" he paused and then started on the story. "We were looking for the guys who... who threw they axe Alia, and the ones that killed the bunnies. We were walking around, looking, and we weren't finding anything until Chazzen had the brilliant idea to start opening doors. That's when we found them. I... I don't know what they.." his voice cracked as the memory burst into his mind. Those creatures were so ugly, so terrifying. "They're pure evil, Leccare.." and that's when he couldn't talk anymore. Seeing him in this stare scared Leccare slightly, and she bit her lip softly and closed her eyes.
"I'm sorry, Brian.. I guess I just thought that I couldn't trust that. It sounded so.." she broke off mid-sentence when she heard the door open and his footsteps moving away. Obviously, she had really offended him.