Status: Chapter two just fell down from the sky tonight :)

Is Famous the Best Way to Go?

Chapter 3: Welcome Back To Minnesota

Heather, JC Katie and Mrs. Knight got off the plane and grabbed their luggage from the rack, “Well, how does it feel to be back,” Mrs. Knight asked.

They all looked at each other, “It doesn’t feel right with them not here,” Heather said to Mrs. Knight.

JC hung her head and grabbed Heather‘s hand, they both were fighting to hold tears back, “I know, but we all have to be strong, they will be home sooner than you think it will be, we just have to wait a little bit longer,” Mrs. Knight told them.

Even Katie had the look of missing her brother and his friends upon her face, she didn’t know much of what to say, she didn’t want to upset the girls or her mom even more than what they were, so she hid her feelings.

They all walked out of the airport and into the chilly 36 degree Minnesota air, “I forgot how cold it was up here mom,” Katie said muttered clinging to her scarf.

“We have forgotten a lot haven’t we,” Mrs. Knight said.

A yellow cab pulled up in front of them to take them to their destination. It wasn’t the usual ride in a limo, but it wasn’t as bad as traveling around New York either.

“Where are you going,” the cab driver asked.

“52 Medow Lane,” Mrs. Knight told him.

“We are staying at Grandma’s house,” Katie asked.

“Yes dear.”

JC remembered grandma’s house, she loved it every time she went over there, a large swimming pool, a hot tub, game room, and it’s one of them things where if you named it, they had it. She sat next to the window, breathing on it and then drawing on the smeared parts, it was going to be a rough Holiday.

She walked into the brick, two-story home, the fireplace was lit; warm and inviting. The chandelier’s lights dim while the candle’s on the mantle seemed to brighten the room with the fresh smell of pecan pie. The four of them were greeted with warm hugs from their grandparents, “I’m so glad you are here, how was your flight?”

“It’s was fine, but the girls aren’t doing so well,” Mrs. Knight said to them.

An older lady with silvery hair looked at JC and Heather, “Are you two sick, I can make some soup, real quick?”

“No grandma, just want the boys home with us, but we aren’t going to get that chance,” JC said hugging her Grandpa.

“You two will make it through it don’t worry,” their Grandpa said with a smile.
“Thanks,” Heather told him.

“Oh that reminds me, Heather call your family, they can come over for Thanks giving, I know they would love to see you,” Mrs. Knight suggested.

A smile grew on Heather’s face and she pulled her cell phone out, “That’s a great idea, I’m sure they will love it!”

After getting settled into their rooms, JC decided that it was time for her to take a long awaited bath, it would give her time to relax and get some thinking done. She pinned her hair up and got into the tub, it was only a second later when her cell phone started playing, “Freak the freak out!”

She picked it up, it was James, “Hey about time you call!”

~

Over on James end of the line, he laid back on the small bed of the tour bus with his eyes closed listening to her voice, “I know, I know, I’m sorry it’s been a while, how was your flight?”

As they talked Kendall, Carlos, and Logan came in hollering and screaming, “Hold on JC, they are screaming at me!’

He covered the phone speaker, “What do you want, I’m a little busy!”

“WE ARE GOING HOME TOMORROW, BACK TO MINNESOTA!”

“ABOUT TIME,” James hollered.

Kendall put his hand on James’s shoulder, “You just have to agree on one thing, we can’t tell the girls it’s going to be a surprise.”

James thought for a moment, “Okay, deal!”

When they left the room he got back on the phone, “Sorry, they were being idiots.”

JC smiled, “Aren’t they always, but anyways, I want you to come home, I need to see you, it’s been too long.”

“I don’t know what going to happen, they haven’t let us know anything,” He lied.

He knew lying to her was wrong, but it was a surprise and he couldn’t ruin it, not even for Kendall and Heather.

“It’s okay, to be honest, I can’t believe that they gave Heather, Camille, and I this long off set also, and for one thing I don’t miss it a bit, it wears me out every day that I’m filming.”

After another hour James had to get some rest so it was time for her to get off the phone and get out of the tub. She put on her pajamas and went downstairs; following the smell of hot chocolate and marshmellows.

“What took you so long,” Heather asked and everyone’s eyes shot to her.

“James called me, he said that he didn’t know if they were going to make it home or not.”

Katie sighed, “I’m going to kill Gustavo when he gets back!”