Status: Finished; sequel in progress.

Reasons For This Lifestyle You Call Suicide

Think on the Bright Side... if You Find It

hey just wanted to drop you a note straight from the source. everyone knows tour has been pushed back- no i am not dead (unless this is the replaced robot me writing this), no noone is in rehabd. hopefully you know how much we love to tour and want to keep going- after some things coming up- it is in the best interest of the health of the band and its members to take just a couple weeks to catch up. we plan to tour for a long time after this soo stay tuned. also, expect some little things popping up here and there- (suprises at shows and whatnot) as we feel that is also important to the health of our band and our fans.

truefuckinglove.

(Author's note: this is actually a real journal blog from Pete...)

That should make them a little bit happy, hopefully. We had taken some time off to stay at home for a little longer. Other reasons I can't really say because Patrick likes to keep our lives a little private. I say... That is EXTREMELY HARD when you're me. People want to know every little thing about you. Hell, someone hacked my phone and took my pictures. Fuck, don't make me go over that one again.

I hopped into Patrick's room that I sometimes shared with him if I was too tired to get back to my parents' house. Tour would be starting up soon and we needed to think of how to tell Jennifer. Tough.

"Patrick... what are we gonna do with her?" I complained.

"You make it sound like we have to do something because we're being forced in a bad way," he mumbled while packing up some clothes.

"We start HCT in a couple weeks," I stated blantly.

"I'm sure she knows that. Come on, whatever money we don't make she gives us and she's been living with us for a few months now. She's like the little sister of our weird ass family."

"Creepy putting it that way," I laughed.

"Look, if you asked her out straight away, you know she would of said yes," he trailed off.

"Yeah? So?"

"Pete, you're not one for steady relationships. For instance, Ashlee Simpson?"

"What are you getting at?"

"We all really like Jenny and if you pushed her away, I would personally kick your ass."

"Only because you like her a lot," I teased.

"How about this, we bring her on tour and she can make sure the place is clean, sorta like a maid?"

"Oooh, maids," I joked.

He only rolled his eyes and told me to go to my parents' house to get clothes.
Jenny was walking up the stairs as I was coming down.

"Hey Peter, where you going?" she asked me casually.

"Going up to the parents'," I said, "Wanna come with?"

"Sure," she smiled.

We both walked down and I unlocked Patrick's car (I stole his keys. I'm not walking 10 blocks!). I started it up and off we went. We came to a stop light and patiently waited.
Jen looked at me and laughed softly.

"You know Pete, everyone has this huge image of a party-goer. You're kinda quiet compared to that."

"Heh, people just think that way because of how relaxed I tried to be in front of the camera. No one really knows me until they are with me for a while."

"I'm glad that I know you then," she smiled slightly.

The light changed and I took a left down my old street. The sun was just starting to come up and I knew my parents were probably getting use to me coming at night.

"They won't mind?" she asked hesistantly.

"As long as I don't scream or yell at the top of my lungs. My mommy actually loves it when I come over," I smirked, giving her a big smile.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. Soon enough, Mom came padding towards the door, unlocked it and I was embraced into a hug.

"Wow, there wasn't any hesitation in that one." I muffled.

"No one comes at 5 in the morning either," she laughed.

The three of us came in and I made introductions. Jen smiled shyly and my mom just looked at her kindly, giving a good old "hello and how are you" After that, Mom went to go wake up Dad for work and Jenny and I ran up to my old bedroom.

"I keep my stuff here if I'm in town. Otherwise, I'm out in my new house," I told her as I packed my luggage.

"Um, Pete? Why are you packing?" she asked quietly, sitting on my old bed.

"You don't know?" I asked, completely suprised.

"The lot of you told me to stay away from any tabloids." she laughed.

"Ah, right...you know the tour is coming up," I said, throwing a couple pairs of jeans and black pants into the bag.

"Oh!" she bursted out, "I totally forgot about the HCTour! You guys keep talking about it!"

"Well, we held off for a couple weeks because we've been thinking about you," I trailed.

"Don't worry about me..."she mumbled, "I always find someway to get through."

"Jennifer," I looked at her in disbelief, "You're coming with us."

Her eyes widened and her mouth hung open a little. I walked to the bathroom quickly and grabbed my make up, hairbrush, and toothbrush to shove in there. When I came back, she still had that stupid look on her face. I shook my head and tackled her softly.

"Jenny! Come on! It'll be fun!" I giggled.

"But my job! And you guys?! What will the papers say... oh my god, this must be too much for you guys... there's so much to think about."

"Look, it took us a few weeks to even come up with this idea and I don't want Patrick kicking my ass."

"huh?"

"Nevermind," I said lightly and went to zip my bag shut.

My bag made banging noises down the stairs because I was too lazy to actually carry it. My mom sighed and handed us a box of cookies and muffins.

"For the boys and you guys," she said, "Peter, don't eat them all in the car."

"I was 12 when I ate the whole box of thin mints Mom, don't give me that look," I pleaded.

She still gave me the stern look and I made a sad face at her. She was the first to crack and gave me another big hug.

"I'll see you in June?" she said as we pulled apart.

"Of course! Every time I get, I'll come by."

I gave Dad a hug before he went into the kitchen to get his coffee. Mom gave Jen a small hug and smiled at her.

"Keep those boys out of trouble for me, okay?" Mom said.

"I will," Jenny promised.

We finally left my old house and got back into the car. This tour was going to be the best ever.