His Lips.

Standalone.

His Lips

I looked into his eyes, deep blue and full of concern. His brow slanted in worry, his pupils searching my face trying to establish some kind of reason for my sudden outburst. I sighed, letting my shoulders drop. He looked so confused. So upset. He wanted to help, but I was still holding up barriers. I wouldn’t let him win. My heart might be dying on the inside, my eyes might be painful from the tears that threaten to fall, but I didn’t want to give in.

He shrugged, his arms moving up in defence. I was sure he could see through me, so why was he still standing there?

“Well, yunno…” He just stood there as if expecting me to tell him all my problems. Like that would ever happen. Would he enjoy listening, pretending that he cared? Would he still want to help once I told him everything? Would he run? Would he scream, call me a freak? Would he understand? No. Would he enjoy seeing tears run down my face? He tried to make out he understood how I was feeling, but he couldn’t. He had friends, for one kind of reason.

“No, I fucking don’t,” I hissed out. It was fucking pathetic, him and his ways. With his dark, chocolate, choppy hair. His piercing eyes, with his ocean blue orbs that seemed to scream out at me, even if I only moved. His lips, his lips shaking, trembling with every word that fell from them.

He could get away with so much more. God he had so much more talent too. He continued talking but I didn’t hear a word. I only saw his mouth moving. I couldn’t even divert my eyes. I’d look up, trying to get myself lost in his eyes instead. My head would just move back in place, level with his lips.

I shook, scared, terrified, petrified of what as taking over me. I took a step closer to him, drawn to him, like two magnets, their only path to each other. I felt my ribs rub against my shirt, my breathing becoming heavier.

The first tear drop fell as I gazed into his eye freely, I was falling. They could have well have been replica’s of his black little heart for how I gagged. It hurt. My insides hurt, pain searing through me as I tried, desperately to get air into my lungs.

My eyes fell on his lips again, coming closer to me. He was panicking over how my body was reacting. He tried to calm me down with his words. As he stepped closer, I flinched. He wanted to help.

I stared at his chest, where underneath all the clothing, his heart lay beating.

I turned my head up, our eyes became unlocked, our pupils trained upon each others.

And at that moment I knew. I just knew.

I hated him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?