Coffee and Cigarettes

Chapter 34

"We can't let this happen." I muttered, pacing the floor in my room. Frank and Libby sat on my bed, Libby frozen in shock and Frank patting her on the back, trying in vain to comfort her in her now traumatized state. "We can't fucking let this continue."

"M-My mom..." Libby whimpered. "Oh, my God..."

"Don't think about that," Frank shushed her, sighing softly.

"What are we going to do?" I asked myself more than anyone else.

"Call the police," Libby immediately said. "Get his fucking rapist ass in jail."

"True," was all Frank thought of to say. "Maybe we should...uh...."

"Uh, what?" I asked him irritatedly.

"...Ask your sister?" he offered hopefully. I sighed, not meaning to snap at him.

"Yeah. I'll ask her what to do...I just hope that I don't trigger anything within her to make her do something she's going to regret." I glanced at Libby who was nervously nibbling on the skin of her thumb and I told Frank to keep an eye on her while I talked to Blair.

I sauntered over to Blair's door and rubbed my eyes in exhaustion. This entire situation was so horrifyingly ridiculous that it was depriving me of all my energy. I hesitated, but knocked on my sister's door.

"Enter," she said.

I opened the door and Blair was lying on her stomach, The Perks of Being a Wallflower perched in her hands. Her favourite book...

"Well?" she asked. "You came here for a reason, I'm guessing. Explain."

I sighed and sat down cross-legged by the foot of her bed. "Promise me you'll count to ten after I tell you and you won't totally freak."

This grabbed her attention.

She took her bookmark and placed it between the book's pages and tossed it aside. "What's wrong?"

"Promise?" I warned, holding out my pinky finger. She locked hers with mine and promised. "Alright," I began. "Well, you know how Jane's been seeing someone since the divorce?"

Blair nodded.

"Well, it turns out that...." I swallowed the lump that had developed in my throat and bit the bullet. "...it's Jon Bishops."

Blair's eyes widened substantially and fury rose within her pupils.

"Fuck, Blair, count to ten, please..."

Blair inhaled slowly, a vein popping in her forehead, before she mouthed the numbers one to ten and exhaling. "That fucker is dating Libby's goddamn mother?" she hissed. "Does she know?"

"No," I sighed. "We have to tell her. They've...they've already had sex."

Blair looked nauseous. "Oh, God..." she grasped her head in her hands. "Come on, we're going over there right now."

"Right now?" I wailed. "Blair, it's past midnight!"

"Libby's here right now, isn't she?" Blair noted. "Her mother will be wanting her home soon, won't she?"

I nodded absently.

"Come on. We're going over there right now."

Blair got up, grabbed a sweater since she was only in a pair of boxers and tank top (her pajamas) and simultaneously grabbed Frank and Libby and hauled us over to Libby's house. She took the liberty of pounding on the door until Jane answered it. With a huge smile on her face, might I add.

"Oh, hello there...I was starting to wonder where those girls ran off to."

"We need to talk to you," Blair said sternly.

"No, no, I have news for you, all of you," Jane beamed. "Come inside."

All of us exchanged glances but followed Jane into the house. She sat all four of us on the couch and she sat across from us. "Now, I know you all know that I've been seeing someone. He's a very nice gentleman named Jon--"

Blair snorted at this. I kicked her shin.

"--and I went out to see him tonight, and share some wonderful news with him, and now I'll be able to share it with you."

Libby bit her lip, knowing what was coming. The rest of us prayed to the powers that be, if they were even there, that she wasn't going to say what we knew she was going to say.

Jane smiled at us all, the light hitting her happy face, making her glow.

"I'm pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
SO YEAH.
I haven't updated since May and I've been reading a bunch of Mibba stories lately and I felt like writing again.
Ahaha. Wow. :)
I have more ideas for this story now! It's almost never ending. Lucky for you, right? Sure.
Anyway, please comment it, I'd love to know if this chapter was worth taking this story off hiatus :]