You're Still an Innocent

Guess You Really Did it This Time

The front door to the kitchen of Castle Bam opened wide and the man stood in shock. This was not the happy home of skateboarder and Jackass star Bam Margera that millions had viewed thousands of times on TV before. Trash littered the floor. Dishes were piled in the sink and on the granite counter tops. There was an odor to the room that could only be described as a combination of moldy food, stale beer, and cat poop. The table was littered with bottles and bottles of different brands of beer and a few bottles of Jack and Jameson had been thrown in for good measure too. All of them were empty.

‘Shit…’ The man mumbled stepping inside of the disaster zone and shutting the front door behind him.

He had never expected he’d be walking into something like this. Letting his brown eyes adjust to the darkness, he stood for a minute thinking of his next plan of action. Obviously, he had to continue on through the house and see what other damage had been done.

‘Meow!’

The man felt something push against his legs and looked down to see a black and white cat grazing against his jeans, purring.

‘You must be starving, huh Trouble?’ The man said making his way into the kitchen where he knew the cat food was kept. He pulled the bag of Iams out and poured some into a random bowl that was in a cabinet. ‘There you go.’ He said patting Trouble’s back as he dug into the kibble. Mousebreath came out from under the table, crying and pushing his way next to Trouble to eat.

The man smiled at the cats and shook off his leather jacket. It was so hot in the house; his GG Allin t-shirt was almost too uncomfortable. He ran his hands through his shaggy, dark hair and sighed.

He climbed the stairs to the purple and black, gothic living room. It too, was as dark as the downstairs had been. There was no sign of anything living up here. The light on the infamous Death Metal Jukebox was on, but no music was coming from the speaker. A few of the dining room chairs were smashed. There were a few clothing items and random skateboard parts thrown about. The wide screen TV had been completely smashed, lying on the floor among its broken shards of glass were several pool balls, which had clearly done the damage.

Jesse sure hadn’t been kidding when he said the family was worried. They had good reason to be.

‘Bam?…’ It was the first time the man had worked up the courage to actually say the name of the homeowner.

He was greeted with nothing but silence. At this point, even he had begun to become worried. The last thing he ever wanted to do was find one of his best friends dead. His heart began to race and his throat got tight as the visual of Bam’s cold, dead body laying somewhere on the floor upstairs crossed his mind.

He knew he had to go on. Taking a deep breath, he stepped through the mess, towards the stairs that led to the next flood up. He climbed them, his footsteps the only sounds echoing through the house.

‘Bam.’ He said again at the top. He was staring at the door of the master bedroom. It was cracked open, but only more darkness could be seen.

‘Bam!’ He yelled it this time. Still nothing but silence.

Now shaking, the man worked up the tiniest bit of courage he had left, and walked down the balcony to the door and pushed it open.

There was no light at all in the room other than the alarm clock that was next to the bed. But as the man’s eyes adjusted the smallest bit, he could see the silhouette of a man lying on the bed.

‘Thank fucking God. Dude! You had me scared to death!’ He reached over and flicked the light on and saw that Bam was wearing nothing but his boxers and was facing down on his king sized mattress. The bed had no sheets or blankets. One of Bam’s tattooed hands was hanging down next to the bed, a bottle of Jack Daniels dangling from it, a puddle from the alcohol seeped into the rug.

‘Dude.’ The man said taking the few steps over to his friend and reaching out to shake him. His heart dropped when he felt the cold flesh beneath his fingertips.

‘Dude! Dude!’ He yelled flipping the body of Bam Margera onto its back. ‘Bam! Bam! BAM!! WAKE UP! WAKE THE FUCK UP!!’

Panic stricken, the man wiped out his phone and dialed 911.

‘Hello, 911, what is your emergency?’ A woman’s voice met his ear.

‘No one’s talked to my friend in days and I just came to his house to check on him and he’s cold and laying on his bed. He had a bottle of Jack Daniel’s in his hand.’ The man explained this all very fast.

‘Is he still breathing?’ The woman asked.

The man looked over at Bam and placed his fingertips against his slightly open mouth. His heart pounded through his shirt as soon as he felt the faint warm moisture hit his fingertips.

‘Yeah! Yes he is! But barely.’

‘Emergency personal is being dispatched now. I need the address of your location.’

‘435 Hickory Hill Road.’

‘Thank you. I need you to stay calm while you wait for the ambulance, okay? And make sure he stays breathing. I’m going to stay on the phone with you until they get there.’

‘Okay.’

Chad I. Ginsburg sat on the phone listening to a woman he had never met before, trying to keep his best friend alive.

It was safe to say, he had never been so scared in his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Completely edited. :)