You're Still an Innocent

Left Yourself in Your Warpath

Waiting rooms in hospitals are one of the worst places on the planet. The walls are a plain, neutral tone; the chairs, always uncomfortable; the tables are strewn with magazines no one’s ever heard of and they’re all from at least two months ago; the TV is always stuck on a channel that no one wants to watch but no one can find the remote to actually do something about it.

And everyone gets lost in their minds for hours; thinking about god knows what, until someone comes with news.

Chad had been staring at the floor of this particular hospital waiting room since he had arrived here on the ambulance with Bam’s body. The EMT’s had said that if he had been two minutes late in calling, Bam would be dead.

The image of Bam on the mattress alone was enough to have shaken Chad to the core, never mind the fact that if he had been any later, Bam would have died.

April’s tears hadn’t stopped pouring from her blue eyes since Chad had called her and Phil. They had been sound asleep and ripped from their bed by heartache over their youngest child. Chad felt awful for both of them and mad at Bam for always putting them through all of this bull shit.

Jess Margera sat holding his sleeping son in his lap. Jess, his wife Sarah, and their little boy Carver had rushed over as soon as Chad had called them. He figured it would have been best if Bam’s brother was here.

Chad’s mind was a twisted swirl of guilt, horror, shock, fear, happiness, betrayal, and sadness. He was having a hard time dealing with everything that was going on.

Everyone’s mind was thinking of one person, Ryan Dunn. Ryan and Bam had been the best of friends since high school. They had gone from being silly, teenagers with recording anything stupid to make people laugh to three multi-million dollar films and the pressures of being famous together. Ryan had passed away a few months before in a car accident. Since then, everyone felt like their lives would never be the same.

Bam had spent the months since Ryan’s passing doing the one thing he knew that would numb his pain, consuming alcohol. With a failed marriage on one hand and losing his best friend on the other, he felt like things were never going to get better.

‘Um, Brandon Margera’s family?’

‘Right here.’ April said jumping up to greet the doctor.

‘Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Margera and friends, I’m Dr. Miller.’ He said giving them all a small smile and looking through his papers. ‘Your son, Brandon has had his stomach pumped and he is now on an IV to get his body rehydrated. He’s going to be fine in a few days. We just want to keep him to make sure he’s eating correctly again. He seems to have lost a lot of weight. So, once he returns home, make sure he’s eating right and I would highly recommend getting him into a rehabilitation clinic of some sort. You can go see him whenever you’re ready.’

‘Thank you so much, doctor.’ Phil said smiling at the doctor.

‘I’m really serious about the rehab though. If you’re son continues to live with his addictions, I don’t know how long we will live for.’ Dr. Miller turned from the family and made his way towards the double doors on the other side of the waiting room. ‘Have a good night. He’s in room 349.’
♠ ♠ ♠
This story was started before Ryan's untimely death. He was originally going to be included in the story, but I have since sped this up until after his death because it works a lot better and leads to less confusion. Happy Reading!