Status: Updates Every Wednesday

Vampire's Pet

Chapter Twelve

I watched the man carefully as he sauntered over with a glare, ready to blow up dangerously. I felt his hostile aura surround my own, smothering me. He was too dangerous. I grabbed Alex and clutched him tightly to my body as a warning growl, deep and strong sounded from Li's throat, his ears turning back in warning. His pupils had turned to slits.

May picked up Jack with wide eyes of horror, her face deathly pale. Her ears drooped in fright, and her pupils were large and round, leaving a bright ring of color. She was terrified, I could feel it like a suffocating cloud. I turned when the man began to speak in a dangerously low, and controlled voice that ripped through me like shards of ice.

"What are you doing with my woman?" he demanded. Looking at him carefully, I was quickly able to deem he was a simple vampire, not of the rare, strong kind. He was simply a bottom feeder. How he came across May, I'll never know. Li growled again, this time revealing his fangs; the man was too close for comfort.

"May and her son are coming with us," I said clear and strong; I wasn't afraid of this simpleton and I would the others that they shouldn't be either. The man stared at me with wide eyes, that slowly traced over every inch of my body and I felt a sense of violation. My ears went back and a growl, much stronger and more deadly than Li's, rumbled in my throat. The man looked taken back with surprise, but it quickly turned into a sloppy grin. He wiped some drool dribbling from the side of his mouth.

"You sure are a pretty one. Rare, I bet too," he said with an evil glint in his eye, and Li hissed in warning, his claws flexing and reaching out as his body prepared to protect. The man simply ignored him and I glared dangerously. Without looking, I rested a hand on May's shoulder and began to lead her away without another word.

"Hey, get back here! MAY!" he roared and bulked up, his muscles puffy out angrily and Li growled loudly, taking a swipe at his face. The cuts were deep and clean; blood trickled down the side of his face, his eyes wide before he turned enraged.

"Li, come on!" I shouted to him just as I buckled in Alex, and climbed into the passenger side. I watched, my heart hammering in my chest as Li rushed over, jumping clear over the hood of the car and slid inside gracefully, slamming the car into reverse. We almost hit the strange man and his goons, but they were such pitiful vampires. They couldn't keep up.

On the drive, I turned in my seat and smiled toward May who looked so relieved, that she looked years younger and it was then I realized just how old she really was.

May was only 15 years old.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o....