Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

Kiss and Make Up

Beth and I talked a few minutes more, sadly she had to leave for an appointment of some sort. After sitting by myself again like a loner and complete loser. I got up, and began my trek home feeling sorry for myself.

As I entered my apartment, I noticed Jack sitting on the couch like a slob watching TV, he turned it on mute and stared at me as I walked in. I looked at him and walked past him, walking straight into the kitchen. I opened the fridge, got out two beers and opened them with bottle opener. I went back into the living room, where Jack was still sitting looking confused.

I walked over and sat beside him, where I usually sat and handed him a beer. He took it warily and stared at me in shock. I chinked the bottle against his muttering “Cheers” and sipped my beer gently.

“We’re good” I announce, taking the remote from the armchair, leaning across him. I pressed the mute button and the TV noise played onwards. I could feel his confused stare burning into my head but I somehow ignored it, and stared at the screen with no interest.

I sipped my beer nonchalantly hoping he would just move on. Jack sipped his beer unsure, and swallowed slowly.

“We’re good?” he repeats, in question form. I sigh gently, nodding and continually sipping my beer.

“I talked to your girlfriend today. She’s nice, funny. I approve Jack” I say honestly, but I couldn’t help add in my head.

“Just not for you though…”

Jack broke into a huge smile and all the guilt came tumbling back, the guilt I tried so hard to fend off all the way home. Jack’s smile made the thoughts of Beth go away just for a minute as I remembered the best friend sitting beside me. I remembered how much Jack truly did mean to me and how I shouldn’t be so cruel about him and Beth’s relationship. I should be happy for him, supporting him. I shouldn’t be crushing on his girlfriend and from right now I was going to stop thinking about her altogether and concentrate on supporting Jack.

Jack’s phone bleeped, it was sitting nearest me on the coffee table. I picked it up, glancing at it and seeing “Lizzie” flash on his screen and handed it to him and as he answered and started talking (loudly) on his phone to his girlfriend. I bitterly thought:

I’ll start tomorrow.

Beth consumed my thoughts for the rest of the night and I didn’t care one bit…for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
That is all I have written for now, I hope I can be inspired to right more :)
Please comment if you want, it makes me happy to see people actually reading it!
<3