Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

Chips Anyone?

hump. Thump. Thump.

My head boomed in pain as I awoke that next morning, in fact I don’t even recall going to bed. After the New Year, I got drunk. Seriously drunk.

Oh the pain, the fucking thumping pain.

I slowly crept out of bed and was shocked to find Aaron, Greg and some girl I didn’t even recognize on the floor of my room.

“Holy shit!” I seethe, as dizziness washed through me.

“Dude, people are trying to sleep” grumbles Greg, tossing over and trying to get comfortable. I rolled my eyes and made my way out of my room.

The place was horrendous, a few people were passed out on the couch, Maggie being one of them. I guess we did a good party then. The rubbish was everyone and I hoped to God I wouldn’t have to pick up those condoms on the floor.

Jack could do it.

Speaking of Jack, he must be asleep.
With Beth.

Beth.

Last night happened, I practically made out with Beth.
Somehow, it happened.

It truly happened, Beth kissed me, not a peck, not a slight, it was a full kiss and she meant it, she wasn’t that drunk. She must have feelings for me.

Stop. Stop. Stop.

Slow down Finn. I’m getting ahead of myself, she could have been drunk, a lightweight or something. I don’t know. I just know that if she remembers, today is going to be incredibly awkward.

I managed to crawl into the shower, clearing my head. I found some clean clothes and I managed to salvage some breakfast.

When I was in the kitchen doing this, cursing at the fact of how much Jack and I were going to clean up. Beth walked in, simply wearing some of Jack’s clothes. She looked very sexy to say the least.

“Oh, Hi Finn” She says, she felt awkward and soon the tension built between us. None of us had forgotten last night’s event. I know I’ll never forget.

“Finn, get me some painkillers before I die” the voice of Jack said, and I smirk, pleased that he too was in pain.

“Last night was epic” Jack says, smiling as he downed the water and pills, I gave him.

“My head” Beth groans and Jack pulls her into a hug, kissing her messed up hair.

“Finn, another round of medication for the lady” Jack orders and I do, I make sure that their the right tablets too. I gave her some nice water with everything. Why?

I’m in love idiots.

“So, have you told him yet?” Jack says, asking Beth playfully. I looked between them, a secret between them.

“Um, no, not yet” Beth mumbles, not looking me in the eye.

“Well, Finn. Beth and I leaving for London on Tuesday, and we’re coming back next Tuesday. Will you manage to keep yourself alive for that amount of time”

I knew about London. I knew, but it was still a shock that it was so soon. They had only been dating for a couple of months, yet they were going away together. They’re going to have sex and I’ll forever hate my best friend.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine” I say, realizing I had stared at them too long.

“Ah! I can’t wait, fish and chips anyone?” Jack says in a terrible English accent, but it didn’t stop me laughing at him.

“Have fun” I say monotonously, hoping I didn’t sound too spiteful.

Beth smiled weakly at me “Thanks” she says just above a whisper. A silence drifted between us, but it broke as we heard someone cussing.

“Stupid coffee table” mumbles the masculine voice.

Jack and I shared a look. “Gregory” we chorus. Beth simply smirks as she finished off her water.

Beth and I shared a look too, but we didn’t say anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but another chapter will be out after shortly...
it works better this way :)

Comments? <3