Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

Jealousy Gets Me In Difficult Situations

Days passed, weeks turning into months and before I knew it, it was a few days before my birthday. I was turning 22 and I suddenly felt old. Mum was persistent on having a party, even though it’s not a big day. She still wants too, inviting family and friends around for a barbeque.

Beth and Jack hadn’t changed, and I don’t really know why. I kept hinting to Beth to hurry up and do it already, she insists to wait till it’s past my birthday. But this just makes me more irritable. Jack and I hadn’t changed, hanging out now again and me feeling like a fuckup. Life hadn’t changed. Maggie had moved in with her Mom, she moved out last month and never stopped thanking us and apologizing for the inconvenience, I had to hug her so tight, to stop apologizing. Dylan hadn’t been seen this the night I ’had a word’ with him and I thanked heavens, because I’d hate to get in trouble with the law because of scum like him.

“Dude! You’re 22 tomorrow!” Jack announces, we were in a restaurant, it was a birthday dinner for me. There was Beth, Jack, Maggie and I having a good time. We all did a toast to me, I suddenly felt loved.

Well we were having a good time, until some waiter decided to be very unprofessional and start flirting with Beth. Jack wasn’t the only one that was furious.

I was glaring at him, imagining him burning to the ground. “Would you all like to order?” the waiter offered, his eyes never leaving Beth’s revealed legs, I knew she shouldn’t have worn that dress. She looked sexy as hell….

“Yes, we would all like to order” I say, emphasizing the word ‘all’ sternly. Maggie gave me a sympathetic smile and under the table, squeeze my knee in comfort. I relaxed slightly…I had to calm down before I punched him.

“Madam?” the guys asks Maggie, giving a smile that I knew Maggie liked. I glared at him again, this guy obviously couldn’t get his own girls. Jack glanced at me and nodded, as if agreeing with that this guy was a total asshole.

“I’ll have the asparagus bake, no fries please” Maggie says and I smile, she was a sweet girl, she didn’t need to worry about her figure…

“Lovely, and for you sir?” he asks, directing to me. I gave him my order, Jack gave his and then he came to Beth, last which I think he did on purpose.

“And for you, miss?” he asks and I noticed he smirked slightly. I had to control myself, before I punched him square in the nose. Jack was getting annoyed too, I could tell by the way he played with the fork, pretending to act bored when really, he was tempted to stab the guy with it.

“Um, I’ll have the chicken ravioli please” Beth says, the guys smiles as if she just said she’d have sex with him, right there on the table.

Fucking twat. “Thank you” he says, and I wanted to punch him more. He was practically undressing her with his beady eyes. The pervert.

Once he left, thank god. Beth leaned forward nervously. “Is it me…or is he weird?” Beth whispers and Maggie smirks.

“Someone’s got an eager admirer” she teases. I scoff.

“Pervert more like” I mumble and I knew I shouldn’t act so protective and jealous, but I couldn’t help it. Beth rolled her eyes and Jack leaned in and whispered something to her, making me curious to what he was saying.

“Something to share buddy?” I ask, sarcastically and Maggie hit my playfully, but it was more as warning. I was pushing my luck to say the least. Before Jack could reply, the waiter had come back. I knew he was being quick service simply because Beth was here, in a stunning dress and Maggie was a very close second to Beth.

“There you go” he says, serving Beth first, then Maggie, then Jack then me. Sigh, I’m always last.

“Thanks so much!” I say chirpily, obviously taking the piss. The poor guy didn’t know this and it sent the whole of us into hysterics. He scowled at me and stormed off. I chuckled and I felt a soft kick against my leg. It was Beth, I looked up at her and smiled slightly. She grins secretively and I wanted to nothing but kiss her.

I didn’t though, and continued to eat peacefully. We enjoyed the night, beside the waiter constantly checked up on us and when he poured another glass of wine for Beth, he looked down her dress, causing Jack to kick his chair out slightly when he walked past, resulting in him stumbling and looking more of twat.

Ah, good times.

When we were ready to leave, Jack and I were splitting the bill between us much to the girls protest. We called the guy over and he stiffly, went to go get the check for us.

When he returned, handing it to Jack, who put some money down and I did the rest. Jack excused himself to quickly go for a piss, well he said it nicer but that’s what he was doing. Leaving me, to fend for the girls.

“Hey there, I’m Isaac” the guy introduces to Beth, who looked extremely awkward. She glanced behind her, hoping for Jack I guess. Jealousy surged me through me...

“I was wondering if we could trade numbers and go out some time?” ‘Isaac’ said and before Beth could defend herself, which I knew she could do. It was too much, the jealousy, the protective feel for her... I stormed up to him, tapped him on the shoulder as he was facing away from me. He turned around and glared at me.

“Yes sir?” he asks snippily. I punched him, suckered punched him right in the nose and I hope to god I broke it. Everyone gasped, as Isaac fell on the table behind him, smashing the glasses and plates. The whole restaurant went silence and a load of random people stood up to come closer and see if he was alright.

“You can plainly see she isn’t interested, so keep your hands to yourself. You prick” I spit, feeling the adrenaline rush through me. Maggie pulled me away, to make sure I wouldn’t suddenly savage him. Jack appears again, looking shocked.

“Dude, what did you do?” he asks in disbelief, as he saw Isaac’s bleeding face. Beth’s shocked face and everyone whispering and talking. The manager shouting at me in French.

“He was flirting with your girl” I say simply, trying to act all nonchalant that my actions were overactive. I was lying obviously, I was just furious as Beth was unofficially mine and no one else was going to have her. I knew I sounded possessive, but it’s Love. It’s this stupid love thing…

“I could have done that myself” Jack says, laughing slightly as he saw the mess. I shrug, patting his shoulder.

“I got your back always” I say, and simply walk out, leaving everyone behind before the cops arrived. The others followed, Jack and Beth went straight home leaving me to take Maggie home.

“You do know…that you shouldn’t have done that?” Maggie says like it was obvious, which is was.

“I know, but…” I say, I had no comeback.

Maggie chuckles softly. “You really love her don’t you?” she asks me, as we turned into her Mom’s road.

“Yeah, I do Mags. One day, we’ll be together” I say confidently. Maggie smiled slightly as we pulled up. She undid her belt and turned to face me.

“You’re sweet guy Finn, you deserve happiness” she tells me suddenly, she leans and kisses my cheek.

“I’ll see you on your birthday. Thanks for the dinner…and show” she says, teasing me at the end. I nod, and smile back as she got out the car. I watched her to go to the door and she waved as she went in. I waved back, sighing with dread.

I knew Beth would be mad at me, for punching a guy that flirted with her.
I knew Jack would question me for punching a guy that flirted with HIS girlfriend.
I knew I was in for it.

Ah well, I’ll take the long way home….I fancied a drive anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha, a jealous Finn! :)
His birthday soon, what will Beth get him??
Commmentss???? <33