Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

As If I Would Forget Her Name

Work.

I usually despised today, but I realized that today…the gorgeous girl was coming in and I hoped that I would at least act like a human being, and I can dream of getting her number.

I got up early, had my usual bowl of Coco Pops and a cup of tea with two sugars in. You could say I liked sugar. I guess.

I had got up a half hour earlier, so I had time to shower, and shave and I even prepared clothes last night. God, I was turning into such a girl.

After getting ready, putting some aftershave on also. I grabbed my hooded jacket, zipping it up half way. I left the apartment, slamming the door hoping it would wake up Jack. He never worked Mondays. Damn him.

Driving to work, my stomach filled with anticipation and digested food that threatened to make a reappearance.

As I got to work, switching the radio off and quickly walking in, it was getting colder.
Elle was making coffee. What a Saint!

So I sat at my usual spot, at the front of the shop, behind the cashier, sipping my coffee with one sugar (I liked coffee, slightly bitter) and a dash of milk. I listened to the radio and Elle inform me of her weekend.

“He’s so selfish, never thinks of anyone but himself. I ask him to wash my car and what does he do? Wash his own car!” Elle rants about her husband and to be honest, I felt sorry for the poor prick. But I merely nodded and said

“How selfish” and sipped my coffee again, hoping she didn’t notice my bored expression. At approximately, yes I am sad for reporting this. Anyway, at 9.06am sharp, only 6 minutes after the shop had officially opened.

The goddess arrived.

She was wearing a short woollen dress, black legging underneath and grey Doc Martin’s decorated with white flowers on her feet. A black chain type belt hung on her hips, making a chinking sound as she walked into the shop. She had a black vest top underneath you could see from the V-neck, a black leather coat on top, and her brunette hair was in natural waves and the hood was up.

I noticed white ipod earphones in her ears, her face was perfect with little but natural makeup on. God, she was beautiful. Effortlessly beautiful.

She smiled politely at me, and took the headphones out. “Hi” I say, too eagerly I thought.

She gave me a slight confused smile, then recognition appears and she smiles brighter.

“Hi, sorry…miles away.” she says, putting her ipod in her pocket. I smile, understandingly but couldn’t help but feel like a dick inside.

“So…want your camera?” I ask and I immediately wanted to punch myself. Of course she wanted the camera Finn…she did in fact just come into a CAMERA SHOP! GOD. I’M AN IDIOT.

I finished arguing with myself and kept the smile up.

“Um, kind of why I came here…so yeah” she teases and I could feel my ears warming up.

“Cool, so…name?” I ask her, pretending I forgot.

I hadn’t forgot.

I had been dreaming of her name all last week and this weekend.

I had been constantly thinking of her name.

Her beautiful, slightly old fashioned name.

Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Carlton.

--

“Thank you so much!” she says happily, as she took the camera off me.

“You’re welcome, just try not to walk into douche’s” I tease and she looks at me, rolling her eyes.

“Well, I got a date with the douche. So I think I should do it more often” she replies smartly.

My hopes, my minor, self-conscious hope of even dating her….shot down straight into the ground and whimpered in pain.

I changed the grimace on my face to look like I was stretching my jaw.

“You okay?” she asks unsure, probably thinking I’m some sort of loser. Which I am.

“Yeah, just…stretching” I say, pretending I was yawning. Elizabeth looked at me, giving me friendly smile.

“Well, thanks for fixing it. You’re a life saviour” she says happily and I smiled back, it was contagious.

“You’re more then welcome Elizabeth” I reply

She crinkles her nose with distaste, she looked so cute “Beth. Call me Beth” she insists and I nod, smiling like a stupid person.

“See you later….Finn” she calls, as she walks out the shop and I couldn’t help smile wider. She knew my name, she paid attention and read my tag.

I didn’t care that I would never see her again.
I was just happy that a insanely beautiful girl said my name.

Take that Jack.

---

I got in from work, throwing my keys on the table and kicking my shoes as normal.

“Jack! I’m home!” I shout, feeling annoyed. Elle had told me that she didn’t need me in next week as she was going away for the week with her husband and she doesn’t think I can handle the place on it’s own.

Liar, she doesn’t trust me.

So, I felt annoyed. I wasn’t getting paid next week…

On the bright side, I got a week off.

No reply yet. Jack could easily hear me, this place is tiny. I walked into the kitchen, to find it empty and silent. He wasn’t in. But he had left a note, how thoughtful.

Darling!

Hope you had a good day sweetie pie, I missed you ;)

As if!
Anyway, gone on hot date with some complete babe!
We need food, so go shopping. Money’s on top of fridge.
Feed yourself and don’t cut your wrists with jealously.

Don’t wait up…if you get my drift…

Love you!
Jack xx

Twat. I instantly thought I couldn’t stop smiling though as I reread the letter.

I go to the fridge to see if he was lying…nope. Nada. apart from some mouldy cheese which I should throw away. I’ll let Jack do it…better yet I’ll put it in his bed.

I’m not that mean.

Or am I?

I grabbed the money, 50 dollars. Great. I grabbed my keys and left the apartment again…my day got worse.

Idly walking up and down the aisles of the local groceries, listening to the catchy tune as it played on the speakers repeatedly. I got everything we needed and some extras, like bread, milk and stuff.

I paid and glumly walked back to my car, and drove home…and it just began to rain.

Can my life get worse?
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to mention that I'm attempting to write this from a male's perspective :)
I had the idea watching a film about a boy in love with his best friends girlfriend.
Feeback :)