Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

Goodbye California

“April, stop that.” I warn, as April continued to unpack my clothes that I was packing into my huge suitcase.

April huffed, but I saw her sneakily unpack some pairs of my shoes. “April!” I say, half serious, half joking. It was cute to be honest.

“What! I just….I don’t want you to go!” she wails gently, I roll my eyes and continue to pack. Today was moving day, everything I owned was in boxes and most of it in was in the U-Haul truck downstairs. I just had to pack the last things of my clothes and then throw it in my Jeep.

Beth decided to sell her own car, for money and because it would be difficult to have two cars in New York City, as the place we were going to live only had one parking space available that could be kept. Beth let me keep my Jeep, which I was thankful for. It’s been almost three months since I spoke to Jack, but my mind had been elsewhere. I must admit, I was pretty excited.

“Mom! April’s unpacking my stuff!” I shout childishly, as April was yet again taking out some of my clothes.

“April, let your brother pack!” I hear Mom shout back, she was making some sandwiches, for Beth and I to take with us for the long jounery, she took a week off work to help me get organized and April had skipped school for a few days, I wasn’t happy with this but Mom allowed her too.

It’s been a whirlwind of emotion lately, nervousness, worry, excitement and a bit of doubt. I confessed this to Mom, she insisted it was normal. Beth was bouncing off the walls, this was her dream jobs, she always wanted to be a photographer involving fashion, and this was it. This was her big break. I had to decline the photographer companies that offered a place for me locally, and I explained that I was moving suddenly. They told me they would have words with their New York companies, and see if they could get me a place there.

“Done.” I say satisfied, as I had finally finished. I zipped the case up, with help from April sitting on it and took it downstairs. I put the case in my Jeep. Thankfully, we didn’t have that much furniture, just some dressers, vanity tables, side tables, lamps, a spare sofa that Mom said we could have, just basic things because at the apartment, their was a majority of furniture already there.

Beth appeared and I smiled at her, her hair scraped up on her head, no makeup on and she was wearing some sweats and one of my jerseys, she still looked beautiful.

“Got everything?” she asks me, I nod.

“Pretty much…you ready?” I ask, my stomach fluttering. Beth smiled widely.

“Yeah, we better get going….” Beth says, I nod and walk into the kitchen. Mom was packing food into containers for the drive.

“Mom, we’re leaving…” I say.

“Hold on, the cookies are still in the oven!” Mom says flustered.

“Mom, relax…April can have the cookies.” I say.

“YES!” I hear April says some somewhere.

Mom nodded, defeated. “Fine, but take this with you, it's just some sandwiches, some soda in case you get thirsty.…I also put some money for grocery shopping because I know things will be tight, I’ve put my number, my cell phone number, April’s number, my work number and the neighbours, in case you ever need me okay? Just call me, any time…” Mom rambled, moving around all the place.

I took her by the shoulders as she tried to fly past. “Mom, relax…everything’s going to be fine. Thank you for everything, but I promise, we’ll be fine.” I say soothingly. Mom nods sadly.

“Okay, well let’s get the stuff in the car.” Mom says, we all left the house and crammed last minute stuff in. We told the guys, who were driving the van for us we were leaving soon, so they started up the truck.

“Well…this is it.” I say, as Mom and April walked Beth and I to the Jeep. Mom looked close to tears and April was bawling, I instantly felt guilty.

“Guys…” I murmur, but it just set her off. Mom cried softly, I instantly wrapped her into a huge hug, having a surge of major love for both of my girls.

“I love you Mom, be safe okay?” I murmur softly, and kiss my Mom’s head, as she like a foot shorter than me.

“I should be tell you that…I love you Finn, be careful, don’t do anything stupid…just…call me okay?” Mom says frantically, I nod, amused almost.

She was never like this when I was moving out with Jack, in fact she almost glad to see the back of me. I reluctantly let my mother go, and then stepped to the side, as Beth said goodbye to my Mom, giving her a soft hug.

“You take care of him Beth, don’t spoil him…keep him in line.” Mom tells her firmly, wiping her eyes. Beth chuckles lightly.

“I will Cathy…” Beth promises, and Mom kisses her cheeks.

“You’re a good girl, honey.” she says, I was touched by the scene. I was glad to see they were getting on well.

April was controlling herself, Ryan standing beside her. He had just got dropped off, I must admit, I was glad he was here.

“Hey Freak, stop crying…you’ll be fine without me.” I tell her softly. April nods sadly.

“Who am I going to call whenever I’m bored?” she asks miserably.

“Me, you can still call…I’ll come visit whenever. You’ll be fine April, I promise.” I reassure her. April sighs but gives in and hugs me.

“I love you, sis.”

“Love you too, bro”

After our moment, we let each other go. Finally, it was Ryan.

“Hey dude, look after them okay? Don’t let any guy mess her around, don’t let anyone hit on her and don’t you dare break her heart okay?” I say warningly, but in a sort of nice way.

Ryan nods, we do a sort of manly hug, slaps on the back thing and I smiled at him, ruffling his hair.

“Stay cool, kid.” I chuckle, after a final round of goodbyes, April warning Beth to never let me near the laundry and Mom fussing that if I don’t call her she’ll be calling CSI. Finally, Beth and I got in the Jeep, and waved goodbye as we drove off.

“I’m sorry..” Beth says suddenly, and I look at her surprised.

“What you apologizing for?” I ask, half laughing. Beth shifted, looking concerned.

“I’ve made you move away…” Beth begins.

“Hey-” I begin, putting my arm around Beth and letting her head fall on my shoulder.
“I want to come with you, you’re my life now Beth…” I tell her, looking down at her before glancing back at the road.

“God, I love you Finn Donnell…” Beth says passionately, playing with my free hand, her lips kissing my hands softly.

“And I love you Elizabeth Carlton, now pick a station and let’s go to New York!” I announce happily. Beth giggles, but does as I said.

The Script, A Man Who Can’t Be Move, started to play, it was one of my favourite songs and I could never not sing along. Beth grinned as she watched me.

I sigh contently, watching the houses that I grew up by, the diner’s I knew so well, the bars that Jack and I got drunk at. So many memories, so much history. I had grew in California all my life, I had been born and raised here. My father use to take me to the beach, and to the park too…where I first rode my bike, fell off my skateboard and broke my leg trying to climb a tree.

There was the ice cream place that I took April too for the first time when I was 16, and I just passed my driving test. Jack came with us and paid for our ice creams.

There was garage that Jack and I worked at during our last summer before college…

There was so much here, and I was leaving it all. I was sad, but I was happy as I looked at Beth, although sad she was excited too. I was making the right decision, leaving California, leaving my town was the best thing for me. It was time for closure.

It was time to create new memories in New York.

---

1 week later…

“Finn, where the hell are you?” Beth called through the apartment, our new home which was set in the way we liked it. We had even decorated a bit, by painting our bedroom and adding curtains and stuff. I must admit, it looked good.

I was currently, hiding in the kitchen, waiting for Beth, who had just come home from work. I saw Beth’s shadow coming forward, and as she stepped in, I attacked.

“ARGHH!” Beth screams, as I hugged her from behind, chuckling evilly.

“Now, now…Elizabeth, I must drink your blood!” I say in a bad vampire voice, and start kissing her neck. Beth was laughing heartily, leaning against me and relaxing as I held her.

“You scared the living daylights out of me Finn!” Beth laughs, as I continued to kiss her neck, she smelled fantastic, I wouldn’t blame a vampire if they did want to drink her blood…

“I was bored.” I whine, turning her around and kissing her properly and she happily responded.
In the week, we’ve been to New York, we had set up the apartment, sorted a routine and I was unable to find a job anywhere, so I was the one decorating the apartment, today I had fixed the shower…see I’m a real man who can do DIY stuff.

Just don’t tell Beth that I called the plumber.

“How was your day?” Beth asks me, as she pulled away, taking off her coat, it was near the end of summer now, so the cooler weather was kicking in.

“Boring, why do you have to work?” I ask, acting like a child but hey, I was feeling childish today. I propped up onto the counter, watching as Beth busied herself in our new kitchen, pouring herself a glass of wine. It was only 6, but what the hell.

Beth poured me one and came and gave me a glass. I thanked her and smiled at her, she looked at me curiously.

“What?” she laughs, as I continued to stare at her. She had no idea how beautiful she was, her hair in soft curls, her eyes shining with happiness and her cheeks flushed.

“Nothing.” I murmur, cursing myself for being so obvious.

“A toast..” I say suddenly before Beth could take a sip of her wine.

“What we toasting to?” Beth asks, giving me a smile that made me fall in love with her, oh so long ago.

“To our new life together, creating a new home. Us.” I finish, holding my glass in front of her. Beth smiled widely, showing her pearly white teeth.

“To us.” she says softly, chinking our glasses. We take a large sip each, Beth giggles randomly and smirk, as I put my glass to the side, I reach my arms out for her and Beth sways into them, standing between my legs, I instantly wrap my legs around her, so she wouldn’t leave.

“You know something?” I say quietly, watching her, she put her glass beside mine, sliding her hands up my shirt, and holding my neck, her cool hands sending lovely feelings down my spine.

“What do I know Finn?” she purrs back. I lean down slowly, the sexual tension between us getting to it’s point of no return. I kiss those perfect lips of hers, and within seconds, she allows entrance. We keep deeply, emotions, hormones running wild.

“I’m the luckiest person alive to have you.” I gasp out, as I our breathing become irregular. Beth smiles, and kisses me again and starts running her hands under my t-shirt, taking it off with one swift movement.

“On the contrary Finn, the feeling is beyond mutual.” she says seriously, and we rejoin at our lips, I slide off the counter slowly, and bring her closer into me, my hands roaming down her body, her waist and eventually down to her ass. Beth gasps with surprise, and it turned me on…

With desperate kissing, and touching, we made our way to the bedroom, losing clothing along the way. We both drop on to the bed, without losing connection and we began to have a passionate night. It was the first time in our new home, and it sure wasn’t going to be the last.
♠ ♠ ♠
They're in New York, their new life and all..
It's not over yet, it hasn't got far to go, I have it all planned out now :)

Comments? <3