Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

And They All Lived Happily Ever After..

“DADDY! MOMMY!” my eldest son, Kai Lewis Donnell, at 3 years old came running into our kitchen, of the house we had brought shortly after we got married, three and half years ago.

I smiled widely as I saw my son run brightly up to us. Kai ran and hugged my legs and I immediately picked him up, balancing on my hip.

“What’s wrong baby?” Beth asks Kai, kissing his head.

“Tyler and Jazz won’t play with me!” he whines, I couldn’t help chuckle. I ruffle his hair and kiss his cheek.

“Kai, honey…Tyler and Jazz are only babies…they’re too young to play yet.” I say softly, talking about the 4 month old twins Tyler Joseph and Jasmine Elizabeth. Kai pouts but wriggles out of my grasp and waddles over to Beth, who was cooking dinner.

I watched from the door way, thinking how much things have changed, obviously for the better. My life was perfectly imperfect. There were ups and downs, but I wouldn’t change a thing.

Shortly after Beth and I got married, we obviously went to wonderful honeymoon consisting of sun, food and sex. When we came back, a couple of months later and Beth discovered she was pregnant, I’ll admit I was terrified but I couldn’t have been more excited. We saved up enough money and moved just out of the city, in a real house with three bedrooms. I only had a short drive to work everyday. Kai was born on the 3rd of January, does that ring any bells? Yeah, the weekend Beth and I went to London…

Kai was gorgeous and weighed 7 pounds and 8 ounces and was perfectly healthy and I fell in love the moment I saw him and I vowed nothing would harm him. Beth had moved jobs closer to home to look after him, but thankfully the photo gallery brought a decent amount of money in.

I got Beth pregnant again, this time with twins, we were beyond happy. And as it’s been mentioned, four months ago. The twins Tyler and Jasmine were born on the 17th April, four weeks early.

Tyler was born first at 7 pounds exactly, Jasmine followed eight minutes after, at 6 pounds 4 ounces. Jazzy was slightly ill, which worried Beth and I but the doctors managed to sort her out with some meds. I think Tyler could tell something was wrong, as he wouldn’t stop crying during the time Jazzy was in a separate room. It was a difficult time, but we survived. I had two sons who I knew would protect their baby sister, but that didn't stop from telling Beth that our daughter was to go to a nunnery so no boys could hurt her...

Kai loved his brother and sister, and I loved all my children dearly, I couldn’t imagine life without them. I was 28 years old, had three children and a wife who I still madly loved with all my heart.

As for April? Well, she loved being an Aunt, she was almost 20 now and it freaked me out none the less, she was so grown up and she was in college, studying Biology. Sadly, Ryan and her broke up last year. She was down about it but she always came and visit us.

My Mom? Well, she’s married.

Yeah, you heard…Gareth and her hitched, well eloped together in Barbados. I wish I could I was mad, but I wasn’t as when I picked my Mom and my step father at the airport, her face told me everything. She was happy. Sure, she’d never forget my Dad and we’ll always love him but it was time to move on. April wasn’t happy though and her and Mom didn’t talk for a while. They were okay now though.

As for Zoey and Maggie, well I don’t see Maggie much anymore, well ever really. Zoey? I can’t get rid of her, she’s always over with her two kids and fussing over the newborn twins. Zoey and that dance guy? Yeah, they got married too.

So yeah life had changed big time, but there was one person who had stayed the same…will kind of. Jack went travelling after the wedding, just like he said. He sent me postcards from Paris, London, Germany and Italy. He wasn’t seen at all for about a year. Jack returned, to sadly hear his father had passed away from a stroke. Jack was so torn that he disappeared again, somewhere in India or Thailand, I forget which, he occasionally came and visited the kids and they adored him, to them he was the cool uncle Jack.

Jack was still single, he hadn’t found the right girl yet, he’s had girlfriends that I’ve met but he’s never settled down and I partly blame myself for that. Jack was always on the move now, he says he’s not ready to make a ’nest’ as he called it, he was out living his life, having one night stands, getting drunk and waking up the next morning wondering why he had another tattoo. Jack had become a wild and even though his lifestyle had changed….

He was still sarcastic.

He was still a prick.

He was still funny.

And he was still there for me.

He was still my best friend, my brother.

Nothing would change that my friend, nothing could change that.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END. :)
It's so sad,,, but I'm actually pretty pleased with myself.
I actually finished it and I wouldn't have done it without you all.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THE REGULAR COMMENTERS, YOU'RE ALL FREAKING AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND MOTIVATION! <3 <3

I hope you liked it, and you enjoyed reading it...please let me know what you think.
I'm going to focus on other stories, after christmas.
I'm going to delete Simply Nora and Everyone Has A Reason, and I'm going to start a new story I think, if you want to know more about it, please message me and perhaps we can share ideas? :)

Thank you again, I really mean it :)
Rach - <3