Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

The Hangover.

It seemed my best friend was missing, I was considering filing a missing-person’s report for him. But then that would mean I actually cared about him. So I think staying in on another alone Friday Night watching a new season of Scrubs was in order.

I listened to the popcorn popping in the microwave, as I was sitting on the counter opposite, thinking of how I hardly seen Jack this week.

Two weeks ago, he went on a date and I’ve hardly seen him since. Maybe once or twice in the mornings, or the evenings but hardly anything due to my work schedule and his class schedule. He was constantly happy too, whistling and smiling as if the sun shined out his ass.

He even skipped Sunday Dinner with me. Okay, now I sound like a girl.

The microwave beeped, alerting me that the popcorn was done. I opened the door, emptied the contents in a bowl, took a bottle of red wine out the cupboard. It was meant to be cooking wine, but seeing as there was no alcohol left in the house. This was my last resort.

I had a terrible week, I hadn’t been doing well in classes, I messed up my mechanics test and my photography project was way over due. My work was doing my head in, my best friend had completely gone from the face of the earth and I hadn’t seen that girl since she left the shop.

This sucked. I needed to get laid. I thought to myself, as I turned the TV up and watched Scrubs happily, munching on popcorn. I opened the wine, thankfully it was a screw top which meant I didn’t have to get up and get the bottle opener. I was going to pour in a glass…then I thought it meant more washing up and I intended on drinking the whole thing…so I just took a large swig, gulping it generously.

It went straight to my head, and I made an exaggerated ‘Ah’ sound, burping with satisfaction and putting the almost half empty bottle on the side.

It tasted absolutely vile, yet it did the trick and blurred my mind. I threw another pig-style handful in my mouth and chopped loudly, not caring and happy that no on was here.

“Hey Elliot, I was wondering…” the character, JD said on the screen as he asked his girl out. I scoffed.

“She’ll let you down bro, don’t do it” I warn, and I chug another massive gulp of horrid, should be illegal wine. Twenty minutes, half a bowl of popcorn and empty bottle of wine later.

I glanced at the clock, my vision slightly off focus. I couldn’t concentrate as the pure alcohol rushed through my veins.

As I got up, and walked to the fridge…and looked in it, hoping to see some beer. Thank You Jesus, as I saw three bottles left. I quickly opened on and sipped it, returning to my soap opera.

Soon, before midnight. I was tipsy but happy. I switched the TV off, left the empty bottles on the table and bowl on the couch, with popcorn all over the floor. I shuffled to my room, pulling my shirt off as I did so, clumsily walking into my desk, stubbing my toe.

“Fuck!” I hiss angrily, as the pain throbbed. I then hobbled over to my bed, collapsing and not bothering to take my jeans off. I sigh heavily, as the pain subsides.

“Goodnight Finn” I murmur to myself, worried about my mental health. I closed my eyes, yawning sleepily. That beer was good for wanting to go to sleep…

“Stupid Jack” I mumble jealously, and my eyes closed finally, and I drifted off to a sleep not wanting to wake up to the hangover I would surely have.

---

“Dickhead. Wake up” I hear a demanding voice say, and soon my shoulder is being shaken constantly.

“Sweetie Pie! OPEN YOUR EYES!” he shouts, my head killing me. I was going to kill this person as the pain of a elephant sitting on me cursed through me.

“Go away before I kill you” I mumble sleepily, I felt like I just closed my eyes. I hear a dark chuckle and soon my lovely warm quilt was being slipped away. I desperately tried to grab it, but the evil torturer had taken it.

“NO!” I mumble louder grasping to my now slipping away pillow. Too late, gone. I grumbled, swearing various times.

“Now, Now…no need for those type of words darling…wake up. You have a visitor” says the now familiar voice of Jack. My hearing no longer distorted. I opened my eyes slowly, the burning light stung my eyes.

“Please. Go Die” I hiss, facing the opposite direction, grabbing my other pillows and covering my ears.

“That truly hurt my feelings.” Jack whimpers in a girly voice. He sounded so stupid…but it made me laugh. I chuckle slightly, knowing Jack was pulling a pouting face.

“Jack, I have a seriously painful headache. Someone better be dying” I groan irritably.

“Nah, but your sister is here. She wants to talk to you. I have to go, just wanted to make sure you weren’t dead and next time you decide to get drunk alone, just slit your wrists. Okay, well I’m going to Liz’s. I’ll be back for dinner, we need to see each other at some point. Okay, thanks. Love you, goodbye” Jack says in what couldn’t be a more sarcastic way. I mumbled in agony, as he left my door open, leaving the cold bitter draft in my room.

“Just go in honey! He’s decent!” I hear Jack shout. A minute later and a pair of feet shuffle into my room.

“What happened to you?” I hear the voice of my sister ask.

“I got stupidly drunk and now I’m suffering. How’s it going with you?” I say casually, lifting the pillow off.

“Um. Bad” April says calmly. I suddenly sit up, my mind whizzing, nausea setting in but I tried to focus my eyes.

“Hold on” I say, closing my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose and breathing deeply. I reopened my eyes, they focused and I looked to where she was standing. She was wearing jeans a black winter trench coat, with clothes under obviously. She had a beanie hat on too.

She wasn’t crying, but she looked upset. She wasn’t smiling, she was biting her lip which is what she always does when she’s upset.

“What’s wrong?” I murmur, swinging my legs over and sitting on the edge. I stand up, feeling dizzy again and shuffle over to my desk, I open the bottom drawer and get out a baggy black tank top, I slipped it over my head and pulled it over my chest. I rubbed my eyes clear, and sighed heavily, turning around and facing my sister.

“Ryan and I had a fight” she announces quietly, looking down at my clothes filled floor. Now I wanted to support her I did, but I couldn’t deny the sickening glee, as she told me this.

“Oh? What about?” I ask normally, shuffling out my room and April followed me loyally. I go into my kitchen, dirty plates left on the side. That girl, that ‘Liz’ was brainwashing him. He wasn’t even cleaning!”

I frowned slightly, but went to the fridge, getting out a bottle of milk. I opened it and poured myself a glass.

“Want one?” I ask April, she shakes her head.

“Finn, please. I need to talk to you” April says desperately. I look up, noticing her serious face. I nod, sipping my milk.

“Talk then” I say sighing heavily, I lean across the counter, while April sits opposite me in the breakfast stools.

“Ryan and I had a big fight, he was talking to these other girls and I got jealous because they were really pretty. I was so paranoid, that I accused him of flirting with them and that I might as well not be his girlfriend. Ryan said I was being stupid and that he wasn’t and I just got madder and screamed at him, Ryan shouted back, then he walked out and now I feel like I’ve ruined everything because I’m a selfish, jealous person” April rambled, her voice cracking in places.

“Aw…Freak” I say, walking round and hugging her, April clings to me and I feel my shirt dampen and she cried slightly, as tears soaked my shirt. Ah, I don’t know how to deal with this.

“April, I love having you here and stuff. I love that you come to me. But why didn’t you just tell Mom this. I’m no good at the hugging emotional crap” I murmur gently, as I hugged her.

“Mom’s at work, all my friends are busy. And I just want to hang with you instead of anyone” April says. I nod slightly and smile almost smugly.

“Okay, well…as much as I want to offer relationship advice. I have none. But…I do know how I can cheer you up and take your mind off it” I say cheerfully.
“How?” sniffles April, pulling away.

“Wait here, I’m going to get dressed…then we’re going ice-skating and we’re going to pretend that Ryan doesn’t exist for the day” I say, a bit too brightly.

April nods sadly and I rush into the bathroom and shower quickly, I find some clean clothes, which was some baggy grey sweatpants, a oversized black t-shirt, I found a grey zip-up hoodie too. I shrugged it on, zipping it half way. I found a oversized grey beanie hat too and slipped it on. Finally, I pulled my white sneakers on and went back into the kitchen. April was cooking and she had a glass of water and pills. I took them off her and downed them.

“Ah, I love you now!” I tease, taking the piece of toast she had prepared.

“I thought so” she mumbles, and nibbles her own toast.

“Ready?” I ask and she nods as we finish, we dump our plates. I grab my keys and usher her out, keeping the conversation light so not go in awkward silence.

We get in my car and drive to the icing rink, I even started to feel excited.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this Chapter :)