Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

10 ; -

Betty wouldn't go to school the next day, or the next. She just stayed in Gwen's house, in Gwen's bed and read old Kerrang and NME, and played Manic Street Preachers loudly in the stereo to make time fly by. Gwen left her, but only for a few hours every day. She went to school only to find out what they had to do for next lesson.

So many had come and visited Betty during those two days. Brendon skipped his band practices to come over and discuss articles from NME and brag about how one day, his band was going to be on the cover. Betty found it none-likely. Sammy and Everlyn had, unfortunately according to Betty, skipped classes as well, to check in how she was doing. Ahlyssa and Elliot had bought a big, big bag of licorice, just because they knew how much she loved it, and Ahlyssa had forced Elliot to download all the existing seasons of 'Oz' for Betty to watch. The last duo to come by was Jolene and Lily. They always seemed to come in pairs.

Thursday evening they all seemed to have timed a visit pretty well. Brendon was camping beside Betty on the bed, laying on his stomach and going through a NME-magazine with weary eyes. He had Gwen sitting astride on his back, leaning on his shoulder to also read the magazine with weary eyes. Sammy had taken immediate control over the situation and was now sitting inbetween Jolene's legs, leaning toward her, which Jolene had nothing against. The brown-haired girl threw Gwen glances all the time. Elliot was up on the floor, doing some weird dance, and Ahlyssa only sighed, hiding behind Lily because of the shame. Sadly, Everlyn wasn't in the room, but she had proper reasons not to be.

"Hey Betty, are you going to school tomorrow?" Ahlyssa asked, eager to find out some way to make Elliot stop dancing.

"It looks like that right now. I can't stay in this bed forever, and I'm already too far behind. Plus, I think I'm eating Gwen and her mom out of the house."

"Don't worry, you would never do that," Gwen said without looking up from the magazine. Betty rolled her eyes and snatched her shoulders.

"Ey Betty," Elliot said and suddenly stopped dancing around, "there's a new kid at school. He's your age, but in our year. We thought about bringing him into the gang or something."

"Well, new people are always fun," Betty said.

"Y'know Betty, he's reeeeally fine, if you know what I'm saying," Sammy said and winked her eye.
"Is that suppose to mean something?"

"Don't take my hint then." Sammy took Jolene's arms and twirled them around her, and Jolene still looked pretty pleased.

"You guys are weird," Brendon said, out of nothing, probably boredom. Gwen elbowed him in the side lightly and he turned the page over. Everyone seemed to be getting the same headache. Finally Sammy stood up, leaving Jolene just a little bit disappointed.

"It's late, and it takes three hours for me to go to sleep, so I'm gonna go now."

"I'll follow you home," Jolene quickly said. Gwen smirked a little but nodded. It would be kinda nice to get the people out of the house, though she wouldn't force them.

"Should we...?" Ahlyssa said and looked at Elliot, who also nodded. "Lily, you'll sleep at my place tonight?"

"Yes, I think so, this time. Sleeping at your place lets me wake up thirty minutes later than usual, so that I like," Lily said, smiling like only Lily could.

Twenty minutes later the room had been emptied. Left were only Betty, Gwen and Brendon. Gwen had rolled off of Brendon and was laying on her back beside him. Betty sat like a tailor would, searching through a Kerrang-magazine with Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins on the cover.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you; I'm the lead singer of the band now," Brendon said.

"Woah, fuck you for forgetting that. How'd'ya raise in status?" Betty said and tossed the Kerrang on him, not hard enough to hurt him, badly.

"They've obviously heard me sing a few times now, and for some reason they thought I was fit for it."

"Now you're definitely gonna have lots of screaming girls at your feet all the time, including me," Gwen said and giggled.

"And yeah, we might have contact with that guy from Fall Out Boy, y'know Pete Wen-."

"Are you fucking serious?" Betty said, her jaw literally dropped. "How the fuck did you manage that?"

"I don't know. Ryan's the one who's dealing with it. I think it was though livejournal dot com, and he might be interested in our kind of music."

"Has he heard any?"

"Ryan's gonna send a demo when we're done with it, soon enough."

"Could this result in, like, you getting signed or something?" Gwen asked.

"I haven't really thought about it. Shit, what if it happened? We haven't even played a real live-show yet. No, I don't think he's going to think we're ready for it."

"Don't be all negative when you know that it's me who are supposed to play that part. I just hope it's the real guy, for your sake," Gwen said and ruffled his hair slightly. Brendon smiled and asked if Betty could pass him his glasses that lay on the table beside her.

"I'm gonna go home now, so you guys can have some sleep." He gave Gwen a quick hug, like sideways, and then crawled up to Betty to pat her on the head. "Sleep well, bitches."

"Brendon!" Betty said, pretty shocked by the choice of word.

"Yeah yeah, just because I'm the Mormon-boy, give me the break I deserve." He got up, but before he left he bent down to Gwen and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek. Betty bit her nails, not to say something about the situation. Brendon gave them a little wave and then left the room.

"Oh, give me a fucking break," she shrieked when she heard the outer door close. Gwen ignored her fully. "You can't say there's nothing going on, girl."

"Of course I can," Gwen said and rolled over to her stomach.

"Nu-huh, you can't."

"Sammy's already on me about that. You're not gonna chance anything either."

"But admit there's something?"

"Of course there's something. It's just not meant to be that way. You'll understand in like seven years or so."