Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

11 ; -

"Sammy was fucking right for once!" Betty shrieked through the telephone, and Gwen had to hold it a few inches from her ear. Gwen thought it was kinda dull to find her bed empty after school Friday afternoon, since Betty actually had managed to get up this morning. For some reason she was at their friend Jeremy's place, probably for studying.

"Sammy's often right, y'know, you just never catch it. What was she right about now?"

"That random new guy at my school, you know the guy Elliot talked about? However, Elliot introduced me to him, and do you know what his name is?"

"Yup."

"Just let me have this moment."

"Alright, what is his name?"

"Jacoby, just as the singer in Papa Roach. Isn't that hot or what?"

"That's pretty hawt, my friend. Are you gonna go for it?"

"You know what? He was so damn fine I almost went speechless, and he gave me compliment during those ten minutes we talked."

"What was the compliment about?"

"He said I had an awesome smile, a killer-smile even. How cute isn't that on a scale?"

"Diabetes-alert honey. So it seemed you guys got along pretty well?"

"I think so too. He's so in our gang now."

"And in a matter of time, there's going to be another couple in the group." Betty couldn't help noticing the hint of sadness in Gwen's voice when she uttered those words.

"Sweetheart? Is there something you wanna talk about?"

"I don't know. It's just like, there's Elliot and Ahlyssa, Everlyn's got her boyfriend, it's a matter of time until Sammy's official with Jolene, and you might get involved with Jacoby, most likely. Everything has happened the last month, it's just a lot to melt when I realize I'm probably never gonna find someone."

"I see how it must be bugging you, but believe me, I can't really find it possible that someone haven't purposed to you yet, truly. And just because something might happen with me and Jacoby, that doesn't mean that you'll be number two for me. You'll always be my number one, and I would so sleep with you if you weren't straight as a rock."

"Aw, thanks. And I can't help knowing that Brendon's going to find someone soon as well. He's growing up so fast."

"But how would that make you feel? I mean, you're pretty close."

"It's not like I can stop him from having a relationship with some chick I don't know. I'm just gonna make sure she's reasonable. but I'll admit it; it would bring me down a little."

"Gwen."

"Okay, okay, it would bring me down so fucking hard, are you happy?"

"I could never be happy about that. Just remember that when it happens, it's you, me and a bucket of ice-cream. But you could go after him yourself."

"That's just so wrong."

"Explain to me, because as I see it, you guys are a match made in heaven."

"I don't know. It's like, I don't wanna do anything because I don't wanna ruin it all. I don't wanna lose the things we have together. Can we just drop this?"

"Alright, but just remember the ice-cream, if the day comes. I've got a fucking mountain of homework to do so I should better get started. Doesn't look like a weekend for me after all. Call me if you need something, okay? After these days, it's the least thing I can do."

"Don't mention it. You'll stay at Jeremy's all weekend?"

"Yep, he's gonna be my study-buddie, and I'm gonna torture him all weekend long."

"I don't think he'll mind that actually."

"Me neither, but I'll catch up with you later, alright?"

"Yeah, but kisses, babe."

"You can even come by if you want to, or if you're bored. Love you. Bye."

Gwen dropped the telephone on the floor and lay herself on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, feeling anything but whole.