Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

13 ; -

Summer moved closer towards them all, and they could feel it. The tension in the halls of Palo Verde was very, very noticeable. Important school projects had to be done before the deadline, or else you would be in trouble. Gwen noticed Brendon had serious difficulties with focusing, and she knew what if pretty much was based on. She did her best to make him follow in class, and wouldn’t hesitate to slap him over the head if he dozed off.

Sammy showed it as well, in her hair. She’d mixed some kind of blond, with red locks of hair, and it looked pretty awesome.

“I’ll probably just make it all red tonight.”

“What? Why? You’ve just had it for one day, and you’re tired of it already?” Gwen said, with a shocked expression.

“My mum wasn’t a big fan of it,” Sammy said and shook her head, “she’s even going to pay for the hair color, but hey, it’s free hair color.”

“Okay, but are you going to do it all by yourself?”

“No, Ahlyssa have promised to help out, and I’m gonna do some magic with her hair as well, ‘cause Jo’s got some awesome hair colors at her place. You should do something too.”

“Jo as in Jolene?”

“Yes, your black friend.”

“So, what’s up with you two?”

“If she just could get her head out of the box and ask me to be hers, it would totally be on. I’m just waiting.”

Gwen nodded and looked at the clock. Sammy would be gone in a couple of minutes, and she would probably be replaced with either Brendon or Betty, whoever came first. Betty didn’t attend to the same high school as Gwen, but she had the day off for some reason and would stop by for a while.

“Oh, holy hell. By the way, listen to this, before I have to go.” Sammy reached over her ear phones to her mp3 and pressed play when she saw that Gwen looked ready. First there was some piano intro, and drums and bass joined in and she heard Sammy’s voice sing.

Close your eyes wide open, tell a lie that no one hears
And no one really cares about the girl,
That is standing in the rain without a name,
just standing in the rain without a name.

Mrs Skeleton, she’s perfect, can’t you see?
You all want to be somebody like her.
Hasn’t eaten for a week but she looks great
So why concerned?
All she’s looking for is you.

But just give her some pills and everything will turn out fine.
Just lock her in a room where no one cares for her,
Because you don’t want to deal with it,
No you don’t want to deal with it.

Walk away, still present, paint a picture no one sees.
That is kind of useless like the boy
That is standing in the rain without a name,
Just standing in the rain without a name.

High school sweetheart, he gets every girl he sees,
He passes the testes, he wins the games, he wins the hearts,
But when the sun goes down, the moon takes place,
The voices scream out loud, they tear him down, tear him apart.
They make him someone that he’s not.
All he’s looking for is you.

But just give him some pills and everything will turn out fine.
Just lock him in a room where no one cares for him.
Because you don’t want to deal with it,
No you don’t want to deal with it.

Look away, still watching, and hope to God that no one knows,
And no one really saw the girl
that was standing in the rain without a name,
just standing in the rain without a name.

Miss Jane Doe, oh no one knows about the start,
But everyone knows the ending.
From a US suburb, she was only eight
When everything just started to go all wrong.
When everyone just started to do her wrong.

You tried to give her some pills but see, nothing turned out fine.
You tried to lock away the guilty but he walked.
You really didn’t change a thing,
But who cares about the beginning if you’ve read the end?
So you just tried to walk away.
All she needed was you love.


Gwen zoned out just for a moment after the song had ended. Sammy pulled out the earphones and looked like she was waiting for a reaction.

“That was… totally… fucking… awesome,” Gwen said, still like in trance, “I think personally that’s the best damn thing you’ve ever written.”

“Seriously?”

“Totally.”

No one really noticed how it happened, but Brendon had sat himself down a spot beside the two girls. The dude looked pretty exhausted.

“New hair color, Samantha?” he asked and pointed towards her head.

“Wow, you noticed, I really didn’t think that was possible for guys like you.”

“I can probably act more feminine than you’ve ever had.”

“Bren, listen to this,” Gwen said quickly and snatched Sammy’s mp3 from her. Sammy didn’t really complain, but happy was something she wasn’t. Brendon plugged it into his ear and listened for two minutes or so and then looked at Sammy.

“Y’know, this is actually pretty good.”

“Pretty good? Just pretty good? It isn’t excellent or awesome?”

“I’m telling you I like it a lot; don’t go all gloomy on me, dear.” She snatched back the mp3 and put it in a pocket and walked away without saying anything. “Oh my God, she really doesn’t like me at all.”

“She’s just feeling all of the sexual tensio-.” Before she could finish the sentence she had a Betty over her on the floor. “Oh, my fucking back. Thanks, thanks a lot, Bets!”

“I’m sorry; I just haven’t seen you for a whole week.”

“A week? You sleep at my house every night, how’s that not for a whole week?”

“But I mean, I’ve spent every evening with Jacoby, and I come back late, say goodnight to you, and then I’m off in the morning, that’s what I call not for a whole week.”

“How are things with that Jacoby-dude?” Brendon snuck in, with an innocent smile on his face.

“You will not have the permission to steal this boy, Brendon Boyd!”

“Are you accusing me of being gay?” Brendon said and looked utterly shocked.

“Well, no, but… I know you, baby.”

“Alright, you’ll have him all for yourself, but this is the only time.”

“Oh, you know what, I have a feeling it’s going to be a long time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
song in the top left corner.