Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

14 ; -

"Talk to me, baby." Betty literally dragged Gwen into a corner of the hall, for a little more private conversation. Another reason was that things were starting to look a little bit awkward in the corridor. Betty had surprised them all with bringing Jacoby to the school as well and Brendon had quickly taken initiative to bond a little bit. Well, they sure were bonding, Brendon sitting in Jacoby's lap, Jacoby didn't protest at all. "How are you holding up? I talked to Brendon like yesterday, and he said that he hadn't had time to really check in on you, but I have right now. Is it better or worse?"

"It's... actually a lot better. But I suppose you can't believe me since I bet Brendon told you exactly what happened this weekend, and it would be impossible for me to recover in such short notice, but something happened."

"What happened?"

"Jeremy happened."

"Oh, what have our little genius done now?"

"In some weird way he found out that I felt like shit, and texted me a part of a lyric, and you can't imagine how fucking happy he made me."

"What did the text say?"

"Mary, you shouldn't let them make you mad. You are the best you can. And Mary, after all the pain is gone, I'm always gonna live to be your man."

"Ah, Scissor Sisters, but that's so sweet, and that's so Jeremy."

"I know. He basically made me cry out of happiness, and I haven't cried because of joy since my sister gave birth. Anyhow, if I'm lucky we'll just have an evening together, to catch up on everything. It made me realize how much I miss being with him."

"Yeah, y'know, I really think they should sell Jeremy on pills, or something, he'd work great for that."

"I bet. Ah well, it was just some sort of alarm clock. Oh my God, I love him so, he's like the little brother I never had."

"Gwen, you have a little brother, remember George?"

"Oh, but, he's like the caring little brother I never had?"

"Alright, I'll buy that. But it sounds awesome to hear you're feeling better, but you should fill Brendon in on that too. He's already having a hard time with the band and demo, and at the same time he's going around and is worried about how you're doing."

"Oh fuck, I just took him for granted I have to stop doing that, seriously. I'm gonna talk to him as soon as I'm alone with him, don't worry."

"Great, but, now I'm starting to get worried for my possible boyfriend." Betty looked left and raised her eyebrow. Brendon was at the moment studying Jacoby's beard growth. The guy had a lot of it. Sadly, if there was something Brendon lacked respect for, then it was a person's personal zone. "Brendon Boyd Urie, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Are you serious about being the second one today calling me by my middle name?"

"I'm totally fucking serious."

"I'm just checking out this guy's beard. He's got a lot of facial hair." Jacoby looked kind of embarrassed by them talking about him in that, and blushed just a little, not too noticeable.

"Study his beard, you can do, but you don't have to act all gay while doing it?"

"And what if I like it?" Jacoby added out of nowhere, leaving a shocked expression on Betty's face.

"Well then, I just thought it might scare you away, but since you're accepting it, I'm just gonna go ahead ignore it."

Brendon looked pleased just because of the fact that he had won some sort of battle against Betty, which of course was no battle at all.To make it up to her he simply patted her on the head again, it had kind of started to become their 'thing'. She wasn't bitter, she just put up a show. Suddenly it struck her.

"Jesus, Urie, it's your birthday next week! And mine is this weekend, we're growing older!"

"Yeah yeah, and soon we're gonna be Grey and hairy." He quickly looked at Jacoby. "No offense."

"None taken," Jacoby said, though looking confused.

"But what are you going to do on your birthday then?" Betty asked.

"I don't know. I never made a big deal out of it. But yeah, we're gonna get an awesome visit, and it might be next Monday, which means the day before my birthday. And if things turns out the way we want them to turn out, then we're gonna party like it's 1966."

"Who's gonna come by?" Gwen asked, feeling she had to come into the conversation somehow.

"I'm not sure if I wanna tell you, because you might kill me because I've forgotten to tell you about it earlier."

"We're not gonna kill you."

"Well, do you remember what I told you guys about the band last week?"

"Yeah," both Gwen and Betty said in unison.

"Ryan getting in contact with that Fall Out Boy-dude actually payed off, and...he's coming out next week to hear us play, so we're working like mad with everything." Gwen didn't really know what to say. She'd heard some of their songs, knew their names and knew that the bassist had a record label. Betty's jaw had dropped though.

"Do you realize this could be your big break?"

"I'm still not sure if we're ready for it. I mean; I sure as hell ain't a great live-singer yet. But I have to admit that it would beyond all of my dreams to get signed."

"Then you can make a kick ass record, and get loads of hater and lovers across the country!"

"I love how you put the haters first." He smirked and squinted his eyes.

"Okay, we'll say like this, if you don't get signed, we'll just sit home and drink tea and chit chat, but if you do get signed, we'll party like it's 1966?"

"You're on!"