Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

17 ; -

Summer was knocking on their front door and the teachers were actually starting to loosen up a little bit at school, with homework and such. Sadly, all of them seemed to gang up on Brendon, just because he seemed to be failing at everything. All of his spare time he spent in the studio or the band's rehearsal space, and he was lucky if he got some sleep at night at all. It had gotten so far that Gwen had been forced to do his assignments for him at times, though she wasn't very keen about it. But on the other hand, the last thing she would want to see was him not graduating from high school; it would crush his dreams.

He hadn't shown up for school that day either, but he had actually warned her about it this time. They had to take time to record one of the songs, and it had to be done that day if they wanted to finish the record someday soon. Gwen understood the whole picture, and didn’t spend much time mourning for that. She was focused on something else.

Sammy and Jolene had spent some nice weeks together. Sure, they had had their ups and downs, but which couple hadn’t had that? They just needed a little bit of time to figure out where they had each other, but when they where in the moment there were nothing that couldn’t tell their love for each other. Jolene was Sammy’s cigarette, chocolate cake, her everything, as Sammy described it herself in a song she wrote for the anniversary of two months together.

When Gwen got off for lunch she met an excited Jolene in the corridor. She was literally jumping on her spot.

“What’s up with you?”

“I’ve got something for SamSam, and I’m dying to give it to her, but I’m gonna maintain control over myself. She knows she’s going to get something, but she has no clue what it is. I’m gonna make her sweat a little.”

“Oh, you’re the evil in disguise. Lemme’ see what you have for her then.” Jolene looked sneaky and took out a big square-shaped bag from behind a locker and pulled out a painting in black, grey and white shades. It was two pairs of legs facing each other, one pair had black converse and the others had pink ones. It looked like a girl was standing on her toes to kiss a boy. It looked so pretty. Beneath there was a text that said; ‘Let me light up the sky, light it up for you’. “She’s gonna be thrilled! Where’s the quote from?”

“It’s from a song*. I actually wanted to get something from Good Charlotte just because she loves them so much, but I couldn’t find a suitable line.”

“I think this’ll do fine. I’m gonna meet her soon to talk about next month.”

“Your small awesome trip to California, bitch?” Gwen’s jaw dropped.

“That was so not necessary!”

“But it is about your trip, right?” Gwen just nodded and turned around to see Sammy walk toward them. She kissed Gwen on the cheek first and then went over to Jolene who held the painting behind her back.

“Hey babe,” she whispered, “what was your surprise?”

“You’ll get it soon enough.” Sammy had not yet discovered the package Jolene held behind her back, which was kind of weird. Sammy pouted her mouth and gave her girlfriend she knew she couldn’t resist. She playfully kissed her lips and giggled, very, very girly. Jolene stood her ground for a few minutes, but then gave in after Sammy had whispered numerous of dirty words in her ear.

“Alright, alright, here you go.” Sammy removed the bag which protected the painting and gasped for air when she saw the surface.

“That’s so pretty! Thank you, baby,” she said and twirled Jolene into a hug. Jolene just looked happy for making Sammy happy, because that was all she needed. Gwen just stood by, observing the two, sucking in all of the romantic vibes everywhere.

“She saw the picture?” someone suddenly said beside Gwen, making her jump a little.

“Oh, Everlyn,” she said, maybe a little bit overenthusiastic, “I haven’t seen you for weeks!”

“Correction; you haven’t seen me for a week, but that was because I was sick.”

“I missed your charming British accent, love.”

“I missed your hugs.” Gwen embraced short Everlyn with her arms and held her for a few seconds. When she peeked at Sammy and Jolene, they still hadn’t stopped with the snuggling.

“And yes, she saw it.”

“Bloody awesome, now they won’t let go of each other for another week.”

“How are things going with you and Zachary?”

“Actually pretty steady, but since I’ve been as close to deadly sick you can be, I haven’t seen him for a while. But we’re going out tomorrow, and it is going to be so nice.”

“That sounds gre-.” She was cut of by Sammy.

“Gwenny, we’ve got to get serious about business!” she shrieked and pulled Gwen’s body against hers.

“I hear you, I hear you, but I’ve only got like half an hour.”

“We’ll get much done in half an hour!” They left Jolene with Everlyn and went to find a free table at the cafeteria to sit down to look things over.

“Have you talked to your mother?” Gwen started off.

“More or less, she’s not supportive because she says I haven’t got the money for it, but she’s just pessimistic. If this is something I want, then I’m gonna get it.”

“You know that we’re gonna bail out on everything the day before, right?”

“That have crossed my thought a series of times, but I just wanna ignore it. We’re gonna get out of here. You managed to get a hold on tickets to the concert?”

“What do you take me for? Of course I did, they’re in my top drawer at home.”

“I sure hope you’re telling the truth. I telling you, something has to go wrong soon.”

“It’s starting to scare me too. However, I have the car, and mom knows she won’t get it back for at least a few weeks, and I’m working on getting in the right amount of money, so it’ll last back and forth.”

“But what if we’ll stay there forever?”

“Sam, we won’t be staying there forever.”

“I know, but what if it became an option, would you bail on that?”

“I can’t say. But you know what, I’ve got to head back to class, and after school I’m gonna meet up with my bear. He had something to tell me.” Sammy was about to give her an answer, but it wouldn’t come out. She made another effort;

“Woah, that can’t be good.”

“What makes you say that?”

“I’m just saying it won’t be good.”

“Thanks, you’re definitely helping my nerves.”

“I’m just preparing you for the worst. But go back to class, so I can go and kiss my little Jo.”
♠ ♠ ♠
* just ignore the fact that the song light up the sky by yellowcard doesn't excist yet.

and song two months in the top left corner.