Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

19 ; -

It was the day of Jeremy’s return. He’d been away for only a week, for a trip to a monastery in France, but it had driven Betty nuts every day. Every time there had been a discussion in her class, everyone had seemed to gang up on her, and she was seriously thinking about going through half of a Columbine, on half of her class. Luckily for her, school without Jeremy only lasted for three days and the rest of the week she could spent at her grandmother’s place, away from her classmates.

Gwen had no lessons that day, since some of the teachers were at a course, another gave them the lesson off, and she convinced her teacher in photography that she was going to do some homework. She had driven to Betty’s school and now joined her friend in the cafeteria to wait for Jeremy to walk through those doors.

“You think he’ll be upset if we ask him about those German twins?”

“Hell yeah, but that doesn’t matter. I’m gonna give him shit for leaving me alone with them.” She was of course talking about her classmates. Gwen laughed and took a sip of her milkshake, looking around in the room. It was lunchtime, which meant that you were lucky if you managed to find yourself a table. The minutes approached the hour of twelve and Betty seemed to loosen up each of those minutes.

They both had their eyes on the entrance, gazing for the well-known bangs that would soon be visible.

“Y’know what, I bet he’s standing out there, knowing how tough it is for us, just by waiting,” Gwen said and laughed, seeing a picture of a very giggly and playful Jeremy in front of her.

“It has crossed my mind a few times, but no, he won’t.”

Just when Betty said that, a guy sat down beside Gwen, but none of them had any time to react about who it was, until Betty shrieked and jumped up off her chair in joy.

“Jeremy! You little fucking bastard.” She ran around the table to literally jump onto a very surprised Jeremy. He looked the same as he had done before he left, just a little more foreign, with a little bit of a tan, though they had heard about the bad weather in France.

“Woah, I didn’t think I would get this kind of welcoming. It’s only been a week,” he said, laughing at Betty’s reaction.

“Dude, it’s been one week of hell, you have no idea.”

“She’s got a point, hi darling,” Gwen said and gave Jeremy a hug from the side. “How was France?”

“It was toight, man, you have no idea.”

“I disagree, I know, because I’ve been there,” Betty filled in from her place opposite them. “Like last year?”

“Yes, except shitty weather. Did I miss something while I was gone?”

“Just a little free porn, live in our classroom a few times, and yeah, Brendon got himself a gf.”

“A gf? That just sounds like something retarded.”

“A gf, Jeremy, short for girlfriend.” Jeremy actually looked kind of surprised by Betty’s statement and got Gwen’s attention.

“I’m sorry.”

“Hey, what’s up with you thinking that it’s the end of the world for me?” Gwen said and stared at him.

“I don’t know, maybe I thought there was something going on between you too.”

“Like everyone else thought. Jesus, did we really look like that?” Betty cleared her throat and scratched her head, ready to give her comment.

“If I know you two right, sweetheart, you will look like lovers for the rest of your lives.”

"Tell me the truth," Jeremy said and took Gwen's hand in his, "are you okay with it?"

"I don't really know. I mean, I'm happy about the fact that he's happy, and that things are going great for them right now, but at the same time it feels like I lost a small part of me in the process, You know?"

Jeremy didn't say anythinf in response, but pulled her head to his chest, like a mother would do to her child, and patted her head comfortably. Gwen rolled her eyes and decided that there had been enough talk about that.

“So, Jerry-boy, you had some interesting meeting with, say, German girls? Twins maybe, perhaps?”

“Shut up.”

“Oh, come on, give us some information now, did you meet them at least?”

“If you have to know, no, they weren’t there this year, so your mama.” Betty looked pissed at his response but Gwen just laughed. She’d missed his cheekiness, and knew that Betty could say exactly the same.