Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

20 ; -

"I'm just so scared," Gwen said and stared out through the window, while the rain was pouring down heavily from the sky. She had her favourite place in the whole house, where only she would sit, and sometimes she had a cat in her lap as company, but her cat was too moody this evening to stay with her. Betty was sitting in a comfy chair beside the window, resting her legs on the steady windowsill on which Gwen sat comfortably on a few pillows.

"Ne boisya*," Betty calmy said in response and turned the page of the bok she was reading.

"Russian shit," Gwen muttered and tilted her head toward the cold surface of the window.

"The Russian language is not shit in any way, it is very beautiful, and I am very positive that I will be thankful in the future that I learned it during high school. I know that Jeremy would concur."

"That's just because he's learning it to get Lena Katina** in bed." Betty spat out half of the coca cola she was just on her way of swallowing, and held her hand in front of her mouth not to laugh.

"God, what happened to the innocent you, girl?"

"But you can't deny that it's not true, come on," Gwen said. Betty raised her coke in the air to concur.

"Now, to get back to what we were talking about, what are you scared about?"

"Everything. We leave high school in just a few days, and what, are we supposed to do something with our lives after that? I haven't got a clue what I wanna become when I grow up."

"Honey, you're basically grown up right now, and it's not a demand that you have to decide what you want to do the ret of your life at this moment. Just take everything as it comes." Gwen smiled at her friend's words. Everything that came out of Betty's mouth always sounded so mature to her. Gwen leaned forward, literally hugging her her own knees.

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?" Betty gazed up on the ceiling to ponder about Gwen's question.

"Probably some kind of shrink, I think that would suit me."

"A shrink for broken marrigaes or serial-killers?"

"Serial-killers."

"I imagined."

"By the way, we really need to talk about that other night?"

"I'm not followin-."

"Oh, come one. The night you called me, screamed in the telephone that I had to turn on the TV rightaway."

"It was Manics!"

"I know that, you screamed it in my ear, and I crawled through the whole room to get to the remote control, though I was too slow, but we have to talk about what you interrupted," Betty said and raised her eyebrow, while Gwen's face turned to quite shocked. Betty nodded calmly. "Let's just say that Jacoby was kind of pissed at me for ditching him like that."

"But you weren't in the middle of it?"

"No, not really, but pertty damn close."

"Oh my, but was it worth it?"

"We're talking about Manics, of course it was worth i-." The door bell broke her off in the sentence. She crossed her arms over her chest and nodded her head toward the door for Gwen to open it. The rain was still poring outside. Gwen sighed and wished that she didn't have to open the door, but none other than herself was home. She grabbed a big scarf and twirled it around her shoulders She went over to open the door and was surprised to find a wet Brendon standing out there in the rain. Their house didn't have a small roof above their front door, sadly.

"God, Brendon, get in here," she said, almost ready to pull him inside the house, though he wouldn't move.from his spot.

"Just grab an umbrella and come outside," he said, sounding really mysterious. She raised her eyebrow, but did what he said, waving quickly to Betty, who looked even more like a question-mark. When she got herself under the umbrella she couldn't understand why he wouldn't stand there under with her.

"You wanna get a cold before you go to Maryland to record the rest of the album?"

"Nah, I just like it this way," he said and snatched his shoulders. Gwen wasn't stupid, she could see that he was thinking about something he didn't really want to tell her, but he would have to in the end. He was seriously shaking and shivering from the cold.

"Either you tell me something I don't know, or you come inside with me and join me and Betty's conversation about growing up."

"Maybe it's not such a big surprise that I wanted to spend one of the last nights with my best friend."

"It has to be more than that, come on, Urie." His eyes were shifting as if he wasn't sure what to do next. Carefully he leaned forward, and as if the time went in slow motion, his lips touched hers. It was just one of those innocent kisses, but meant everything in the world. He left his forehead leaning against hers for a while, just to think. When he had tilted his head back again, and opened his eyes, he realized she was still closing hers. After a few seconds she looked at him, and bit her own lip, not sure what to say.

"I know what you're thinking, Gee."

"You do? Awesome."

"It wouldn't work, right?"

"You really did. Were you thinking the same?" He nodded. She giggled at his soaking hair, because now he really did look like a lost puppet with his big dark brown eyes. If he was thinking the same way she was, they knew where they had each other, and they both were happy about that. She took his hand, kissed it and put it toward her cheek.

"That's the best you can do? I kissed you for f**k's sake."

"I know, and it was very brave of you, my little Brenny-bear." He laughed at the dorky nickname she gave him and embraced her in a cold hug. Yes, he was as soaking wet as his hair, but no, it didn't matter a bit. "You know how to take this; I love you."

"My God, I've never been more thankful for getting to know you during Junior year than now. I love you too. That's something I should be able to tell you, right?" She nodded and patted his back.

"The thing is now that if we walk inside, we will find Betty with a big bowl of popcorn in her lap and a coke in her hand, and she might have cried a little." She took his hand gently and opened the door to step inside the warm and welcoming house. Both she and Brendon turned toward Betty, still holding hands, Brendon's feet shyly pointing toward each other. Bettty was gasping for air, holding her hands in front of her.

"That was... so beatiful. I would've stopped time to make a painting out of that moment."
♠ ♠ ♠
* don't fear.
** one of them t.a.t.u-chicks.