Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

21 ; -

It was a weird sight, to be honest. George had left his room only two times that evening and each time he had been faced with an overenthusiastic Sammy, and there was no way in hell he could slip past her, even though his slim body. Sure, Gwen was happy about getting out of school for maybe the rest of her life, but didn't show it near the same way Sammy did. Gwen kept telling her friend that it was days since school ended, but the bouncy girl wouldn't give it a rest.

"I'm free, we're free, and we can do whatever we want!" Sammy said, holding a firm grip around George's arm.

“You said that last time I went out to get soda!" George shrieked, starting to really freak out, telling himself that it wasn't right to hit girls. "Gwen, did you give your friend something when she came here?"

Gwen, who lay on the sofa, unwilling to do anything else than reading the new Kerrang, sat up half-ways and gazed toward the weird sight.

"Maybe your soda, but otherwise she's been like this since last Friday."

"But Junior year isn't such a big deal to finish, right?"

"Looks like that to her."

"Don't you get it? No more homework," Sammy cried, slipping more and more down on the floor, almost bringing George down with her. He finally managed to get his arm out of her grip. Sammy had always almost been too shy even to touch George the slightest, so it was understandable that everything came as a shock for him.

“I can’t stay here anymore,” he said hysterically, afraid that Sammy might jump onto him again. Quickly he slipped into his room and closed the door behind him. Gwen could’ve sworn that she heard the door click, so no one would be able to get in to him if he didn’t want them to be there. Sammy looked disappointed and sat down beside Gwen on the sofa, arms crossed over her chest.

“Well, he was cranky,” she muttered, feeling that her mood was slowly drifting away from her. Gwen sat up half-ways again and stared at her.

“I think he’s met someone…”

“That’s nice.”

“It’s my brother we’re talking about. The only romantic relationship he’s ever been involved in has been with his computer, and if he, by luck, has had his eyes on a girl, he’s always turned up disappointed in the end.”

“But what makes you think that he’s met someone?”

“It was just a couple of days ago; I came home with no bad intentions at all, and saw his cell phone lying on the table. I checked it, and it was completely with innocent intentions, and I was really surprised that he had a blonde girl on his background.” Sammy’s eyes grew bigger and bigger while Gwen was telling the story. At one point, Gwen almost thought that she was on her way of crying.

“You think he has a girlfriend?”

“I asked him about her, and he just muttered something that was inaudible.”

“But he didn’t give you a name?”

“Oh yeah, he did, or I had to drag it out of him.”

“So what was it?”

“Juliet.”

“Oh my God, it’s like Romeo and Juliet, other than the fact that George isn’t named Romeo, and I hope your families doesn’t hate each other. And I hope they won’t commit suicide in the end.” Gwen laughed out loud when Sammy did her best to illustrate her vision of George and Juliet’s relationship with her hands other than with words.

“But how come all the emotional feelings before?”

“Y’know how I am this week, and George is just a small boy, and he’s becoming a man. You haven’t been hyper about this yet?”

“You have no idea; I bounced like hell that whole evening and was almost on my way of killing him because that he wouldn’t show me more pictures of her.”

Sammy suddenly grasped Gwen’s wrist and looked her deep into the eyes, thinking about her forthcoming sentence.

“We take off in two days,” she said, pressing her lips together in a stressful look. Gwen just smiled with all of her face.

“I know, and it’s awesome! Just relax, we’ve everything set, we’ve packed it all and already put it in the car. They only thing left is the food, and we’ll get all we need of that in the morning.” Sammy looked a little bit relaxed after Gwen’s reassuring words.

“By the way, when does Brendon leave?”

“You mean for Maryland? Tomorrow afternoon. He’s gonna stop by a couple of minutes, just to say good bye. I hope we won’t be at the mall then.”

“You haven’t talked any more about that evening?”

“When we kissed? No, but I’m pretty sure that we both know how things are between us.”

“God, why wasn’t I there to see it. I could’ve taken a picture or something.”

“Betty took a picture, but it was of Brendon here in the house. There wasn’t a dry spot on him, and it made him look pretty pathetic.” Sammy crossed her arms again.

“Whatever. We’re gonna find you a good lad out on our adventures, I assure you that.”

“Whatever.”

In a matter of days, they would set out on the road trip of their lives.