Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

23 ; -

“… and he has to, like, clean all the fucking time. Did you know that he owns three vacuum cleaners? Well, he does anyway. He’s just really pedantic and shit.”

“Gwen, can you drop a person in the middle of no where, just like that? Or is it possible for us to go back and maybe leave her. I’m having second thoughts.”

“No, Sammy, we can’t leave her, and if we go back we’ll never be in time for the concert. I’m thinking about the trunk, but it’s probably too full of stuff.”

“Alright, I’ll shut up then!” Betty shrieked and crossed her arms over her chest in pure protest.

“Bets, baby, it’s not that we don’t love you, it’s only the fact that you’ve been going on about things that we’ve heard a thousand of times before, and you just don’t seem to realize it.”

“I have a bad memory, okay?”

“Can’t you just… bring your talkative side out when it’s time for us to sleep like we said?” Sammy said after turning around in the passenger seat, which looked pretty uncomfortable.

“You wish. It just comes out, alright?” Betty said, still looking grumpy.

“How does Jacoby feel about you leaving just like that?” Gwen said, hopefully aiming for switching topic.

“He doesn’t have much to say about it. I’ll be back before he knows about it. He’s got his darn XBOX to play with, so I don’t see why he would bother.”

“I failed dramatically. I thought you were going to tell us how much he would miss you, and how you loved him like mad and all that romantic stuff, we would both just go like ‘aaaaaaaw’.”

“I’m sorry; there are some things that I still have to figure out about him and us. But really, don’t worry; I’m working on it, very much. I just need a break just as much as you guys.”

Gwen saw a sign and grinned with all of her face when she realized where they were just at that moment. She had some relatives along the way, and these were one pair of them; her cousins on her father’s side. They’d promised the girls a spot in their house, even though they were going abroad. They didn’t even sound worried for getting everything smashed into pieces.

“’Aight ladies, we’ve come to our first stop for the trip, if you haven’t noticed already.”

“Is this where your super cool cousin in our age lives?” Betty asked, gazing out of the window, looking at the house they’d stopped by.

“Jake? You bet, I hope he’s home.” Gwen went out of the car.

“Didn’t you say that they were going abroad?” Sammy asked, following Gwen toward the door.

“Yeah, I did, but that doesn’t mean that Jake will go with his parents.” Sammy thought about it for a second and then nodded her head in acceptance of the theory. Gwen rang on the door bell. If no one would open she always knew where they had their key hidden. After a few minutes of waiting, they heard a click on the other end, and a short, muscular guy with very long hair opened the door. He stared at them for a second and then smiled.

“Uhm, hi,” he said, sounding pretty careful and mysterious, “sorry it took so long.”

“Jake!” Gwen said and threw her arms around her much shorter cousin. He was a little surprised by the sudden hug, but patted her back shortly after he had gotten used to it.

“Hi Gwen, nice to see you too.”

“Are you the rock star?” Sammy asked shyly, peeking out from behind Betty’s back, who was fumbling with her fingers, not knowing really what to do with them. He raised his eyebrow and smiled a little at her question.

“I suppose I am.”

Sammy giggled, very, very girly, when he answered her question. Sure, he was still in high school, but dedicated most of his spare time to his band, and if you’d ever heard them play live, you knew that they would make it big someday.

“Come inside, don’t stand out there. I’m sorry, but I don’t think I’ve got any food for you in the house.”

“It’s alright, we made a stop a while back ago,” Gwen said and dropped her car keys on the kitchen table. She saw his jacket hanging on a chair beside it, like someone just had dropped it in a rush. “Were you heading out?”

“Actually… I was. Just didn’t want y’all to feel like intruders or something. But-,”

“Where were you going?” Sammy cut him off with, afterwards asking her why the hell she’d done that.

“Well, as I just was about to say, it’s a place down town, but you could come with me, if you want to of course.”

Gwen glanced over her shoulder, to get the look of both Sammy and Betty. Sammy looked eager, still like a little girl, and Betty just smiled. It looked like an easy decision. Gwen winked at her cousin and he got the message pretty quick.

“Alright, we say so, let’s go, I’m already too late to blame it on the fact that I’m better than everyone else.”

“Jake, you are better than everyone else,” Gwen said and grinned.

“I know, I know,” he said, raising his eyebrow while pretending to act all arrogant. He smiled and laughed it off, while opening the door to the car for Sammy to get in the backseat, and Betty came after her. “And Gwen, you wanna have the pleasure of driving us home?”

“It would be an honor. But if we hadn’t been here, how would you’ve gotten home then?”

“I don’t know, solved it in proper rock star spirit I suppose.”

The location was a few miles away, and did seem like a cool place. The second Sammy sat a foot inside her eyes lit up in pure joy or what she saw.

“Oh my God,” she said, leaving her mouth open for a few seconds, “they’ve got a strip pole, right there.”

“Are you going to do what I’m thinking of?” Betty asked, raising her eyebrow.

“You bet, I’m gonna get drunk, and then I’m gonna give the guys in here a show to remember.”