Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

25 ; -

Gwen spent some time chit-chatting with Brendon over the phone, though for her it only seemed like a minute or two, like it always would. When they both came to the conclusion that it was time to hang up, (it was mostly his decision, but who was she to say no) Gwen suddenly found herself not knowing what to do, standing there with arms hanging on her sides, phone in one of her hands. Would she go back inside to look what the others were doing? Maybe she could go back to the house earlier. It hit her that it wasn't an option, since she had the task to get everyone home safe and sound that in a few hours.

She found herself leaning toward the wall again, dragging the cold air into her lungs as the night started to creep in even more. In these situations, she liked to observe people, though there weren't many to observe outside of that bar at that hour. The only one she could spot nearby was a guy wearing a hat standing a few meters away. There was something special about him, she knew it, as she watched him put a cigarette to his lips and take a small drag. In some way he reminded her of Jake; the petite figure, the long hair and his way of holding his hand in his pocket. In her opinion, he had an awesome sense of style, even though it looked a bit worn out. Johnny Depp came to her mind immediately, it was all there, it was Johnny Deep while he was making Secret Window, only longer hair.

She began to wonder about his age. He look older than her, definitely, but not near 30. His hands told her that he'd been through a lot though his years, and it wouldn't surprise her if they were bad. Now she was only curious about his face, it was impossible to see from her angle. Her God must've heard her prayer, because he turned around to drop the end of the cigarette on the ground, and step on it. When she got to lay an eye on his appearance she was blown away. He was absolutely gorgeous, with clear ice-blue eyes and beautiful features, a little stubble and a little mustache. What she also noticed was the long necklace, with small wooden details, hanging around his neck, which definitely showed some sort of love for accessories.

Everyone knew that it wasn't right to stare at someone that you didn't knew, but Gwen really couldn't help herself. She noticed that he laughed a little, but couldn't figure out that it had something to do with her.

"Don't waste your time looking at me, love, I bet you've got better things to do."

Her cheeks turned slightly red when she realized what she'd been doing, and she looked away quickly. He really shouldn't waste his time talking to me, she thought. His voice was kind of dark, and there was some sort of dialect there, though she liked the sound of it.

"You're not from around here, are you?" he said, walking a little bit closer. She tried to stay put, and act calm, almost a little cool.

"No, I'm from Vegas." She could see that his eyes lit up by the word of her home, and she smiled a little.

"Woah, Vegas? That sounds awesome. You know all of the blackjack-tricks?"

"Every one of them. It gets easier when you get to practice at school. I guess they want to facilitate it for the natives."

"They actually teach you that at school? Vegas really is crazy."

"Of course they don't, jerk. I've never set foot in a casino before, and I can't until I'm 21, or maybe 18, but that's something else."

"So I take it that you're 16, 17 or something?"

"17, but I turn 18 in a few months. How old are you? I've tried to figure it out time and time again."

"Don't say you stood there, trying to analyze me?" She didn't say anything to answer that, but he laughed it off. "Nah, don't worry, I'm actually turning 21 next month, so maybe I'll make a trip to Vegas myself, just to see what it's like."

"Stop by or something."

"I will, I definitely will, it I get to know you a little bit better tonight, that is." She felt her heart skip just a little, by those words, and when he put up his arm to lean on, right beside her. The only thing that felt awkward about the situation was his length. He was shorter than her, but probably not as short as it felt like.

"So, what do you do on your spare time?"

"I'm in a band. We're kickass."

"Oh, we're not shy here. I bet you are."

"I've got to make a great impression now that I've got the chance, don't I? So that you might wanna talk to me again, right?"

"I guess you've got a point, but I would still wonder why you would wanna talk to me."

"Why the hell not. You didn't seem like a psychopath, just a little... staring."

"Sorry about that."

"It's alright, doll, tell me what you do yourself."

"I'm desperately trying to call myself a singer, but I think I'm failing."

"I'm sure you aren't. You've got anything to listen to?" His question came as a surprise, and she reluctantly took her iPod out of her pocket and found a song that someone had recorded from a concert earlier during the year. It was only her and an acoustic guitar, but it had been a magical moment, one of her best. He happily reached for the earphones and plugged them in. For a minute he listened, totally frozen, and she couldn't really tell what he thought. He finally opened his friggin' mouth to say something.

"I think I'm in love?"

"I see why you would be that, Lucas is really awesome at guitar, y'know."

"But seriously, fucking darn it, I'm impressed, you've got an amazing voice." She couldn't help but to blush and giggle at his compliments. It wasn't everyday a guy that she found attractive told her things like that to her face. "Could I get you something?"

"You mean as in a drink?"

"A drink, coke, peanuts, whatever you'd like."

"Drinks aren't for me, and I'm driving tonight, but I'm fine, really." He snatched his shoulders, took out a lighter from one of the pockets of his coat and started to play with it a little discreetly. "Just 'cause of curiosity, you smoke ten packets a day?"

"As a matter of fact, I'm really just a sponger. If I get a hold on a cigarette I tend to smoke it. That one was from the bassist of the band."

"Check."

"But now, darling, why don't we step inside? It's getting colder every minute, and I really don't wanna get more sick than I already am. I'll introduce you to my friends, and you'll let me say hi to yours?"

"I suppose you already know my cousin, Jake"

"The long-haired guy that plays in that band? Not personally, but I'd love to exchange a few words."

"You still wanna get to know me a little bit better?"

"Always, hun, always."

As Gwen took the step back into the bar again she looked back at him, suddenly realizing a very important thing to know.

"I don't even know your name."

"And I don't know yours, so that would make us even."

"What's your name?"

"Johnny." She laughed a little to herself, thinking back to what she had thought about him at the first sight. "Your turn."

"It's Gwen, nice to meet you." He raised his hand as if he concurred. The first thing that caught Gwen's attention when they entered the open room was the girl still clinging onto the pole, giving every guy in the room something to look at. "Get down from there, young lady!"

"What the fuck!?" Sammy shrieked, losing the focus of what she was doing. "Give me a break, Gee! Maybe I wanna do this!"

Gwen froze, and realized what a nag she was. It took a few seconds for Sammy to get down on the floor to them, and Gwen couldn't escape the killing look she was getting.

"I'm sorry, I'm just gonna introduce you to Johnny here really quick and then you can get back to whatever you wanna do, so Johnny, this is Samantha, call her Sammy, and Sammy, this is Johnny, just call him Johnny," she said rapidly, trying her best not to make eye-contact. Johnny smiled charmingly, offered his hand to Sammy, and she kindly shook it.

"Nice to meet you," he said.

"Likewise, but now I'm gonna get back to what I was doing, which was rocking the pole. So long, suckers." She was off to the spotlight again. Johnny put a comforting hand on Gwen's shoulder as he got the message that she felt ashamed.

"Never mind," she mumbled. "Come, I'm gonna let you meet Belochka."

"That's a really weird name," he replied, being dragged across the room by her.

"She's really weird herself, though her name is not really Belochka, and I do think she should be very lost in the vodka by now."