Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

3 ; -

The hours passed so slowly, too slow. Gwen could barely keep her eyes open. It was Thursday, which meant hell, and this had been hell of a week. Not even Brendon had had the strength and luck of keeping her spirit up with all his failed jokes and pats on the back. She was failing at life as it seemed. She had to bare one more day, and after that she was free for two whole days. No responsibility. No pressure. Just her and a bag of cheese doodles and maybe a Disney-movie. With no people around her in the corridor of the school, she tilted her head toward the wall behind her. She'd left her class for a couple of minutes, claiming she had to use the toilet and that it was an emergency. Of course it wasn't, even Brendon, who sat beside her, knew that. There were only fifteen minutes or so left of the lesson anyway.

She must have forgot that she sat there, because fifteen minutes later the bell rang and people came out from a classroom down the corridor. Panicking a bit, she went against the flow of her classmates and finally met up with Brendon who unfortunately stood beside their teacher, Mrs Philips.

"Hey, I though you were coming back a little sooner," he said and handed her her books which he'd been carrying for her.

"I thought so too, but time kind of got a hold of me."

"Well, as I said to the others; page 96 until next Tuesday, and then I will give you all a test so I know how far you've come with everything," Mrs Philips said and supported her own weight on the pointer. You could barely guess the age of the woman, she wasn't that old, but pretty strict.

"Got it, have a nice weekend, Mrs Philips," Gwen said and grabbed Brendon's arm to drag him along down the corridor.

"Why didn't you come back?"

"Like I said, I forgot time."

"Are you alright?"

"I hate this fucking week, are you happy?"

"Not really, but chill down, we've only got one lesson left this day and then you're free as the wind."

"For like a couple of hours, and then we're back in this hell-hole again."

"It's only hard because you're making it sound like tha--,"

"And I suppose you find everything like a fucking game that you can win no matter what."

"Alright," he said firmly, suddenly using a rather Irish-influenced accent, "listen here, young lady. I have no clue what got a hold of you, well, probably time, whatever, but you're not acting like Gwen, so tell me, what did you do to her?"

"I haven't do--."

"Nu-huh, don't give me that. I know she's hiding somewhere in there, and you won't let her out until it's safe. I'm trying to tell you this, it's safe now!"

"Is this some kind of Mormon ritual or something?"

"It's not as creepy as you think it is. I don't know if I can handle you right no--, ah, awesome, I can let someone else have you for a couple of minutes," he said and turned Gwen around. Sammy came rushing toward her with Everlyn tripping along behind her.

"Gwen, sweetness, you have to come with me right now!"

"Just take her! She's poisoning me with her negative tension," Brendon said dramatically.

"Tell me sometime she isn't negative. You'll get her back in like ten." Brendon nodded and let the girls walk back the way they'd come, but now with Gwen dragged along.

"Where are we going?"

"My favorite part of this school; the music-room. I'm wanna show you something."

"It's actually bloody brilliant," Everlyn put in with her British accent.

"You can say 'awesome', Squirly."

"Well, then it's bloody awesome."

After turning round a number of corners they approached a door that would probably be locked, it looked like it was locked. Sammy's face was a little tricky, you could tell she had something up her sleeve. When Gwen put out her hand to push down the handle, it truly was locked.

"Now what?" Sammy grinned.

"You know me, I can manage anything." Out from her actual sleeve, she pulled a key, that everyone knew where it went. She slipped it into the lock, turned and opened the door.

"You're amazing," Gwen said and sighed.

"You bet I am. Now, come here with me, and sit down beside me by the piano."

And Gwen did so. When she'd given Sammy an OK to go, the girl put her fingers on the piano keys and started to play.

"Listen here to a story 'bout a girl,
she is 'bout one point six,
with brown hair, and brown eyes,
and she wears way too much make-up.
Kinda short, kinda small, kinda everything,
kind about everything I'm not.

Kinda caught me by surprise,
kinda already judged her,
and I admit that I was wrong.
because...

When she walks the wind will blow,
and her smile can melt a heart.
She can't find her heart gone lost,
because she always cares too much.
And every second that will pass,
still she can't find her heart gone lost."


Gwen looked over at Everlyn, who sat by herself and smiled, mumbling along with the words Sammy sang. Gwen realized pretty early that the song was about their friend from Britain.

"She met this boy who was a hell a lot of taller,
and his voice could stop the world."


Gwen now realized that she sang about a guy she used to go to class with, and had a fucking killer voice.

"She kinda gave it her best,
she kinda tried everyday to
make him laugh,
to make him smile,
to make him feel incredible.
Still they never really talked,
just polite, polite, polite.
He couldn't see that..."


And so Sammy was back to the obvious chorus again. Gwen could do nothing else but smile of joy.

"Now this party kinda threw her world around.
She met this movie star at this Hollywood restaurant.
Cross her heart and blind her eyes
and let her see through different lights,
so she can see that..."


Sammy had another reference to their in real lives; the guy Eve had met a few weeks ago at an actual party, not a particularly Hollywood restaurant, but it was a really great metaphor. After that came another chorus, and then another one, but with other words.

"Let the lights shine through the dark,
and let the sun dry out the rain.
Give her a smile, oh, when she cries,
'cause I think that she deserves
someone who'll help her when she falls,
and can hold her through the storm.
Someone who'll see that..."


A chorus, but an increase, and then another increase. Sammy truly was unstoppable with her voice, and Gwen loved that about her. When she'd gave the song a worthy ending she turned to look at Gwen.

"Sooooooo, what'd'ya think?"

"If I'd been gay for real, I thrown myself at you right about now."
♠ ♠ ♠
if you're curious about what 'Heart Gone Lost' sounds like, the link is up in the left corner. she who sings it is actually the person who inspired the character Sammy.