Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

4 ; -

All by herself, singing out loud wasn’t that big of a deal. After looking right, then left, then over her shoulder, she established that she was all alone on the sidewalk this hour of the day. It was chilling, pretty cold, and stars were twinkling in the sky, looking down upon her, and so she wasn’t really alone. There were no worries she would get caught sounding like a fool, because everyone knows that when you sing to the music in your headphones, it doesn’t sound the same as it does in your own head, it sounds fucking awful.

“… and my senses are coming unglued…”

She felt her hands literally flow with the music as she walked. All alone she felt free, like no one could touch her.

“… does questions my metal health. It makes me loose control…”

Somewhere a few feet away she heard noises and for a moment brought up her guard. Even though walking alone was nice, getting raped wasn’t, of what she’d heard anyway.

“… and I end up talking to myself…”

Her focus wasn’t entirely on the music by now. She was trying to figure out where she was heading next. She’d gotten directions before to the spot. She was mainly focusing whether she was going to go left or right at the fork.

“… and spew my guts out to the open air…”

“Screw this,” she hissed and unlocked her cell phone. After sending a text message she went back to listen to the lyrics of the music, now a new song than the one before.

“… I wonder if he knows I think he’s crazy…”

Her phone clicked and she read what it said; “take the left then you can follow the music?” She sighed. It was so an ‘Sammy-answer’. She followed the directions and soon heard what she was listening for. Heavy beats came from far ahead, and soon she could hear loud talking, laughing and screaming. Taking a deep breath she dived into the fog.

“Gwenny-girl! I was wondering when you’d show up!” Sammy shrieked when she discovered Gwen among the gathering of people.

“I sent you a text message like fifteen minutes ago; you could guess when I would show up.”

“Not really, you see, I found tasty things during that time, so I kind of forgot where you were. But I’m excited that you’re here now. Squirly is here too, she’s over there!”

“Hi Gwen, Samantha told me you were coming any minu-,”

“Don’t call me Samantha. Only my parents do that. Are you my mother? Are you? Because that would be really creepy.”

“Alright… Sammy! Anyhow, why are you so late, Gwen?”

“Oh, I had to have dinner with dad and Fatima, and my sister was there as well. They’re here for a few days; she, Carlos, and little Adrián too.”

“Well, where do they live otherwise?”

“New York. I’m going to visit them maybe next summer, or the one after that, and Sammy’s gonna follow, right gorgeous?”

“And fucking right you ar--, DANIELLE!”

Danielle was in the same year as Gwen, and though they’d been around each other for three years now they’d only known each other for about one year. One word that could describe her was; perfect. She wasn’t that tall, but she had a killer-body, and long, flowing brown hair. Sammy seemed to have interrupted a conversation between Danielle and her boyfriend, but she had no problems with taking small leaps to them.

“Hi sugar!” she shrieked when she saw Gwen and threw her arms around her.

“Don’t give me diabetes now, will’ya?” she said and laughed it off.

“Dani, Dani, I just have to tell you something!” Sammy said and grabbed Danielle’s hand firmly.

“What?”

“You’re seriously my goddamn idol. I mean, you dress like a goddess, you have the hair of a goddess, you do your make up like a goddess, and you have a fucking personality of a goddess. Are you sure you’re not a goddess?”

Watching Danielle’s reaction was a thrill itself. She wasn’t sure what to say at first, she was just holding tight to Sammy’s hand and staring her in the eyes. Her mouth formed a smile, an extremely excited smile. She started showering Sammy with kisses on the mouth.

“Thank you, sweetheart, you have no idea how much that healed!” Sammy giggled a bit as respond and sighed when Danielle went back to her boyfriend.

“You’ve almost officially made out with sexy Danielle,” Gwen said and grinned.

“There were eight kisses. I counted,” she answered and looked pretty proud for being Sammy. Gwen rolled her eyes and caught Everlyn’s.

“What have I missed?”

“Pretty much actually, but nothing you will take any harm from missing. Otherwise that Dylan, you know that lad in you class, in some sort of way got the idea of snogging the girls around him, and it is not like you have anything against it when it’s him we are talking about. He ended up snogging me, then Sammy and last Olivia, and he pretty much kept her the longest.”

“Awesome. Anything else? Woah, what have Mark been up to? Chased anyone around yet?”

“You could say the whole evening. I think he’s been up to guys too, poor bastard.” Gwen laughed a little, looking to her left, seeing a guy running around with bare chest. She wasn’t surprised at all.

“He’s still proud of his body, right?”

“Ulrich have always been proud of his body. It’s just slightly sad. Hey, did you get where Sammy disappeared?”

“Uh, not really, she might be behind some corner, doing only-God-knows-what.” Gwen glanced on look at Everlyn and she immediately got the point. They both grinned and clutched onto each others arms and started walking around the place, looking around among the people. There were no Sammy to be seen, but Gwen ran into loads of people from her classes. After searching for a good twenty minutes they stopped beside a wall and leaned against it, arms crossed. Gwen wrinkled her nose when she heard noises coming from around the corner and nodded to Everlyn. When looking askance, both of their eyes widened and mouth were opened.

“Sammy? Jolene?”