Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

6 ; -

There was an unspoken tension in the corridor at Palo Verde High School, and Gwen could do nothing else but to hum of all the satisfaction. No one really knew what happened at the party last Friday, but everyone sure as hell tried to forget, or even remember. Danielle had already been up to Sammy only to state that it had been kind of embarrassing. Sammy had just looked at her, confused, and asked what she was talking about.

“Y’know, that thing-- that happened…”

“I’m sorry sweetheart, but I still have no idea what you are talking about.”

“But you should have.”

“Why?”

“Because-, because-, because of the fact that we made out!” Danielle could have been more discreet, but was she? No, she practically yelled it out so everyone around them could hear.

“Oh, that. But that’s not really embarrassing; it’s just things that happen at parties.”

“Are you sure?”

“You betcha,” Sammy said and blinked her eye.

“Sweet, I’ve got to go find Gabe now, I think he’s hiding somewhere where he doesn’t want me to find him. See’ya in class, Gwenny-girl.” Danielle strutted away cheerfully, and Gwen noticed the grin on Sammy’s face.

“It was her choice to reveal to the world that we basically made out,” she said, trying to look innocent.

“But there were only kisses…”

“Eight of them,” Sammy said with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“Snap out of it! When are you going to leave me?”

“Pretty much soon, because I’ve got a class and then I’m gonna meet up with Jolene, and we’re gonna go down town because I’m gonna help her pick out some new colors for her hair.”

“So it’s going to be you two tonight?”

“Just for the evening and it’s not what you thin-, alright, it might turn into what you think it is.”

“You so do not know me that well!” Sammy just rolled her eyes and stood up, in perfect time for Brendon to walk up to the two of them.

“Samantha,” he said politely. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. He really knew how touch her nerves. She popped up her hand and winked at Gwen and then walked to her locker. Brendon just looked pleased.

“You two have to learn to get along someday,” Gwen said and offered him the seat next to her. After sitting down, he tilted his head on her shoulder and took a deep breath. “Aw, how are you, pumpkin?”

“Awesome, can’t you tell?” The sound of irony in his voice was impossible to overlook.

“You know what; I’ve decided that it’s you and me-night tonight. You, me and a cartoon movie, what do you say?”

“Lucky for you, we haven’t got band practice tonight, so I might have time to slip you in for a couple of hours.”

“You aren’t a huge rock star yet.”

“Just wait, just wait. Soon I’ll have like millions or girls crawling at my feet just to get to smell my hair or something, and you know you just wanna be one of them.” Gwen laughed and ruffled his hair, making it even more messy than it already was,

“Have you got any songs yet, then?”

“It’s on its way. All I can say to you now is that it’s about shotguns and weddings.”

“That doesn’t really say much, but you have to promise to give me a copy of the demo when it’s done.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna give one to you before I give one to my mother. Dad won’t get one, because I know he’s not supporting anyway. Mom has kind of got the fact of what I want to do with my life.”

“Your dad will someday too, you know.” Brendon peeked up on Gwen through his bangs and nodded, looking pretty much like a lost dog. Gwen giggled without any particular reason and patted him on the cheek. “We get off in like an hour, right?” He nodded again.

“Mhm, I’m just gonna meet up with Brent quickly and then we can take the bus home to you, for an awesome movie-night.”

“But we still have school tomorrow…”

“Feel like rebel a little?”

“Brendon! When did you turn out like this?”

“I’ve never been a bright head in school, so it’s not like you can complain. Come on; let’s just see what’ll happen.” Gwen hesitated about his proposition, and gave it at least five minutes.

“Alright, but it’s your fault if I fall asleep at school tomorrow.”