Wasn't It Beautiful?

Lost Your Balance On A Tightrope

I sighed quietly and walked into the school, clutching my sweater tight around me. I ignored the stares, the glares, and the pointing. I was all too used to it now. I never heard what they said, but I could read their lips perfectly. But honestly, I didn't give a damn what they said. 

I reached my locker and opened it, not having a problem with it. I grabbed my books and glanced in the mirror, biting my lip softly. I re-adjusted my glasses and closed my locker before walking towards homeroom. I sat down in my seat and opened my sketch book, adding the finishing touches on my drawing. I didn't notice when Cayden sat next to me. He nudged me and smiled, looking at the drawing. I grabbed my separate notebook and a pen, handing it to him. I watched him write quickly. 

'That's really good, Darcy,' he wrote with a little smiley at the end of it. I smiled weakly. 

'Thank you,' I responded, mouthing out the words. I looked back to my drawing as he wrote again and frowned when I ran out of led. I glanced at him and pointed at my pencil, clicking the end a few times. He nodded and pulled another pencil out of his pocket. 

'Thanks,' I mouthed, smiling. He nodded and pushed the notebook to me. 

'So, how was your weekend,' he had written. I shrugged slightly and wrote my response.

'It was like any other weekend, boring as hell,' I wrote back. I finally gave up on drawing and closed her sketchpad. 

'Well, that sounds so exciting,' he wrote, grinning. I smiled and punched his arm playfully. He fell out of his chair dramatically, laughing. I rolled my eyes, deep inside wishing I could hear his voice, his laugh, everything. I liked him, but he had a girlfriend. But we were still best friends, we had been since birth and not even Lauren had changed that, even though she tried to break the bond repeatedly. I was thankful that he didn't give up on me even when I had. 

He slid back into his chair and tilted his head, watching me as I got lost in my own thoughts. I finally snapped back into reality and smiled at him. 

'What are you thinking about, Darcy,' he mouthed out, moving closer. I shook my head and looked away, knowing I was blushing. I saw Lauren walk in and I stood up so she could sit down. She shoved me out of the way, causing me to fall over my chair and into Cayden's lap. I looked up to see him red-faced and glaring at her. He sat me back in the seat and started shouting at her, his lips moving faster than I could read. I really didn't want to cause a fight, and I gathered my books and walked to the other side of the room. I sat down and laid my head down on the desk, staring blankly at the wall as Mrs. Donovon walked in and pulled Lauren out of the room to her homeroom. I continued sitting there, watching him explain to Mr. Felix why he was so mad, and why he had shouted at Lauren. I saw the teacher turn to me and I hid my face, frowning. I felt a light pat on my shoulder after a few minutes later to see Cayden. I frowned. 

'I'm really sorry,' I mouthed, sitting up straighter. He shook his head and sat down.  

'It's not your fault, honey. Don't be sorry,' he mouthed back. I didn't really believe him, and he noticed it too. 'Darcy, don't blame yourself. Please,' he wrote in my notebook. I sighed softly and nodded. He looked up as the announcements came on, pulling me up for the pledge gently. I mouthed the words, slightly leaning against him. I sat down and pulled my legs onto the chair so I was sitting crosslegged. He smiled over at me and took my hand when the bell rang. I bit my lip and linked arms with him, walking to study hall. I wanted to forget the feelings I had for him, but it was difficult. I knew we'd never be anything more than friends, and it tore me apart.       
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it's lame, what about you? Comments and subscriptions would be adored!