Status: I am sorry it has taken me so long to up date. Life has been a rather interesting roller coaster. Please forgive me. Arigatō

Wolf Child

Airi's Final Test

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

~~~three days later~~~

I stood with the other contestants on the battle field, or at least what would become our battle field, and listened to the crowd as it gathered in the seats above us. Those who weren't fighting would be in the balcony waiting for the time. we had a new proctor as it seems our last one met a rather unfortunate end but I saw that one coming. This one had a tendency to chew on senbon needles, tell me that's healthy.

'There are so many ways one could get hurt doing that, ah Airi get you head out of the clouds. Gods these nerves are really getting to me. Please let me do well so I can pass, please let me pass.' I begged silently in my head.

The proctor spoke up. "We will begin shortly. does anyone have any complaints about who they are fighting?" No one spoke up so he nodded. Then first fight will begin once everyone has cleared out."

We all quickly went up to the balcony, leaving behind Naruto and a dark haired man who reminded me somewhat of a girl with his long hair. Genma, who I had nicknamed 'Danger' though for only inside head use, called the fight and I learned the other boys name, Neji Hyuga. God that kid had problems, seriously he was so into fate and destiny. who taught him all this because I had a rather large fist that would have their name written on it.

'So him what destiny really is. Show him that one can change theirs by choosing something different. No future is set in stone and is so easily changed.' I thought as i watched them fight.

At some point I had a very strong urge to scream 'I'm a pretty ballerina' when Neji twirled to protect himself from Naruto's attacks. The fight came to a rather dramatic end when Naruto spewed from the ground and punched Neji in the face, effectively ending the battle and also winning himself. Nothing in me wanted to stop the smile that came to my face as I clapped for the hyper blonde.

'Way to go Naruto, you are so not a failure and I am sure there will be a very bright future for you, pure one.' I thought silently.

More fights preceded and soon it was my turn. I saw my brothers in the stands as they cheered for me, with my sensei close by. Calling on my snow I fluttered down and stepped out with an easy grace, all game now. My nerves steadily disappeared as my body and mind became more inset with the fight until it was only the fight.

"Are you ready?" Genma asked and I nodded while the blonde across from me nodded as well. "Airi Tamasinesanyu and Hachiro Kato... Fight!"

Genma jumped back while we just stood there looking at each other. After a few seconds Hachiro reached for something and my hand flew to the hilt of my sword. What he pulled out surprised me. He pulled out... a deck of cards?

'Actually I think that is scarier then if he had pulled out a sword or something. I don't see this boding well for me. Wait Kato, I know that name. It is for a clan who uses demons who have been sealed away in cards. If that is true then I am in so much trouble.' I thought darkly even as he pulled off a card from the top. 'Please don't let this kid be from that clan... And fate wouldn't be that kind.'

Hachiro threw the card out and it shimmered then turned into a huge, ugly bat winged creature with talons long enough to be swords and a some what human appearance. The creature was battle scared and foaming at the mouth. As we studied each other Hachiro told it to attack and it charged. With a barley held in scream I jumped to the side and twisted my body so that I could roll with the impact. Springing to my feet I desperately dodged and jumped unable to get any kind of ground in. in the air my hands flew as I used my cover seals to call my water to me. landing i shot off water at the creature as fast and as hard as I could. It didn't the thing, thought I didn't think it would, but it slowed it down long enough for me to draw my sword. The roar from my sword filled the now silent seats as the creature stopped.

"Ookammiboushi activate!" I cried and in a display of a huge amount of chakra I changed. Grinning I looked at the creature. "Now we can really play."

It roared and charged at me but instead of running away like last time I charge at it. Twisting to the side and ducking under its outstretched hands and swung my sword with every intention of cutting the thing in half. My sword cut through its side like butter but alas it dodged to the side so I didn't get to cut it in half all the way. Twirling on my heal I turned to watch as the monster's side healed up, causing a growl to raise in my throat. So not fair.

"You can't hurt my demons. after all there is nothing to hurt." Hachiro said with a rather female like giggle.

"Don't be so sure." I said calmly even as I closed my eyes and began to search for a weakness with my chakra.

With my eyes closed I dodged, ducked, and attacked until I pushed the beast back. Finally I found a weak spot, My eyes snapped open and I ran at the monster, using quite a bit of my speed. Leaping into the air my hands flew as I called a containment circle. It glowed purple around the beast as I landed on a branch. Pushing off I readied my sword then sliced right through the monster and through the card. The beast disintegrated as the two card pieces fell to the ground then caught fire and went up in smoke. twisting in the air I landed gracefully and smiled at him as I stood.

"What was that about no weaknesses?" I asked and I watched as he paled. "Want to try another?"

His face went from pale to beat red in anger. He tossed three cards into the air but with a quick action I sliced through all three before the monsters could even appear. The ashes fell to the ground around him and he paled once more. Running forward I moved benign him then held my sword to his throat with one hand while holding his shoulder with the other.

"Surrender or I kill you." I said calmly, quietly in his ear.

His cards fluttered to the ground as he called out his surrender. gently I pulled away from him and sheathed my sword.

'That was to easy.' I thought as I turned away from him. I didn't release my kekkei genkai as I walked away from him. then a sound caused my ear to twitch and I twirled and caught the kunia aimed at my chest. The boy glared at me but then paled as I glared back before acting nonchalant as I threw the kunia and watched as it embedded itself in his neck. His mouth opened in a silent scream and I did nothing as I watched him die.

"And I had hopped to go through this with no blood shed. Oh well." I said and shrugged before turning and walking away.

Genma pronounced me the winner as I jumped up into the balcony and landed gracefully in the thirty foot space. Quietly I released my kekkei genkai and stood there silently, watching the others fight. Sasuke was late for his first match and now he was seriously pushing his luck with this one. Finally they appeared and I rolled my eyes at what his sensei said, god the man must make a habit of being late. What ninja is late? I mean that could mean your job and it also means time and money you just lost because you couldn't get off your lazy bum. Their fight started and I was rather surprised at how brutal the red head was. I mean I can be brutal but seriously this was a little much and this kid did it every day twenty four seven, heck even I make a point to take a break and be nice, more often then not though.

Things started to get really bad when Sasuke landed a hit on Gaara though and then it escalated quickly. At that point the Sound and Sand decided to go through with their plan of attack and all hell broke lose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay here is chapter eleven. I am so so so so so so so very sorry for how long this took. as my thing above says my life has been a rather large roller coaster as of late. Please forgive my tardiness and also I am writing these chapters with nothing to go on because my computer is on the fritz. Alright enough complaining form me. I added some more to chapter ten so I suggest reading that before reading this. I will have chapter 12 up as soon as possible but I am now juggling my own book along with two other fictions so again forgive me for any tardiness and thank you for being Loyal to this rather strange shindig.

For those of you wondering my story is called Guardians and I hope to have it published and out in the near future. Thank you again and so sorry about the 2 year wait.