Game

Preface

For decades, the United States government has spent millions of dollars attempting to create the greatest weapons of mass destruction ever known to man. After many failed attempts, a team of scientists were assigned the specific duty and sent to a private location, told not to return until they were successful. It wasn’t until fairly recently that a young scientist devised the plan that would later succeed. This man was my father.

My father’s hypothesis was finally put to the test. Although it took several tries, four prosperous Government Alien Mutation Experiments, known fondly as Game, were created. However, two died from sickness after a few weeks of life.

The Game were nearly identical to humans—having to be nurtured as test-tube fetuses and raised from infancy—only with superimposed DNA to make them stronger and smarter. Game could use a predicted 20% of their brain, as opposed to the 10% of that of a human. However, Game looked just like any other person—they were created simply as an embryo from a sperm and an egg, just like everyone else.

Instead of the threat that the creation of the Game species was estimated to provide, the entire world was slowly coming to find peace; when the United States created super humans, the world didn’t want to harm them, but protect them—they wanted to see how they interacted, and what would happen if they should mate. Although they seemed to be a solution to world peace, the Game were just teenagers—they made friends, and went to school, and grew up with the same problems as people of their generation.

My name is Skye Prothmen, and my brother and I are the two remaining Game.