Status: depending on comments and rating... it will be active

You're So Beautiful... You Break Everything You Touch

Playing the game

I can’t believe him! Stupid fucking Max and his stupid I don’t give a fuck attitude! Whatever happened to bros before hos? Not that I told Max I liked Effy but still! According to Rob it was pretty obvious! I don’t know why I was getting so wind up about all this, it’s not like there isn’t plenty of other fish in the sea. But there was something about Effy that pulled me in, and it started when she was sat in the car.

The way she was staring at me, it was if she was trying to figure me out... but couldn’t. She figured out Max straight away... that was plain obvious and it’s not exactly difficult to see how Monte works. But with me she couldn’t, sure she was acting like she has but I have a feeling she have no clue.

“I thought I’d find you here!”

I stopped in my tracks and looked in front of me to see Effy about to enter her tour bus and Max stood in front of her. Thinking on my toes I hid behind the bus and peeked one eye at them, yeah it seemed a little childish that I was spying on them but I wanted to see her reaction to the nearly completed list. I watched as he pulled out the list she gave me and showed it to her.

“I just need to get drugs now...” he told her. Effy said nothing but reached for something behind her ear, and pulled a Spiff. “You are a very naughty girl...” Max jeered as she lit the cigarette. Once again, Effy said nothing instead she inhaled the spiff and slowly blew out the sweet smelling smoke into Max’s face.

Closing his eyes, Max inhaled the fumes through his mouth... he was now very close to her.

Effy made the first move and crashed her lips against his, making my stomach turn uneasily. The kiss wasn’t sweet or passionate... it was rough, it was lust crazy and power hungry. Effy dragged Max in by his shirt into the bus, with that smirk plastered on her face... she knew she’d got him now.

I couldn’t stand to watch anymore, I could never get with her now... Max would go ballistic at me... as I went to turn I noticed Tony standing there.

“Tony?” I spoke in surprised “I... Er...”

“If you knew what’s best for you, you’ll stay away from my sister” he warned.

I was kinda expecting that, but shouldn’t he be this lecture to Max? “I understand dude, but I’m not one of those guys...”

This made Tony laugh “it’s not her I’m worried about...”

“Huh?”

Tony gestured me to walk with him, reluctantly I complied. “I love my sister to death, but she isn’t exactly girlfriend material” he explained “you’re friend Max is only the beginning, she can easily tell when someone is attracted to her”

I looked down “is it that obvious?”

“A little...” Tony replied “but not as obvious as you’re band mates...”

“Max doesn’t like her” I quickly cut in “he just wants to get laid”

At that Tony stopped and turned to me “you’re right, he doesn’t... yet”

“Yet?”

“She loves to toy with people’s heads, she’ll make Max hooked on her, then leave him high and dry” He then took a breath “you know Moose?”

I nodded

“She did exactly the same to him, they met at the Metal Hammer awards. He was immediately attracted to her, she took that to her advantage and he saw her whenever he got the chance... till she found her next victim...”

“Who was it?”

“Does it matter, the fact is Moose was crushed... he really liked her, probably still does a little bit but he knows not to go down that road again.”

“I’m surprised he’s still civil with her...” I muttered.

“Well... if you think about it, Effy didn’t actually do anything wrong...”

I raised an eyebrow, now he’s completely lost me.

“Moose made the first move, she was just minding her own business... they got talking, she figured out his motives and became fascinated to see how far he’d go... and he went very far so she let him have what he wanted, she doesn't ask for this kind of attention it just happens”

So that’s how she played it, and thinking back she never made the first move... and played hard to get... then she gave that list... to test how far I’d go, only I didn’t take the test... Max did and he passed with flying colours.

“But...” I began “why?” Tony gave me a puzzled look. “Why does she do this?” I repeated “what joy does she get out of this?”

Tony sighed “I’ve known Effy all my life, and even I don’t know what’s going through that head of hers”.

*** ***

Max never came back to our bus that night, so we just assumed he stayed on The Reckless Human Beings bus. I felt it was best not to tell the guys what Tony told me... they didn’t need to get involved. I was fully aware that I was part of this game, why else did she give me the list? Tony told me that every guy she’s taken always came to her first, that’s how she rolls... so did I... did I turn her down by not doing the list?

“Hey buddy we gonna find Max, we have an interview” Rob told me. Pulling myself up I followed Rob and Monte out of our bus to our bass player... but I guess he found us.

“Hey guys!!” Max cheered holding his hands up in the air, he was currently walking towards us with his eyes covered his shades and still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. “My it’s such a good day!” he mused “isn’t a good day?”

“So I’m guessing you got what you wanted since you didn’t return last night” Rob commented boredly.

“Hell yeah! Man it was amazing...” he replied dreamily “by far the best fuck I’ve ever had...”

“Till the next girl...” I mumbled to myself but luck wasn’t on my side today.

“Nope, I invited her clubbing tonight... and then I gonna fuck her again!” he replied. This sparked a memory in my mind, this is exactly what Tony predicted.

“You may not realise it first... but she’ll have you keep coming back for more, and more till she’s found her next victim... that’s how she works”

“Whatever Max...” Rob replied “we have an interview to do so come on...”

“Can I just get into some clean clothes first?” he asked innocently.

Rob growled finally getting fed up “you should have thought about that last night now come on!!” When we found the interviewer, he basically told us to stand outside a tour bus.

“So guys, it’s the first day of the tour? You excited?” the reported asked us with a friendly smile.

“Yeah dude I’m so pumped for this tour!” Max replied a little too enthusiastically.

“So bullet are the headliners” the reporter stated “you guys are before them and the first band is Reckless Human Beings... have you toured with any of these guys before?”

“We toured with Bullet once with our old singer” Rob answered “but this is the first time with RHB” It was then I realised that we were in fact outside the Reckless Human Beings bus because as it was fate... Effy and Josh stepped out of it. I couldn’t help but watch her as she lit a cigarette then past her lighter to Josh. Thankfully she didn’t catch me staring at her, but she was staring at us.

*** ***

“Hey it’s your boyfriend!” I teased my best friend. Effy paid no attention as she continued to smoke and watched the interview. I expected her to be watching Max... but she wasn’t.

“I heard a rumour that an office of a building you were all in got set on fire or something? What’s going on with that?” I heard the reporter asked.

“Honestly dude...” Craig answered “I haven’t got a clue it happened so fast...”

“Yeah” Rob agreed “me and Craig were just hanging with the other bands and this promoter or something is just screaming ‘the fucking buildings on fire!!’”

“So apart from a building setting on fire anything else interesting happen?”

“Yeah...” Craig replied and then glanced towards our direction, to which I saw Effy stare right back. Craig shot her a quick smile before saying to the reporter...

“I met a girl I like....”

I did a double take... as far as I’m aware, since he was with us for the whole day yesterday... the girl he was talking about was...

I glanced over at Effy and was shocked at the sight, this girl who was considered an ice queen... looked like she’d just received a blow to the stomach.

“She’s... beautiful...” Craig continued.

“Does this girl know you like her?” The reporter asked cheekily.

Craig shrugged “she probably does, she’s playing hard to get but... you never know”

As Craig talked, Effy tried to stare and everything but him till it got to a point where she just walked off...

“Eff?” I called, but I was once again ignored.

‘Well that’s never happened before...’
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted another chapter cause I'm nice

comments?

xoxo