Status: On hiatus. . . probably until the summer. Sorry :/

In My Dreams It's Me And You

My Boys.

It was now half one and I was still trying to figure out my account books. I kept trying to convince myself that there was no way I was so far in debt already.
My head fell into my hands and I felt like crying. Was it really time to close up my beloved shop for good?

I thought about Teddy and how he relied on this job to get money so he could save up and get as far away from here as possible as soon as he turned eighteen. I had to stay open- for him.

With that thought I once more began poring over the numbers, trying to find some form of income I had missed, a sale I had overlooked . . . anything.

I was lost in the red digits when Teddy knocked at the door and came in.
“Uhm, Eva?”

I looked up, my purple reading glasses perched on the end of my nose making me feel like a teacher, “Yes, Teddy?”

He looked nervous and he bit his lip but his grey eyes shone with excitement, “There are two guys outside and I think they're Synyster Gates and The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold. Anyway they asked for you- do you know them?”

I smiled and slapped my head lightly, remembering my conversation with Brian last night. With the hectic morning that I'd had I'd completely forgotten about them coming to visit.

I smiled at the teenager who was practically bouncing with excitement, “They're old friends of mine from before I moved to Jersey. Can you send them in please?”

He nodded and ran off to see the two rock stars in while I busied myself trying to clean up the account books that were strewn across the table.

“Eva fucking Murray!” A voice that I immediately recognised shouted as the door flew open.

I turned just in time to see a black haired blur running at me. Next thing I knew I was lying on my back with a grinning Jimmy Sullivan on top of me.

“James Owen Sullivan,” I spoke in a calm voice, closing my eyes as I did. “If you do not get off me right now, rest assured I will castrate you in your sleep.”

I heard him whimper and suddenly the weight was gone. I opened my eyes and saw Brian chuckling over by the door and Jimmy was looking scared, his hand held protectively over his crotch.

Brian approached me and held out a hand to help me up. I took it and he hauled me gently to my feet.

Once I was standing upright I dusted off the back of my jeans and smiled at my old friends.

“I see you're still the pleasant, mannerly girl you were when we were teenagers,” Brian smirked as he looked over at Jimmy who was still eyeing me warily from near the doorway.

I giggled, “Of course I am Brian. Wouldn't change for anyone.”

He smiled, “Good to know.”

I indicated for them to sit at the table as I went outside to make us all some coffee.
When I returned only moments later, with a tray containing three mugs of coffee prepared the way they liked it when we were teenagers, I saw that the two men were sitting in absolute silence- odd for them.

I set the red, metal tray on the rickety wooden table that also served as my desk and placed my hands on my hips, eyeing both men.
“What's wrong with you guys? I may not have seen you in five years but I doubt you've changed that much. You're never this quiet. What's up?”

They looked at each other as if debating what to say but then Brian sighed and pointed to the account books that I had missed when tidying up. They were open and on the pages minus figures were clearly evident.

I rushed over and shut the book, as if hiding the numbers could also hide the truth.
“Don't worry about it,” I mumbled as I picked up the books and placed them on their shelf along with the others.

“But we're already worried,” Jimmy spoke up, his hands wrapped around the coffee mug I handed him. “Your shop is in serious trouble.”

“We're . . . uh. . . Just going through a rough patch. We'll be fine in a few months.” I tried to assure myself as much as did them.

“But. . .” Jimmy began to protest but was silenced by a look from Brian who had already picked up on the fact that I didn't want to talk about it any more.

“So, how're you today?” My brown eyed friend asked as he pulled out the chair beside him and patted it, indicating for me to sit down.

I smiled at his feeble attempt to change the subject but decided to play along, “I'm surprisingly good actually. How about the two of you?”

“I'm good,” He nodded and his dark hair fell messily around his face.

“I'm good too,” Jimmy grinned from across the table. “But what did you mean by 'surprisingly'?”

He air quoted the word and I giggled at the absurd expression he made as he did so.
Still the same old Jimmy anyway.

I shrugged and tugged at my long brown hair, “I don't know, I guess I've never really felt this happy about something in a long time.”

Brian grinned, “So you're glad we're back in your life?”

I nodded firmly, I was glad they were back in my life. I was just worried that it would lead to a certain other person also coming back into my life and I didn't think I could handle that.

“Wanna go out and get some lunch or something? My treat.” Jimmy suggested standing up from the table.

I shrugged, “Sure.”

He held out a hand and helped me to my feet, but didn't let go once I was up. He led me to the front of the shop with Brian trailing behind. As we entered the shop I was shocked to see that it was busier than it had been in months. Dozens of teenagers were standing around talking excitedly to one another as they picked up various CDs.

“I heard Synyster Gates came in to buy an Eminem CD yesterday,” A tall boy with an impressive blue Mohawk told his friend excitedly.

“No way! I heard he bought a Metallica album,” The cherry haired, petite girl beside him argued.

“I heard the entire band came in,” A short boy who was about fifteen piped up from behind the other two.

“Let's hope they're here again then,” Blue Mohawk said giddily, his hands clasped around a copy of City Of Evil.

I turned to look back at Brian, grateful that the teens had yet to notice him and Jimmy. “You don't keep a very low profile do you?”

I smirked as I watched the man stare wide eyed at the number of fans gathered in my small store just to get a chance to meet their idols. “I'm sorry . . .?”

He phrased his apology as a question and I laughed.

“Don't be, this is the best business I've had in months,” I smiled and patted him on the back. “Well done.”

He smirked and I could see that he had suddenly turned into his alternate personality- Synyster Gates. He walked forward into the crowded shop and climbed onto the counter on which the register resided.

“Hey guys. How the fuck are ya?”

The crowd gasped and all began pushing forward to get closer to their idol. I looked up at Jimmy who was still by my side, his fingers laced with mine, and I saw that he was watching me with excited eyes.

“Fuck going for lunch, let's join in the fun!”

He started running towards Brian dragging me along behind him. My hyperactive friend wasted no time in clambering onto the counter beside Brian and then hauled me up beside them.

“Greetings my minions,” He said a deep, creepy voice. “Are you all here to do the bidding of The Reverend Tholomew Plague?”

The crowd cheered and, for the first time, I realised how much all these kids loved and idolised my old friends. People began approaching both Jimmy and Brian asking for autographs and photos, and they agreed to every request without hesitation. Jimmy played jokes on the fans and made them laugh while Brian flirted with many of the girls, a smirk constantly on his face.

Soon some of the fans came up to me, nervous smiles on their faces. “Uhm, are you Eva?” A boy I recognised as Blue Mohawk asked me.

I nodded, “Yeah I am, why?”

“The Rev said you were the reason he and Syn are here and that should come talk to you,” His cherry haired friend piped up.

I looked over at Jimmy who was seated at the edge of the counter his legs dangling over the edge as he watched me. He caught my and winked, a smile on his face.

“Oh. . . Okay. . . Hi,” I said awkwardly to the Avenged fans suddenly feeling shy.

“Can we have you autograph?” Blue Mohawk asked, holding out his copy of City of Evil that he had only paid for moments ago.

I laughed, “Why? I'm not famous like the guys.”

The cherry haired girl laughed too and replied, “No, but you are the reason all of us got to meet our idols. You're pretty awesome.”

I blushed and smiled, “Aw thanks.”

I took the CD off Blue Mohawk.
“Who should I make it out to?”

He grinned, “Roy.”

I nodded and took out a Sharpie marker from my pocket before writing a short message on the CD cover, below what both Brian and Jimmy had written.
To Roy. Lots of love, Eva! Xo

I stayed chatting with the two teenagers for a while and signed the red haired girl- Aimee's- CD. Then as they hugged me goodbye they promised they'd be back again soon to buy new CDs. I was ecstatic. Return customers? Brilliant.

Soon the shop was once more its usual empty self as all the Avenged fans started to leave at Jimmy's request. The two rock stars sighed with exhaustion and collapsed in two chairs in my office, happy smiles on their faces.

“Teddy!” I shouted, “Lock up the shop and come back here for a bit.”

I knew the teenager was exhausted too and needed a break.

“Thanks you guys,” I smiled at the two tired men in front of me.

Jimmy opened one eye lazily and looked at me, “What for?”

“For doing all that for those fans. Now they think my shop is amazing and want to come back,” I grinned widely, delighted with what had happened today.

Brian smiled, “It was no problem Hon, we love our fans and helping you was just a bonus.”

“Well thanks anyway,” I sat down opposite them just as Teddy came into the room.
His eyes were wide with adoration as he looked at Brian and Jimmy. He sat down beside me, flicking his sandy hair out of his grey eyes so he could better ogle his heroes. I smiled fondly at the boy who reminded me so much of myself. I turned back around and saw Jimmy also watching the teenager, it was then I realised that I had yet to introduce the three.

“Jim-Jam, Bri-Bri; this is Teddy,” I indicated the slightly chubby teenager sitting opposite them. “Ted, I'm sure you already know who these idiots are.”

He just nodded, obviously awestruck by the two men who automatically took a liking to the sandy haired man. I just sat quietly, observing as Jimmy talked animatedly with Teddy. Brian got up and moved his chair so he could sit beside me.

“Jim seems to like Teddy,” He commented resting his head on his tanned hand as he leaned on my desk.

I smiled, “Yeah, he does. I'm glad, Ted deserves some happiness in his life.”

I watched as the young boy started coming out of his shell and talking just as animatedly back to Jimmy.

Brian turned to look at me with a curious expression on his face, “What do you mean he deserves some happiness?”

I sighed, “Let's just say he reminds me of myself as a teenager.”

“Oh E!” His huge arm was suddenly around my shoulder, pulling me into an awkward side hug.

It was so nice to be comforted by Brian again. I had missed his warm embrace so much.

Jimmy suddenly stopped talking to Teddy and shouted over to me, “Oi! Eva, you wannna come clubbing tonight?”

“Uhm. . . I dunno, who's going to be there?”

He shook his head, “Oh don't worry, he won't be there. Just Brian, me and Teddy here.”

I shot a look at Teddy, “Aren't you a little bit young to be clubbing?”

He smiled sheepishly, “Maybe. But if we go to Fibbers Manny will let me in.”

I just rolled my eyes and smiled but Jimmy stared at him with wide eyes.

“How old are you?” He asked turning to the boy.

Ted looked at him funny before answering, “Sixteen, why?”

"Wow! I thought you were a lot older."

Teddy just shrugged, "People always think I'm older than I really am."

Jimmy nodded and looked away hurriedly before busying himself with his phone.
Strange.

"Shouldn't you invite Sarah?" Teddy suddenly asked.

I slapped myself on the forehead, in all the excitement of the day I had forgotten what I was faced with when it came to her.

I guess it's time to tell her.
I nodded, my wavy brown hair boucning on my shoulders as I did so, "Yeah, I'll go call her now."

I grabbed my phone off of the desk and excused myself from the group, dialing her number as I left.

"C'mon, answer your fucking phone!" I muttered as the phone rang.

I was beginning to lose hope and about to hang up when she answered on the eleventh ring.

"Yellow?" She asked sounding a bit irritated at being rang.

"Hey S!" I greeted her cheerfully. "We need to have a little chat."

"Oh. . . Okay," She sounded a bit apprehensive and I didn't blame her. I always assumed the worst when people said that to me. "What is it?"

I took a deep breath, "Uhm. . . I'm not really sure how to tell you this without you hating me."

"I'm not going to hate you," I could practically hear her eyeballs rolling. "Now just spit it out!"

"Well, y'know the way I said I don't like Avenged?" I asked quietly.

"Mhmm?"

"And the way everyone thought the guy I left the club with was Synyster Gates?"

"Uhm. . . Yeah," She replied. "Where is this going?"

"Well. . . Uhm. . . I may have lied about both of those things," I bit down on my lip nervously and broke the skin.

I heard my friend's sharp intake of breath, "You know Synyster Fucking Gates?!?"

I smiled, I should've known she'd just care about the positive part of my story. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

“What do you mean?”

“Well I used to be best friends with the Avenged boys as a teenager,” I explained, hoping she’d fill in the blanks by herself.

“I don’t get it. . . Oh wait! It was the Matt Sanders who was your best friend?” She exclaimed sounding both shocked and impressed at the same time.

“Yeah,” I replied, running a hand through my hair.

“So have you forgiven him or something?”

I shook my head fervently, momentarily forgetting that she couldn’t see me, “No, no! I just ran into Jimmy and Brian.”

I heard her clap her hands together in excitement, “Oh wow!”

I smiled again, I loved this girl. “Yeah anyway, we’re going clubbing. You in?”

She giggled, “Do you even have to ask?”

Sarah was alaways up for a good time. The Avenged Sevenfold boys beign there would only sweeten the night for her.

I smitked, “I guss not. I’ll be at the house in a bit, ’kay?”

“Mhmm…see you then bitch.”

“Laters whore.”

I presses end call, smiling happily to myself.
Well that went better than I expected.

I re-entered the room where the guys were waiting for me. They all watched me in anticipation, waiting for an answer.

I grinned widely, “C’mon, let’s party!”

Brian and Jimmy jumped up shouting approval and quickly bounded out of the room. I turned to look at a confused Teddy.

“Well theyre definitely still my boys.”

He laughed and, with hands entwined, we followed the two rockstars out of the shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. . . It's been foREVer since I updated this. Since November :O
I'm sorry >.<
There's probably no one left to read this. D:
But. . . Let me explain myself. My laptop died and along with it my stories. I thought it would get fixed and I could continue to update but sadly, they couldn't save it :P
I've been finding it hard to retype all the chapters I already had prewritten. . . Didn't seem worth the effort at the time. BUT. . . I found some of the handwritten chapters that I had done months ago and decided to type them up.
So this story will be on Hiatus for the moment with maybe the odd update. And it should be back up and running officially byt June 9th (Summer holidays xD)
Anyway. . . Comment (even if it's just to give out for my lack of updating) and subscribe please :) <3