‹ Prequel: Say You'll Haunt Me.

Another Chance.

Chapter Four.

I was walking on a stone path. For some odd reason, I didn't have shoes on. I found that quite odd. As I walked along this stone path, I saw a golden gate in the distance. I started walking towards it, just to try and figure out where the hell I was.

After a few minutes of walking, I found myself at the door of the gates. The gate had to be over fifteen feet tall. Surrounding the gate were some bushes, a stone bench, and what seemed to be a well of some sort. I didn't stop to look at those, I was on a mission to go through the gates. I don't know why, but I just felt I had to.

Right before I made my way through the gates, I hand wrapped around my arm and pulled me back.

"Flare! What the fuck are you thinking?!" Jimmy yelled.

"What?" I asked. I was so confused. "Where the fuck are we?"

"That doesn't matter! You almost just died."

"How!?"

"You can't go through those gates without giving up your soul!"

I stared at him, with a "I'm so fucking confused!" look on my face. He didn't respond, instead, he took my hand and lead me away from the gates. He sat me down on the stone bench and then sat next to me.

"Where are we?" I asked, almost afraid of the answer.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. "The Gates of Heaven."

I stared up at him, more confused than ever. "But, we're not dead?"

"I know that." Jimmy and I looked up to see a short, black hair girl.

In a way, she reminded me of the golden haired angel, just the way she seemed so beautiful and pure. Her dress was a lot shorter than the golden angel's. She also wasn't nearly as tall or skinny. Not that she was fat, but she was pudgy in a cute kind of way.

"Why are we here now?" Jimmy groaned, tightening his arm around my waist. I leaned into him a little, kind of creeped out by this new girl.

"Well, you see, I'm Raven, head of the ghost-thing department in there," she said, before pointing to the gates. "Since you've somehow made it off my list, I'm here to make sure you pay back your debt to God."

"Does God really work like that? I mean, I went to a Catholic school my whole life—"

"Shut the hell up," Raven snapped at me. I shut my mouth and looked anywhere but at her. "Anyways, since you're no longer an angel to-be, you're going to help spirits move on. So, Redhead here no longer helping the spirits move on, you are."

Well, it's quite obvious who she's talking to here. She was pretty much ignoring my existence.

"You can't take that away from me!" I said, glaring at her.

"Hmm. Just did. So, shut up, or I'll make sure you can't see ghosts at all." She sent me a sarcastically sweet smile. She turned her attention back to Jimmy, who was also glaring at her. "Got it, hot stuff?"

My jaw dropped.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't talk to my girlfriend like that," was all Jimmy said, before standing up. He towered over her.

"You really don't scare me," she replied, raising her eyebrows. "What'cha gonna do? Kill me?" She laughed bitterly at her own joke, before turning away from us and walking–like a hoe–back to the gates of Heaven.

"Are you fucking serious?!" was all I could possibly say at this moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
605.
It was going to be longer, but I really don't have the time to make it longer. :O
83 readers, 55 subscribers and only fifteen comments? Pssh.
Oh well. :D I had to make this one epic, since it is Chapter Four ♥ Love that song.
Comments = faster updates, for the record. :)