‹ Prequel: Say You'll Haunt Me.

Another Chance.

Chapter Five.

A debt to God? Really? No. That's impossible. I fucking went to a Catholic school. Actually, a Catholic grade school and high school.

Well, I mean, it could be possible that humans really don't have a grasp on who or what God really is or the way he acts.

My head throbbed the next morning when I got up. The first thing I did was headed straight for the headache medicine in the kitchen. I fed Chance and ate a cookie, before heading back upstairs and falling back asleep.

When I re-woke up, I still didn't feel much better. I did see that Jimmy woke up and left the room. I groaned, forcing my self to actually wake up. It was already going on two in the afternoon. I'd have to start moving some time.

I went downstairs to find Jimmy passed out on the couch. He must have been just as tired as I had been when I woke up before. There was something about that dream—which I had assumed that's how what's-her-name contacted us through—that made us tired, as if we weren't really asleep that whole time.

I went back out to the kitchen to try to find something to eat. I settled for a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table. I didn't even bother with milk, and I just ate the cereal dry.

"Do you really think she meant that I was going to help spirits move on?"

I jumped. I seriously didn't even hear Jimmy walk in.

"Mother fucker, Jimmy. You scared the hell out of me," I exclaimed. He sat next to me and grabbed the hand I wasn't eating with. "I don't know. I guess..."

Jimmy just frowned, and rubbed his thumb across my hand. "That blows."

I shrugged. "If it blew that much, then we wouldn't have ever met." I stuck my tongue out at him and he smiled at me.

"Good point, buttercup."

I bit my lip. "Do you think I can still see ghosts?" Jimmy gave me a confused look. "Well, she said I didn't have to help ghosts, so do you think that means I don't see them anymore?"

Jimmy thought about this for a few minutes. "Well, it's possible you can't. But, I don't see where she'd have the right to take anything away from you. One thing's for sure though, she didn't tell us half of what we needed to know."

I nodded in agreement. We were definitely in over our heads, and something told me that there was more to that than just what she told us.
♠ ♠ ♠
434.
Incredibly short, but I really wanted to update before I went to bed.
Which is why it sucks. I'm dead-fucking-tired.
I'm really sorry D: