Status: Unsure

Save Me

3

‘Watch this’ Jimmy laughed, as he pulled his cell phone out, flicking through the music on it, until he landed on some Lady Gaga song, Ella immediately started rocking to the music, singing along, Pia and Zacky giggled.

It was the final few days of relaxation before they had to hit the road again for a short tour, he was excited for the thrill of playing to hundreds of kids again, but it was frustrating because he had to bring Ella along, she was a terror on tour.

Zacky hated to have to be the bad guy, but ever since she could walk, the minute she gets on that tour bus, she turns almost feral. Pia had offered to tag along as kind of a nanny type thing; he insisted that he pay her for it, even though she tried to decline.

Pia had been spending a lot of time with him and Ella, helping watch her while he did things for VU and recorded things with the band. He found himself enjoying her company more and more each day, and no one could deny that she was beautiful. He wasn’t sure, but he felt more for her then just friends, but didn’t know whether it was a good idea to act on it, why would she want someone who already had a kid and a dead girlfriend, what if it was like a curse. He shook his head at the thought.

Lighting a cigarette, he inhaled and exhaled deeply, watching Jimmy and Ella out on the lawn, as she pranced around him as he sat, the fairy wings she insisted on wearing hitting him in the face every now and then.

Zack smiled at Pia, turning back to Ella once again, out of the corner of his eye he seen Pia opening her mouth to say something before, he got distracted by the sight of Ella leaning over and sinking her teeth into Jimmy’s arm as hard as she could, causing him to yelp.

‘Oi!’ Zacky growled, butting the smoke out on the payment, and standing, and walking over to her, getting down on her level ‘Do not bite people Ella’

Ella had started biting people, she thought it was a game, but it was insanely embarrassing for Zacky when she’d bite random people in the shop who just walked past. He’d read into it and discovered that it can be from an underlying problem, he wondered if maybe it was from his own depression.

‘Ouch! Oh the pain, the pain of it all!’ Jimmy played up how hurt he was, hiding his face in his hands, Zacky had also read that you needed to show them how much it hurt others, and had asked the guys to play it up if she ever bit them.

‘Oh my gosh, are you okay Jim? I’m sure Ella is very sorry!’ Zacky exclaimed, giving a scolding look to the small girl next to him

‘Sorry!’ She yelled, her green eyes looking into Zacky’s for a sign of approval

‘Say it like you mean it’ Zacky shook his head at her

She defiantly smirked at him, running off towards the house, but Jimmy was too quick and grabbed her before she got far ‘SAY IT!’ He yelled dramatically chucking her and tickling her, hysteric laughter poured out of her small body

Zacky sighed and threw himself back in the grass, rubbing his eyes vigorously 'I’m raising a little vampire'

‘Bite her back’ Pia smiled appearing on the grass next to him, making him jump slightly at her closeness

‘They say not to do that’ He peaked out from behind his hands, smiling into her warm brown eyes

‘Who cares? It helped me when I used to bite people’ she laughed lying on her side next to him.

He rolled over so he was on his side; the hat that had sat on his head fell off and onto the grass. He liked how well they had been getting along, she was interesting and fun to be with, and those hips...no.

The moment turned a little more romantic as they moved their heads together, lips super close but before they even touched, a naked toddler ran past catching Zacky's attention

'ELLA!' he exclaimed, his voice filled with shock 'where are your damn clothes?! And where is the rev?!'

'Little V, get back here! Its bath time not run around nakey time!' Jimmy cried, running out a small pink towel in hand

Pia burst out laughing, as Zacky stood and started walking towards where Ella thought she was hidden, giggling like a crazy person, scooping her up in his arms placing kisses all over her face 'No daddy! No!' she squealed trying to fight her fathers strong grip

Pia watched, it was the small things like this that made her appreciate Zacky that much more, she means sure, he is attractive and the nicest guy, but just the way he was with his daughter was enough to make even the hardest criminals melt.

---

A little while later Pia made her move to leave, she needed to get to work, she stood and announced it, and Jimmy said a quick goodbye and Ella never turned from the Disney movie playing on the TV as she sat on the floor.

Zacky offered to walk her out to her car, following behind her all the way.

'Thanks' he muttered awkwardly 'for you know, helping out and stuff'

'Its fine’ she laughed at how awkward things had gotten, leaning up and placing a kiss on his cheek 'You're a good man vengeance'

He grinned watching her get in her car and leave, butterflies attacking his stomach with great force, it felt like middle school all over again, like the first girl you ever really like, when you realize they like you back.

Near on prancing back into his home he wondered in and plunked down on the couch opposite jimmy.

Who eyed him carefully.

'Why, ZV, are you prancing around like a little bitch?' the look of suspicion on Jimmy's face made Zacky laugh

'I think I’m ready'

'Do you like Miss Jackson, her and her ghetto booty, do you?!' jimmy sounded like he was trying to interrogate Zacky making him laugh harder.

Ella finally turned from the TV at the word like her, she had a vague idea in her little head what that meant, she had asked matt whether he liked jess, his answer had been he did like jess, Ella had assumed her father liked her like matt like jess, and this turn of events did not please the two year old.

Her father smiled down at her, stretching his arms out for her to climb into, and she did nesting her head in his neck.

'I think so' Jimmy smiled at the look of pure carefree happiness he had on his face, but noticed as Ella pulled her head out, the look of discontent on hers.

Thinking nothing of it, she's only a baby still she couldn’t have jealousy issues; he turned to the movie on TV.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?
I'm still not sure if I like this yet, its been so long since I've written >.<