Status: Unsure

Save Me

9

'No fucking way' Brian nearly choked on the food in his mouth.

Everyone else in the small hospital room’s mouths fell open wide, and Zacky stood awkwardly at the front of them all, having just shared the news that Pia had announced she was pregnant.

'What?!' Ella sat up, she was well on her way to being better, she was only staying here as a precaution for the next couple of days, it was safe to say every person in the room was super relieved to have their little girl healthy.

'Impossible' Jess muttered, who had been talking this whole Pia situation with Jimmy a lot, both of whom despised the girl with their whole beings.

'Excuse me Jess?' Pia sneered, she'd played enough of the polite cards, but now she had Zacky in the palm of her little hand.

'How far along did you say you were again?' Jess asked sounding bored as she casually played with Ella's hair planting little kisses on her forehead now and again.

'A month and a half'

'Impossible' Jess stated again.

The men in the room, were all silently amused by this, Matt kept a hand on Jess's lower back, trying to remind her to keep calm, he knew her dislike for Pia, and was always trying to keep peace.

'How?' Pia glared at the short blond woman, who she considered a little too close to Zacky and Ella.

'You two didn’t do the deed until three weeks ago buddies; therefore our Z could not be the father of your spawn'

'You're over thinking this' Zacky shrugged, though later he would add this to a list of reasons why it might be okay to leave a pregnant woman.

'Get a test and I'll eat my words' Jess shrugged

'Daddy' Ella whined, throwing herself back dramatically 'No'

'C'mon Ella, it'd be fun to have a little brother or sister' Zacky grinned at his child, who looked less than impressed

'No'

Everyone laughed, but it was pulling at Zacky's core, he didn’t know what to do anymore. Pia seemed honest, he didn’t see the problem, but he didn’t really want another kid.

-----

Sitting in Matt’s backyard around a large outdoor table, Zacky watched Johnny feed Ella little bits of meat and salad, she ate it down slowly, she still looked so pale, catching her father smiling, she grinned back.

Zacky smiled, and turned his eyes around the table, he watched Jess bite into a large burger, it made him laugh as she tried to fit a huge mouthful into her little mouth, he looked next to him at Pia who was picking at a tiny amount of salad and sighed, she didn’t even eat right.

‘Don’t you think you should be eating a little bit more, considering you’re eating for two?’ Jimmy frowned at her, taking Ella from Johnny as Johnny entered the house to use the bathroom.

‘Mind your own business’

‘If you are pregnant with a little Vengeance, its all of our business’ Jess added, smiling, but you could see the hate pour out of her eyes ‘Not that you are’

‘Guys’ Zacky sighed, rubbing his eyes and sitting forward slightly, starting to feel insanely uncomfortable.

‘You’re a fuck, she’s a fuck, you’re all fucks’ Jimmy stated, he looked beyond annoyed, but continued munching on his carrot stick.

‘Stop cussing in front of Elle guys, she’s going to be the pre-schooler with the worst swearing habit’ Matt shook his head with laughter, trying to lighten the mood, but Jimmy, Jess and Pia all sat in a heated glaring match.

‘So just me and Ella are going to go inside’ Johnny stood up, placing Ella on his hip

‘I’ll join you’ Brian followed them into the house.

‘This is lovely! GOOD TIMES!’ Matt cried, standing and starting to clear the plates, before disappearing into the house himself.

‘Fuck this’ Zacky stood, without another word headed inside, he passed the guys inside.

‘Can she stay here tonight?’ He asked Matt as he passed, pausing only to get his keys off the counter.

‘Yeah man’ Matt nodded, frowning at Zacky’s hasty actions ‘Where are you going?’

‘Out, I’ll be back tomorrow’

Zacky strolled out the door, and into his car, speeding away from the Sander’s home in a hurry, he continued driving, not entirely sure where he was going, he drove around in what seemed like circles, thinking, and no matter what the thought started out as, it always ended back at Pia, and it was driving him crazy.

He pulled the car up at a small cemetery and smiled sadly, pulling himself out of the car, he took a deep breath in, walking towards the headstones, stopping in front of one he was very familiar with, he stopped, sitting in front of it. He smiled at the name, Kristin Leigh Fowler.

‘Feels like it was yesterday that I saw your face, you told me how you proud you were, how we were going to be amazing parents, but you left. I’m not going to lie about Kris, I blamed you, I blamed you so much, you wanted her so bad, and being me, and you being you, I had to give you exactly what you wanted, a little baby, that we were supposed to look after together. But you left me with her, by myself’ He paused frowning at the death date on the Headstone.

He brushed leaves off the top of it before he continued ‘I couldn’t bring myself to love her, because I was busy blaming her, instead of realizing how beautiful she is. Now I’ve got myself into a terrible mess, cause I was trying to replace you, Pia isn’t a bad person, she wouldn’t purposely try to ruin everything I’ve worked so hard for, I want to say I wish you were alive, you’d tell me what to do, but if you were alive, I would not be in this mess’

He lent down and placed a kiss on the hard marble, putting a small photo of Ella out of his wallet at the bottom of it.

‘I miss you’ He muttered, before standing and leaving, he didn’t feel any better, infact he felt worse.