Elven Chronicles Book 4: The Final Stand

Epilogue Part II: The end

After the birth of my first daughter, the rest of my life was focused on family and parenthood. When Liere was two, Aaron and I had our second and third children, the twins Lyla and Lynette. Lyla was a water bender, and Lynette an earth bender. Except for their eyes, they were identical.

Well, after that Aaron and I had a nice little surprise. We had our fourth child, Laidna, five years after the twins. She was a fire bender, and the child that ended up being most like me.

Raising the girls was amazing, and the hard part came when they had to start attending school. Since they were benders and belonged somewhere else, we had to send them off to the different kingdoms. Liere stayed with us, Lyla was sent to be taken care of by Isabel, Lynette was taken care of by Elwen and Lily, and Elendil and Alia took care of Laidna. Aaron and I would bring them home for holidays and the weekends. I would visit all of them at least once during the middle of the week, but it was hard missing important moments of their lives.

We took them to the ocean when they were older and made sure they saw all parts of the forest. I taught all of them how to bend, and they all were good at it. Liere was the one who did not like fighting at all. Laidna learned how to use the stave, and she became extremely good at it. She caused the most trouble in the fire kingdom while she practiced her fighting techniques.

While the girls grew up, I started to lose my other half. My siblings all died before Liere reached the age of forty. That was extremely difficult for me. I continued to visit the village and my family there, but there came a point where I had to disappear from their lives. I poured all my energy into the elves after that. I would check up on the families there, but they never saw me.

Lyla ended up getting married first. She fell in love with Isabel's son Fenel, and they were married two years later. The sixty year age difference did not matter to them. Liere got married two years after that to one of the librarians. She worked there all the time with him. Lynette was next, marrying a Colonel in the earth army. Liere choose a great husband to rule the air kingdom with, and Lynette would always have a high standing in the earth kingdom.

My dear Laidna was supposed to get married on the same day as Lynette. She was engaged to a young man in the fire army. He was on a patrol a month before the wedding and was murdered by Dark forces when caught in a surprise attack. Laidna suffered for that for a while, and it was twenty years before she looked at another man with interest. Luckily, she did find another and got married.

I continued to run around and do my duty while visiting my growing family. Liere had two children, a boy and a girl. Lyla and Lynette had three each (two boys and a girl), and Laidna had one child, a girl. All my grandchildren were benders and they all managed to get into some sort of mischief. I spoiled them horribly, and even Aaron was worse than I.

Over the years I lost my friends. Elwen died first, and then Alia returned to the sea with Elendil. Her father asked her to come and rule the ocean because she was the only daughter strong enough to do it. I saw her a couple of times, but will never see her again. Isabel and Lily died about a hundred years after Elwen. I cried for all of them, as the worst for my pain was yet to come for Aaron and I.

When I was about three hundred years old, and Aaron was three-sixty, he found out about my soul. He was quite pissed off at me and did not talk to me for a few days. It broke my heart to see him so upset. He did understand my point and excepted it until the day he died. On that day he swore to me that we would conquer my punishment. No matter how long it was, he would keep fighting for me.

Liere became the queen of the Air kingdom when my father passed away. I had no with to take the title because I already had all the kingdoms. Lyla became queen with Fenel when Isabel stepped down. They both ruled their kingdoms beautifully.

Aaron died one hundred and twenty years before me at age three hundred eighty. I spent those next years spending time with my extended family and helping the elves all I could. The day I died, Laki died as well and my soul stayed on the earth.

~
I am writing this last chapter now as I think on the two hundred years that I have roamed the forest. At first I was just a whisper, but now I am almost a solid being. It is interesting to watch the elven kingdoms continue to grow and my decedents are playing a huge role in it. I run with the wolves, spend time with the river women, and wander aimlessly in the forest.

I have been almost everywhere these past years watching over the lives of the forest. I do get some elven company once in a while, but it is never Aaron. I have not seen or heard from him in over three hundred years. That is the hardest part of this punishment. I have seen my daughters for brief glimpses, and that has given me some comfort. I was told by the First Queen that I will be able to see Aaron for a day soon. That would be bliss.

I wrote these books on my life for the elves. I am portrayed as some wonderful, Goddess-like being. I want the elves to know that I am normal. They have also helped to pass time. For whoever finds these, please share my story. And for the one who finds these, they have the blessing of the half-elven High Queen Kida, ruler of elves and all others in the forest. know I am still here, watching and protecting all of my subjects.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it. I want to thank all of you who have been reading and who have been patient. Thank you so much for encouraging me to write and I hope you enjoy the ending.
later