Perfect Paradise.

Baby Problems.

Mike woke with a groan as his hand reached across Michelle to turn off his alarm clock. He sighed as he laid his head back on his pillow, one of his hands covering his mouth as he sighed softly. He opened them with a groan as he took in the time, it was almost 8 and he would have to be at the rink soon.

He yawned softly, before opening his eyes, trying to keep himself up. His eyes traveled around the room, before landing on the ultrasound picture Michelle had showed him. His fingers ran over the small looking bean and he smiled before frowning. He couldn’t believe that he was actually going to be an father in a few months. That idea scared the fuck out of him. There was so much to get done in so little time.

Mike shook his throwing the covers off his body and made his way in this kitchen. He pulled out a glass and pulled him a glass of milk. Milk was always able to clam him down as a child. He laid his head on his Island when he heard Michelle come into the kitchen.

“Hey,” Michelle said softly, wrapping her arms around his back. “Are you alright?”

Mike nodded his head, “Not really,” He answered yawning.

Michelle frowned before sitting down on one of the stools, “Are you going to talk to me about it so we can work it out?”

Mike rolled his eyes, his mood suddenly changed and he was in mood to be around Michelle. He wanted to be alone for a while. “There is nothing to talk about,” He said, walking back into his bedroom. He was quick to pull on a pair of jeans and a red t-shirt before grabbing his gym bag. He walked back into the kitchen where Michelle sat with her arms crossed and a pissed of look on her face. He didn’t know if it was from her hormones or if it was because he pissed her off.

“So you're just going to go? Just like that?” She asked, rolling her eyes when he nodded his head. “That’s so typical of you Mike. One minute you are fine and the next you aren't”

“I really don’t have time for this Michelle,” Mike said, placing a baseball cap on his head. “I can’t be late for practice, we’ll talk when I get back home.”

And before Michelle could give him a piece of her mind, Mike was already out the door. She rolled her eyes, there would be a lot of talking to do when Mike got home.

- - -

Alex raised his eyebrows when he walked into the gym room. He shook his head when he saw Mike on one of the bikes, his I-Pod blasting random music, a scowl on his face and sweat dripping all over his face.

Alex removed his teammates earphone and placed a towel on his shoulder. “You should wipe your face,” Alex said, hopping on a bike of his own.

“Thanks,” Mike muttered, taking his captain’s advice and wiping his face. “I forgot to grab one of these,” He mumbled placing the towel back over his shoulder.

Alex nodded his head, knowing that it was going to take a while before he got the truth from Mike. Mike wasn’t the type of person to just open up to you, it normally took him a while before could.

“Everything’s alright with Michelle?” Alex asked, slowing pushing the pedals. Alex knew that Mike and Michelle had been together for the past three years almost four, and boy was Alex jealous of what they had. Alex wanted someone to love him like Michelle did Mike. He wanted someone to be able to tell all his secrets to, someone he could love with all his heart.

“Fine,” Mike was quick to answer, “Everything’s fucking perfect.”

“Uh oh,” Alex said with a shake of his head, “Women troubles.” It was something he knew all to well himself, being a hockey player who made a lot of money made it hard to date women.

“It’s not women problems,” Mike said, wiping sweat off his head, “More like baby problems,” He muttered to himself hoping Alex didn’t hear him.

“Did you just say baby problems?” Alex asked, his eyes wide and his mouth wide open.

Mike grunted running his hands through his short black hair. He needed to talk to someone about it, someone who would listen to him. “Yeah, I did.”

Alex cocked his head to the side, “What do you mean?”

“Michelle’s pregnant Alex,” Mike said after a few short breathes.

Alex smiled reaching over to hit Mike on the shoulder in congratulations. “Wow!” He said, “Congrats Mike! Your gonna be a daddy.”

Alex was happy for his friend, a baby was something he couldn’t wait to have. The idea of being a father excited him a lot.

Mike nodded his head in thanks before taking a sip of his water. “Thanks,” He said softly.

Alex studied his friend for a minute before he opened his mouth. “Something tells me that you don’t want to have a baby.”

Mike groaned, he was in no mood to have this conversation right now. If he was, he would of already headed home. “I am, it’s just that I…” Mike said, shaking his head in frustration.

“You what?” Alex asked, wiping his own face with a towel. “Are happy that she’s pregnant or do you not want this baby?”

“Michelle and I always said that we wanted to have kids together,” Mike said, stopping his bike and resting his hands on the handle bar, “It’s just that this baby is so…” He paused, trying to come up with the right word. “It’s so sudden. I mean, yeah there were a few times where we weren’t careful, but we were careful a lot of the time. I’m not ready to be a daddy Alex,” Mike said shaking his head. “I don’t think I can do that, I can’t be a daddy to that child.”

Alex was quiet as he listened to his teammate, he nodded his head, silently telling Mike to continue.

“I’m a hockey player Alex, I’m gone for most of the year. What am I supposed to do when I come home and my kid doesn’t even know who I am, because I’m never home?” Mike asked, “I’m gonna miss my kids first words, I’m gonna miss my kids first steps. I don’t think I can handle being away from my child like that,” He admitted.

“Have you told Michelle this stuff?”

Mike shook his head in the negative. “No, I basically gave her the cold shoulder this morning.”

Alex stood up and smiled, “Then you should tell her what’s bothering you. Go home and talk to your girlfriend Mike. Michelle’s probably taking this out on herself right now. Can you imagine how she must feel right now? Like shit. So home and talk to her, and make it all better, do a little making up if you have to,” Alex said with a smirk.

Mike laughed, nodded his head. “Thanks Alex for listening to me.”

Alex wrapped his towel around his neck, “You're welcome Greenie. You are gonna make a good dad,” He called over his shoulder as he walked out the gym room.

Mike chuckled, running his hands through his hair. His first order of business was to take a shower and then go home and make up with Michelle. A lot of talking was in order.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really wanted to get this out last night. The Caps beat the Pens and I was feeling a little sad because the out come of the game. Mike’s alright through which makes it slightly better! :)

I really wanted to put this part with Alex in, because I like it a lot. And I wanted to show a different side of Mike. I know he seemed so confident in the last chapter, but I kind of like this side of him through.

Massive love and thanks to everyone that's commenting and reading this story! I love hearing what you guys think! Let me know what you think or what you want to happen in this story, please!
Next update will be Adam Burish or Andrew Ladd! <3