Sequel: Hey Little Razorblade

Modern Swinger

Could This Be The End

It's been one month and a half since Matt's been gone.

In this time, I've only talked to him maybe twice.

My phone started ringing and I fumbled my way into my room to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Damn, what the hell were you doing, running?"

I smiled. "No Jon, I was just cleaning the house." I sighed.

"Oh, well have you talked to Matt?"

"No."

"Um-well are you sure?"

I frowned. "Of course, I am. I've only spoken to him twice."

I heard him sigh.

Something was wrong. I just knew it.

"Jon, what happened?" I asked as calmly as possible.

"Chloe, um-well-I don't know how to tell you, but-um"

"Just spit it out already." I sighed angrily.

"Matt cheated."

*******************************************************************************************

"Are you sure that's what he said?" Sara said pacing around the living room.

I was on the couch cuddle up into a pillow, and crying my eyes out.

I nodded.

"That asshole, I'm going to kick his ass. He won't even know what happened to him when I'm done with him." She growled.

I stood up and wiped my eyes. "No, I just want to forget about him and move on. He's not worth my tears." I sighed.

She smiled. "That's the Chloe I know."

"I never thought I could hate more than I did before, but I do."

"You have every right to hate him." Sara said sitting next to me

My cell rang, and she looked at me.

"Want me to see who it is?" She offered.

I smiled. "Yes, I would like that."

She frowned and looked at me. "I'll answer it."

"Hello?-no she doesn't want to talk to you. Because you're a cheating asshole."

She hung up and snorted. "The asshole said that he was sorry and wanted to explain to you."

I hugged her. "Thank you Sara."

"Any time babe, any time." Sara said hugging me back.

It was the end of the two months, and I still refused to talk to Matt.

He called everyday.

But like always I refused to answer the phone. I was planning on staying out of his reach when he came home.

"Chloe?!" I heard being called from the front.

I sighed and walked into my living room to see Jon sitting there.

"How did you get in?" I groaned.

He held up the spare key. "Did you forget?" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "So I see that you are back?" I said sitting on the Lazy boy chair.

He nodded. "Yea, and I missed you so, I decided to come and see you." He smiled. "How has my best friend been?"

I didn't say anything.

Jon shook his head. "That was a stupid question, huh?" he asked.

I smiled briefly. "Yea, but I've been good. I love school." I answered trying to lighten the mood.

"That's good."

There was another silence. I didn't know what to say or do. For the first time since Jon told me about Matt, I wanted to cry.

The tears soon slowly leaked out of my eyes. I wanted to stop them from falling, but I lost control, and before I knew it, I was curled up into a ball crying.

"What's wrong?" Jon asked concerned.

I shook my head. "I-I-I don't know."

"It's about Matt isn't it?" he sighed.

I nodded my head.

He picked me up and sat me in his lap. I dug my head into his shoulder. He stroked my back lightly and sighed.

"You know, I was just so angry that he would do something like that to you. I knew he wouldn't tell you, so I knew I had to. After I actually had the conversation about what happened, he opened eyes to see something I hadn't. I think you need to talk to him." He said.

"No, I don't want to." I cried. "He cheated Jon, I always told myself I was never going to go through that again."

"I know sweetie, but-damn-don't cry." Jon sighed squeezing me.

"I need to ask you a serious question now. Do you think you answer me truthfully?" he asked pulling away from me and wiping away some tears and hair from my face.

"I'll try." I sniffled.

He laughed lightly. "Good enough. Did you ever-well-did you ever feel like you loved him?" he stutters.

I stared back up at him shocked. I had never thought about it. I felt like a 15 year crying over a crush. But I had been trying to get over him for less than a month now.

"Y-y-y-yes, I think a part of me was in love with him. I tried to resist, because, well you know that I didn't want this to happen to me again." I sniffle.

"I didn't want it to happen either." Another voice fills the room.

It was Matt's, and we glanced over at him.

I wanted to yell at him for hurting me, I wanted to curse at him, I wanted to leave the room, but all those things were failing me right now.

I pulled myself closer into Jon.

"Go away." I said like a 5 year old trying to escape a monster.

"Please Chloe; all I need is 5 minutes." Matt pleaded.

He never pleads; it's always the other way around. I sighed and sat up on Jon's lap.

Jon cleared his throat. "I'm going to go into the kitchen." He got up and hen turned to me engulfing me in a hug. "I'll be there if you need me." He whispered into my ear.

I nodded. Jon walked out and I fixed myself on the couch.

"You have 5 minutes." I said above a whisper.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I really am. The whole time afterwards, I didn't know what to do. I knew that I ruined possibly the best thing that's ever happened to me. I was going to call you and tell you myself, I was so scared, because I knew you wouldn't want to deal with me anymore." He sighed. "I just wanted a chance to explain myself."

I ripped my eyes from the loose thread I had been playing with and looked over at Matt. He was a complete mess. His hair was uncombed, and clothes were wrinkled, and his eyes were bloodshot.

I almost felt sorry for him.

"So explain." I stated.

He began to pace around. "I was scared, and so confused about us. I've never felt this way about anyone, and my hormones got the best of me. After I knew Jon had told you what happened, I was pissed. I wanted to be the one to tell you what happened. I wanted you to hear me out. But when you didn't want to talk to me, I was heartbroken. That's when I knew I was a fucking idiot. You're the first girl to want me for me, not for another fuck. I didn't realize that I loved that. In fact, there are a lot of things that I love about you."

"You have one more minute." I said trying to fight the tears stinging the corners of my eyes.

He kneeled down to my eyesight. "I'll just say this, and if you still want me gone, I'll understand."

I nodded allowing him to continue.

"I love you, Chloe." Matt said slowly.

Once again, I got that feeling. The one I got the first time he confessed his feelings for me.

My heart began to pound fast inside my chest.

I tried to swallow the large lump that suddenly formed in my throat.

The palms of my hands began to sweat.

Thoughts began to race inside my head. I began to feel a little dizzy.

Matt got up and ran his hand through his uncombed hair. "I know you didn't feel the same. I'll go and never bother you again."

He turned to walk away, but I caught a hold of his wrist.

"Wait." I said quietly.

He turned to look at me.

"I'm sorry." I sighed.

He looked at me confused. "For what?"

"I-I didn't let you explain." I stated once again quietly.

"I don't blame you for it. I'm surprised that you even gave me five minutes." He said with his head hung low.

I stood up and stared at him. "I don't know what to tell you." I sighed sadly.

He nodded. "I'm going to go." He said quietly, and began to make his way out the door again.

"I love you." I whispered.

I don't know what made me say it back. I mean I was supposed to be mad at him, right?

My mind wanted to hate to him, and forget him.

But my heart, it did love him, and I couldn't deny that.

Matt turned around and looked me in the eyes.

"What did you say?" he asked rushing over to me.

I smirked. "I said: I love you."

He instantly smiled, and his eyes lit up. "Really? You're not just fucking with me?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm being seriously."

Matt quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly.

"Does this mean, that-well-you know, I have another chance?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes." I smiled.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. He began to kiss me on my cheek and on my lips repeatedly.

"Ok, ok. I get it." I laughed. "Just don't fuck up again, because next time, I will kick your ass."

He laughed along. "I promise that I won't."

Once again, I believed his lies.

I should have known to never believe a word Matt Friction says.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I believe that I was so cleverly deceived, By good looks, some charm, and a brilliant lie"

this is the ending of this story. I want to do a squeal. message/comment