Sequel: Hey Little Razorblade

Modern Swinger

Is This Seat Taken

Almost a week later:
"So you're the lead singer, right?" some cheap bleach blonde girl asked pressing herself against Matt.

I was packing up the merch when I noticed Matt sitting at the bar talking to some Barbie. I rolled my eyes; he was going to fall for a girl like that?

Of course he was.

"That's me. Can I get you a drink?" He grinned.

She nodded and flashed him a smile.

It's been a little less than a week, and this is what he's been doing. He finds a girl for the night.

"Hey Chloe, are you done?" Jon yelled snapping my daze from Matt and Barbie.

I looked around and nodded. "Yea, I think that's everything."

Jon walked over to me and picked up the boxes. I picked up the last one and followed Jon towards the back.

I placed the boxes inside the room and sighed. I leaned against the doorway as I watched Jon put down the boxes, and make sure the equipment was put away.

"What's wrong with you lately?" Jon asked turning around and looking at me.

I shook my head quickly. "Nothing's wrong, I'm just tired."

Jon laughed. "I know. Sleeping on a subway isn't the best place to get rest."

I smiled. "I know it isn't. My neck is starting to hurt from it." I said rubbing my neck.

Jon stayed silent for a moment. He was thinking about something hard. I know there was something that he was dying to ask.

"Just say it Jon!" I laughed.

Jon sighed. "Did something happen between Matt and you?"

I gasped. I was taken back by what he said. "Um, define 'something.'"

Jon chuckled. "I mean did you have sex, or kiss?"

I pretended to think about what I was going to say. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him what happened. I mean, I know that he's my best friend and all, but seriously, he would laugh at me.

"Define sex and kiss for me." I teased.

"Damn it Chloe! Just tell me!" He laughed.

I looked down at my shoes, and shrugged. "Yea, something did happen." I mumbled.

Jon sighed. "I knew it. What happened exactly?" he asked worriedly.

"We had sex." I mumbled again.

"Shit." Jon whispered under his breath. "I knew it. What else?"

I took a deep breath. "It happened the last time I got shit faced. Then he kissed me and told me that I needed to remember that night to know what he feels about me. Even though I don't remember, because then I wouldn't be in this shit. I just-don't know what to do." I sighed angrily.

Jon walked up to me and hugged me. This is what I needed. I needed to tell someone what happened. He stroked my hair and pulled away.

"It's ok. I just kinda figured it, I mean he's an asshole, but now even I can't stand it." He sighed.

I nodded. "Look, after this, we're going home. I just want to finish raising the money. Ok? Don't tell anyone." I told him.

Jon smiled. "You're secrets are always safe with me." He said placing his hand over his heart.

I smiled back and kissed his cheek. "Thanks Jonathan."

He scrunched up his nose. "Not here babe, it's just Jon!" he pouted playfully.

"Just remember that I knew you before you Jon D." I warned him.

"Always." He smiled kissing me on the cheek.

"Look what we have here." Matt sneered behind us.

I turned around to see the girl from the bar holding his hand. I could feel a pang of jealousy going through my body.

What does this girl have that I dont?

Wait why am I even asking about this?

"None of your business." I replied in a snotty tone.

I was not going to allow this to get to me. He was not going to get to me.

"What's wrong crying again?" Matt pouted.

I rolled my eyes. I looked up at him. I wanted to punch that smirk off his face. "Why don't fuck your Barbie, and leave me alone?"

He looked shocked.

I smirked and crossed my arms. I hit a nerve. I know I did. I can see it on his face.

He cleared his throat. "I'll see you here tomorrow, bye Jon." He said quickly to Jon.

Jon nodded. "Sure man. Be careful."

Matt nodded, took one last look at me and walked away with Barbie in tow.

Jon laughed. "That went well."

I shrugged. "It went better than expected."

"But did you really fuck him?" Jon asked with a smirk.

I punched his arm playfully. "Jon! Shut the fuck up!" I squealed.

He laughed. "I'm just messing with you. Come on; time to have a good time."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna take a walk. I'll meet you back here at 2." I said grabbing my coat.

"Ok. Be careful, and don't get mugged. Or raped, and remember to-" I cut him off.

"I'm old enough. Chill." I laughed.

I walked out into the New York sidewalk. The cold crisp air touched my face as I made my way towards a Star Bucks for some nice hot coffee.

I thought about everything so far. I really did try to remember that night with Matt.

Nothing comes to mind.

Nothing at all.

I wished I could remember all the details. But I don't, and he hates me for it.

I ordered my coffee, and sat a table. I watched the snow fall over the city. I did have some genuine feelings for him. They were there, and I was afraid of it. For as long as I've known Matt, he's never had a girl for more than a month. Lately all he wants are one night stands.

How could I trust him to be true?

"Excuse, is this seat taken?" Someone asked.

I looked up to see a pair of green eyes. They were beautiful. Then I took a look at the rest of the person. This guy was hot. He had brown short hair, and pale skin. He was tall, and nicely built.

"Um-n-n-no. It's not." I smiled. I mentally slapped myself for stuttering.

"It's ok. Um, mind if I join you. I promise I'm not a freak or anything." The boy said with a grin.

He had dimples.

I'm in love.

"Too bad." I smiled back.

He shook his head with a smile. "I'm Eric." He said holding out his hand.

I shook it. "Chloe."

"Nice to meet you." Eric said.

This could be the boy to help me rid my thoughts of Matt Friction.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Knock knock before you enter, chances are I'm with whoever on the floor trying to forget when we were sober."

message/comment.