‹ Prequel: The Company

Returners

Justin’s Origins

“There’s a statue of you?” I was amazed.
“For I am Justin, and I am bringing sexy back. Morgan, stop staring at it.”
“Justin, why is there a statue of you?” Jess asked.
“Of all of the questions you could be asking, for example, where the hell are we, you ask me ‘why is there a statue?’ Well, I have one for you all, smarty-gits, why is the sky yellow?”
“Wow, the sky’s yellow!” Jess marvelled.
“Sulphur.” Janto answered dully. I looked at him and he pretended to be interested in the small shrub neat his foot. I rolled my eyes and looked at where Justin was pointing.
“Now, you all have to stay here, except you Janto. The masters want to see you.” Janto nodded and walked silently with Justin. “We wont be very long.”
When they were out of earshot, Morgan turned to me.
“He’s in a shit of a mood.”
“Telling me. I don’t get it. He was always the nice one in the group, now he’s about as nice to me as a Miandrogria Sissak is to a Lion.” I slumped down and Morgan followed suit. We sat in silence for a while. Laughter erupted from Morgan’s face as he watched Jess. She was following a butterfly-like creature around. It was bigger than any of the butterflies back home, and it was more like a bird. Jess held up her hand and it kept almost landing, but as Jess got closer, it would dart off around her head. I smiled and laughed too, we all seemed to forget how long we had been waiting as we watched. Eventually, it flew away, and Jess came and sat down with us, face flushed, but happy. Morgan smiled and finally answered me. “He’s just wound up about that Uman thing.”
“I know. But it’s no reason to dog me all the time...”
“He’ll snap back to it. It might just have to wait until we finally get this guy, but…”
“Hey, there’s Justin and Janto. And some other guy.”
“Woah. He’s hot.” Morgan quietly assessed. As they got closer, I could see the new comer. He was dressed in a very human fashion, smart black pants and a button-up shirt. He looked very human, and he had the kind of air about him that made him seem friendly and kind.
“Greetings, esteemed friends of Master-” He richly started.
“C’mon, Justin, please Ross.” Justin cut in, as he usually did.
“Justin. You ruined my greeting.” He smiled. It was a very warm smile, he had neat, bright white teeth, medium build and his arms were lightly-muscular. I felt Morgan run to goo next to me.
“Everybody, this is Rossferatui. I call him Ross.” Justin pointed to each of us in turn, introducing us and saying a little about what we did. “Jess Silva, she’s our technical whiz, Janto Everclear, foreign negotiator and company for me, Megan Harkness, clerical duties, as well as being an all-sorts. And this is Morgan Starn, our resident field agent.”
“Hmm,” Ross said, a small smile curving on his face. “I’d like to see the kind of action you get up to.” Morgan nodded back, a little too dazed to sleaze on back. I hid a smile behind my hand and turned to look at Justin.
“I’ll er…let Ross introduce you to where you’ll be staying, and some of the rules and yadda yadda. Janto, come for a walk again, I have to show you these magnificent Entranogorums I discovered on Coventsevn!”

-

After a rather long explanation, including the very details of exactly why we should not eat the green mushrooms, Rossferatui had finally finished and dismissed himself.
“Uhh…I’m gonna go talk with Rossferatui.” Morgan said.
“Hmm, yes. Talk.” Jess giggled. Morgan poked out his tongue and sauntered off in the direction of the masters chambers. Jess and I found ourselves alone together.
“Did you want to get some food?” I cautiously asked. I wasn’t sure how Jess’d be around me without Morgan there.
“Sure.” She nodded.
-
Morgan knocked on the door marked with a moon covering a sun.
“Master Rossferatui.” Morgan bobbed his head.
“Morgan.” Ross smiled. “Please, come on in.” He held the door open as Morgan stepped into a room full of red and purple. Deep red curtains had silver patterns all over, tables and chairs were of deep mahogany-coloured wood. The room was dark, yet had ample lighting.
“I like what you’ve done with the place.” Morgan said, turning to face Ross. Ross was there, right there at his face, still with that small smile. He reached up and played with a section of Morgan’s hair. “Justin said I would like you. He’s not very good at describing how you look though, he left out the part about you being so very handsome.” He pressed his lips against Morgan’s softly, like he was afraid he had gone too far, then more as he realised Morgan was kissing him back. Rossferatui pulled off Morgan’s jacket as Morgan started on undoing Rossferatui’s shirt, noticing the buttons were made of a heavy metal, as opposed to normal plastic. He pulled off the shirt and ran his hands along Rossferatui’s lightly sweated torso.
“I think you are wearing too much now.” Rossferatui said, looking Morgan right in the eye. Morgan took off his vest and undid his shirt. “Still too much.” Ross whispered. Morgan smiled. And unbuckled his belt, pulling down his fly and removing his pants. “Oh…” Ross said, looking down. “What are those?”
“Uh…underpants?” Morgan said, looking puzzled.
“Weird. What do they do?”
“Uhh…well they hold in your…stuff.” He felt odd, talking about underwear with an aliens hands wrapped around him.
“Still weird. We don’t wear those.” Rossferatui played with the elastic. “But I know something that’s better than these to hold you in.” He slid his hands down into Morgan’s briefs and around his loins.
“I like this better than underpants.” Morgan grinned boyishly.

-

“Even so, did you have fun?” I was intrigued, and rather pleased with myself, having a civil conversation with Jess. We had finished eating well over an hour ago, and had no ambition of going anywhere else fast. Just ebing able to chat to another girl was refeshing; being able to talk to Jess was amazing.
“No way, they really were absolute cockheads in intelligence.” We both laughed.
“Heya.” Morgan said, coming to sit down at the table with us. He had a small purple-coloured salad in his hands.
“How was it?” Jess asked, grinning. I had the same question plastered all over my face.
“None of your businesses.” Morgan pretended to sulk. “But between you and me, it was great.” He grinned.