Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

Home

After our performance, I head back to our bus and I gather all my stuff in my bags and see the taxi pull around. I grab my bags and hug the guys goodbye. As I get off the bus, I see Anna standing off to the side.
"Hey, I heard about your grandma," she says and hugs me, "I'm sorry."
I give her a small smile, "thanks. I'll text you, okay?"
She nods, "I just wanted to say bye, Jesse is waiting for me on the bus to practice."
I nod, "see you later."
She heads off and I shove my stuff into the taxi.
"Going to leave without saying goodbye?" I hear and look over to see Alex.
"Hey," I say surprised, "sorry, I'm in a small rush."
He smiles, "I'm kidding."
He shuts the trunk door for me and faces me, "sucks you're leaving early."
I sigh, "I know. I wish I could stay."
He pushes some hair from my face, "you have to get to your grandma."
I freeze under his touch. He gives me a weak smile, his warm hand dropping from me to his side.
"I'll come by to see you when tour is over," he says.
I nod, "okay. Have fun."
He gives a short nod, "hope things go well with your grandma."
"Thanks."
He steps back and I hesitate. I sigh as I get into the passenger side of the taxi and the man begins driving off and all I can do is watch Alex get smaller and smaller in the sideview mirror. The drive is almost 4 hours, maybe 5 and a half? I have him drop me off at home so I can get rid of my stuff and drive my own car to the hospital. I stand in my apartment, a little upset that I'm here so early. I shake the feeling, it's time to go see grandma. I head off to the hospital and park in the parking lot, nearly empty and I run inside, asking at the front for my grandma's room.
"Ash!" I hear someone call and I look around.
I rush over to Eric, "what floor?"
He takes my hand and pulls me into the elevator. Our hands stay connected as we head off to her room and even when we're inside.
"Grandma?" I say quietly.
I look at her as she lays on the bed, her eyes closed and her left arm wrapped up.
"Ashlynn," I notice mom standing to the side.
Eric let's go of my hand so that mom and I can embrace.
"How is she?" I ask as we part and I sit down.
Eric comes behind me, his hands gently rubbing my shoulders. Mom takes her seat again.
"She's broken her ribs and arm. She bumped her head," she says quietly, "she's in serious enough condition."
I nod a little, refusing to cry, "the doctor's think she'll be okay?"
Mom sighs, "they're not sure. We just got to pray for the best."
I nod a little. I feel Eric's hands on my shoulders and I think back to Alex's touch. I shake the thought, Alex isn't here anymore. I'm done thinking about him. It's Eric now. Eric and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I would give an update since I have a Bio test to deal with tomorrow.
Hope this can tie my readers over for a day!
Sorry it wasn't enough or juicy, ahaha..
Comment/Subscribe?
:)