Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

I'll Forget You Later

I have a shower and get changed, Eric in my living room waiting for me.
"You know, you don't have to come to the hospital with me everytime," I remind him gently.
He smiles, "I'm off work for the week so I thought I would spend time with you."
I smile and kiss him gently, "I appreciate that, really."
He takes my hand and the two of us head down to his car and drive back to the hospital. I feel my phone vibrate and grab it.

Annabelle sent 1:12 pm:

Hey Ash! How are things at home? We all miss you on the tour!!

I smile and instantly reply back:

Things are alright, gran isn't doing so well. I miss you guys! How are things with you?

I shove it in my pocket and follow beside Eric as we head up to the room.
"Look who's up," mom says to me when we walk inside.
I look at the bed and grin, "grandma!"
She smiles a tiny bit, "Lynnie."
I smile at the nickname as I gently hug her. I pull back, kissing her cheek and sit on the chair, my hand taking hers.
"How are you feeling, gran?"
"Sore."
I feel my phone vibrate again but I ignore it for now.
"Who's this handsome fella?" Gran asks and I see her looking at Eric.
His face turns a little red and I smile.
"Gran, this is my boyfriend Eric. I guess you haven't seen him in a few years."
Grandma looks at me, "so this is the one who stole your heart."
I chuckle lightly, not exactly. Grandma doesn't stay up too long and when she falls back to sleep, it's dinner time and I'm hungry. I kiss mom goodbye and follow Eric out to the car.
"Your grandma is cute."
I laugh, "she's a sweetheart."
We get into his car and I remember my phone. I grab it and open it, seeing 3 texts.

Annabelle sent 1:18 pm:

Sorry to hear! Hope she gets better! Things are good! I'm happy we have 4 more days!

Jackson sent 2:33 pm:

Hey Ash! What's the update on granny?

Unknown Number sent 3:02 pm:

Hey, it's Alex. How are things?

I freeze as I read Alex's text. I don't even hear Eric ask me where I want to eat.
"Ash?" Eric says.
"Sorry," I say snapping to reality, "what?"
"Where do you want to eat?"
"Um," I look at my phone, "I'm actually not really hungry anymore. Could you take me home?"
He nods, "yeah, sure."
He drops me off and I lean over, giving him a quick kiss.
"See you later," I say opening the door.
"Bye," he smiles.
I shut the door and head into my apartment. I go into the kitchen and sit at one of the stools at the island and I look at my texts again, a new one.

Rian sent 6:17 pm:

Hey! I gave Alex your number...sorry! But I mean, you guys gotta talk.

I roll my eyes. I reply back to Anna and Jackson, as for Alex...I hesitate. I don't know what to say to him.

Then I decide to:

Hey...things are alright. How's the tour going?

I send it and close my phone, setting it on the counter as I wait. My phone vibrates almost instantly.

Alex sent 6:23 pm:

Just alright? What's going on with your grandma? Tour's boring without you.

I smile a little at the last part. I reply back and when I finish, I begin making dinner. Alex replies back fast again.

Alex sent 6:26 pm:

Sorry to hear...hope she gets better! Well, you, Jackson, Seth and Ben. What are you up to?

I reply back and finish making my soup. I sit down, my phone taking longer to vibrate. I finish half the soup when I get another reply.

Alex sent 6:44 pm:

Yum, I could go for some soup. Send me some?

I laugh a little and reply back. I finish eating and clean up. I get ready for bed and as the night progresses, Alex continues to text me. Hard to forget someone when they're always there.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I had time to add one!
I'm a bad procrastinator...ahaha...
Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this one!
Comment/Subscribe?
:)