Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

Maybe I Don't Have Luck...

After my break up with Eric, I decided to try Sammy.
“Hey,” she says when she sees me.
”Can I spend the night?”
She nods, “sure. What’s up?”
I walk inside, “you may hate me.”
“Why?”
“Can I get a coffee and I’ll tell you?”
She nods and I follow her into the kitchen and I tell her the whole story.
“How was Eric so calm?”
“I have no idea. I had to tell him to hate me, it was weird that he wasn’t yelling or anything.”
“He was probably in shock.”
I nod, “I feel awful.”
She sighs, “I know. But he knows, at least you didn’t keep it from him.”
“Yeah. But I still feel like shit.”
“What are you going to do?” She asks.
“Continue working, leave Eric alone. Hopefully live in my apartment again.”
“What about Alex?”
I shrug, “I don’t know.”
“Do you want to be with him?”
“Kind of. But with Eric, how fresh it is...” I trail off.
“Who do you want to be with?”
I look at my cup of coffee, thinking hard about this. Who do I want?

My apartment is safe to live in again since the lower floors weren't affected and I couldn’t be happier. I clean up my apartment and do some laundry to kill time. As the day rolls into night, I make myself dinner. When I finish up, my phone starts ringing.
“Hello?”
“Hey, you” Alex says quietly, "Ash, bug."
Ash bug? “Hi.” I can hear music and people in the background.
Then I realize he’s drunk. Just great.
“What are you doing, Alex?”
“Just sitting here, having a few drinks.”
“Where is here?” I ask.
“Um,” he stumbles, “looks like a house.”
“Bye, Alex.” I threaten to hang up.
“Wait,” he says, “it’s coming to me.”
“What?”
“Le Chateau…of Jack.”
I sigh, “I’m coming to get you.”
“I’m fine!”
”Why’d you call me then?”
“Because you’re pretty and I like pretty girls.”
I sigh and hang up. I grab my stuff and start heading out to my car. I drive off to Jack’s place, although I have some trouble with the snow that’s on the ground and the amount falling from the sky, not to help it’s dark. I drive slowly as I get to Jack’s place. I park and walk up to the door, pounding on it. When no one answers, I open the door and walk inside. I hear some music while looking around and notice the house is filled with people. I make my way around when I come to a room with a small group of people, a couple of girls dancing and guys obviously drunk. I only recognize Jack and Alex. Alex is standing with one of the girls, her back to me and Alex see’s me.
“Ashlynn!” He cheers and stumbles over.
I fake a smile and notice the girl he was talking to giving me a death glare. I sigh as I grab Alex before he falls.
“You came,” he slurs.
“Come on, I’m taking you home.”
“I don’t want to go home.”
“Fine, Alex, you won’t go home, but we have to leave.”
“We have to?”
I nod, wanting to leave, “yes. It’s an emergency.”
“Emergency? Okay! Take me away fair woman!”
I ignore his comment and I begin to help him walk to the door.
“Want help?” I hear and turn around.
“You’re sober?”
Jack chuckles, “enough to help.”
I smile, “that’d be great.”
He grabs Alex’s other side and we take him outside to my car.
“Thanks,” I say as Jack shuts the door.
Jack hesitates, standing in the snow with no jacket, he watches Alex inside the car and looks at me, "he was having a rough time."
"I kind of had a feeling," I sigh looking in Alex's direction. He's staring out the front window to the snow and my focus turns back to Jack.
“You sure you should drive in this?” He says referring to the weather.
“I’m sure we’ll be fine,” I smile.
“Okay, safe driving.”
“Bye.”
He walks back into the house and I get in the car and start it up.
“It’s fuh-reezing!” Alex exclaims.
“Yeah, I got that.”
I let it warm up a bit and I watch the weather, Jack being kind of right. This weather isn’t exactly the safest. Once the car is heated up, I begin to drive. As I slowly drive, I watch as a couple of cars slide a little. I become a little nervous, hoping to make it home safely. I continue on and I soon feel something on my neck. I realize Alex is kissing me.
“Alex,” I say, shrugging him off.
“Come on, Ash,” she slurs, “I want to do it again.”
“Alex, please don’t, I need to drive,” I say as his hands touch me.
He doesn’t pay attention and I lose my thoughts with the road as I try to get his hands off me. I can’t handle this while driving. As I go to push him off, my hand gets caught in the wheel, turning it, and I take the car it, I hit the breaks but before I react, we’re sliding off the road. In seconds, my world turns black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man oh man! There's today's update! I had time so I thought I would give one!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Comment/Subscribe
:)