Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

What Have I Done?

Alex’s POV -

I open my eyes to see brightness. I close them again and groan, slowly opening to let them adjust. They finally do and I look around.
"Hey," Jack says quietly.
"Jack? Where am I?"
"The hospital," he says, "you've been out for 3 days."
"3 days? What happened?" I ask in confusion.
I realize my head is bandaged and my arm is in a cast.
"You were at my place, drunk and called Ashlynn," he says quietly, he looks tired, "she came and picked you up. Something happened - the car flipped as she drove you home."
As he tells me, I have flashbacks to that night. I was upset at what happened between me and Ashlynn that I got drunk. I remember talking to some girl, with some plan to sleep with her. Ashlynn was kind enough to come get me.
"Shit," I sigh.
Then I become alert, "how is she?"
"She hasn't woken up yet. She hit her head pretty good."
"Shit," I mutter, more pissed at myself, "I can't believe I did this."
"Come on, Alex, no one's dead, she's going to be fine."
"But I put her in here," I argue, "it's my fault!"
"Alex, relax," he says, "you need to relax."
"Nice to see you awake!" A doctor says walking in.
"He woke up a couple minutes ago," Jack replies.
"How are you feeling?" The doctor asks.
"Confused and sore."
"No surprises there," he smiles, "you're going to be fine. Actually if things are well, you should be fine to go home tomorrow morning."
"How's Ashlynn?"
"She still hasn't woken up, but it shouldn't be much longer," he sighs, "when she wakes, we'll let you know."
I nod a little and watch as he walks out and I glance at Jack.
"I need to see her," I tell him.
"You will, just relax for right now, she's not going anywhere today, I'll take you later."
"I want to see her now."
"It's probably not a good idea," he says quietly.
"Why not? I feel fine."
"Eric is with her."
I stare at him, did I hear him right?
"Eric is here?"
He nods and I sigh, resting my head against the pillow.
"He's been here for a couple of hours."
I don't respond as I feel more guilt. Eric will probably kill me for putting his girlfriend in this place. As time rolls on, Jack asks the doctor if I can see Ashlynn and he agrees. He helps me into the wheel chair and he takes me over to her room which is at the far end of the hall. He pushes me inside and I see her room is empty. Ashlynn is laying on the bed, her head wrapped and she's bruised, her eyes remain closed. My stomach twists. I put her in here.
"I'll be back in 10 minutes," Jack says to me.
"Thanks," I say as he heads out to the hall.
I sigh and look at Ashlynn.
"Ash," I say quietly and I hold her hand with my good arm.
She stays unresponsive as I gently rub her hand.
"I'm sorry I did this to you," I say quietly, "please, wake up for me. Wake up for Eric and your mom."
I watch her, hoping to see some sort of movement, but there's nothing.
"Let me see those beautiful eyes and hear that angelic voice."
Nothing. I sigh, not sure what to do or if it's worth it. I manage to stand up and I lean over, pressing my lips gently to hers, no response. I pull back a little.
"I love you," I whisper, my last chance.
I feel her hand move a little and my heart skips as I sit and watch her for anything else. As the last remaining minutes drag on, she stays motionless.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's the last update for today!
I was in the mood for an update and a comment helped with that too :)
Enjoy, readers!
Comment/Subscribe?
:D