Status: slightly active? i still have writers block

Innocence is an Illusion

Chapter 7

An hour later, Lexi and Lucas walked out of Darin’s work place, with various gadgets stuck in their pockets. Well, mostly in their pockets.

“Whoa, these things are so cool!”

Lexi rolled her eyes at Lucas’s childish behavior, trying to ignore the fact that he was pretending to be some sort of James Bond impersonator. Nineteen years old, and he still acts like guns are the best toys ever, thought Lexi. He was rolling on the floor, saying “Pow!! Pow pow pow!!” while pretending to shoot the ray gun around the hallway.

Contradicting her normally stony face, Lexi gave a crooked half smile while watching Lucas, remembering how her father used to play around with her like that whenever he got new equipment. Shaking her head, she returned to her blank expression, and huffed as she continued walking.

"At least try to act mature, Lucas. You could seriously break something or hurt someone with that.” She apathetically stated as the turned her back on him. When she was about to go around the corner, she heard a quiet gasp followed by a nearly inaudible scream, and whirled around to see Lucas on the ground clutching his foot, with the ray gun discarded nearby. He looked like a small child who just stubbed his toe from the way he rocked back and forth, and his face barely allowed any pain to be present in his expression. Yet Lexi knew how much it must have hurt him. She had to bite her lip to keep from bursting out in hysterical laughter.

“I told you so.” She muttered just loud enough for Lucas to hear.

Shooting a glare at her, he attempted to stand, but hobbled off balance because of his injured foot. Sighing, Lexi grabbed the ray gun, stuck it in her belt, and then helped Lucas get into a standing position.

“Next stop, the hospital wing.” She said as Lucas let out a sigh of relief.

“Finally, somewhere I know that I’ll be spending a lot of time at.”

Lexi let out a chuckle, and for the first time in a while, a real, sincere smile spread across her face. “You got that right, newbie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
there ya go :) C O M M E N T S are greatly appreciated