Status: Slowly active

Living in the Limelight

"It creeps up on you and becomes an obsession. It comes out of watching a million movies."

Frank
“...happy Birthday dear Frankie, happy birthday to you.” My bandmates sang. Bob placed the birthday cupcake in front of me and I smiled. “Aw, a whole cupcake, just for me. Thank you!” I said, gleefully. They all smiled and told me to blow out the candle sticking up from the yellow frosting. I closed my eyes, playing along, and blew out the already flickering flame.

“Happy Birthday, Frankie.” Gerard congratulated, giving me a friendly hug and patting me on the back. I smiled, and moved onto Mikey who was standing in line. “Thank you guys.” I said, once the hugging was all done. Ray shook his head, holding something behind his back. “What?” I asked. He smiled, and brought out the new Charlotte Weathers album, Hollywood Workshop.

I practically tore the C.D from his hands and tore at the plastic entrapping the case. Pulling off the plastic, and letting it fall to the floor, I stared at the cover for a bit, a picture of Charlotte sporting blond hair and barbie like makeup.

“Ohmygodicantbelieveyougotthisforme!” I exclaimed, jumping Ray with a super-sized hug. He patted my back, laughing when Gerard told me that was only half of the gift. “Seriously?” I asked. He nodded. “Well, we know how obsessed you are.” I placed my hands on my hips. “I am not obsessed!”


“C’mon, you’ve got pictures all over your bunk area. Are you sure your not obsessed?” Mikey asked. I nodded. “It’s not like a stalk her or anything.” I defended myself since clearly I was on my own. Bob laughed. “Ha, that’s because every time you’re in the same city, Gee has to put a leash on you.” I scoffed, which Gee laughed at. “Only one time. So far.”

“Getting back to my present. What’s the rest of it?” I asked, bringing the topic back. Gerard sighed, and pulled out tickets to a concert. “Seeing as how you love her so much, I thought it would be nice to if you had tickets.”

My mouth dropped.

Charlotte
“I guess, well, I technically have 4 new ones.There of Egyptian Canopic Jars. One for the liver, one for the stomach, one for the intestines, and one for the lungs. Blake had drawn up these sketches, and I was fu-effing obsessed. Um, so now that I guess everybody knows about it, they wanna see them. Aha it's quite funny.”


“Ok, well, aside from Charlotte’s ever growing number of tattoos, let’s talk about the new album. Right now your on a tour, the Painted Pretty Tour.” The radio interviewer asked. I nodded. “Yes. It’s me and Emilie Autumn headlining with a bunch of indie bands.”

“This album, entitled Hollywood Workshop has a pretty deep meaning. Would you say that’s true.

“Yes completely. It was my cousin who inspired it. He did a short movie for his video production class, focusing on teens who are at risk for what he calls, ‘Self-correction’ pretty much, changing who you are, what you like, just to be like someone else and cool. That’s pretty much the album in a sense.”

“Very nice, indeed.” He said, “Two weeks from now, you’ll be heading to North America. Then it’s over to Japan. Do you have any plans while you’re home?” I shook my head. “Not really. Maybe like, going to park and spending more time with my cousin. I know he really misses me when I leave.” I said.

“Thank you, Charlotte, for coming in and talking with us for a few minutes. I know you’ve got a very busy schedule, sold-out shows amongst other things. Make sure to pick up a copy of the latest album, Hollywood Workshop from our very own Charlotte Weathers. You have a good day.”

After a few more spoken words, I placed the headphones down and waved goodbye to the DJ. I stepped out the back door of the studio and into the brisk night air. I could see my car, with the big dent in the fender where Galen had hit the mailbox